Homebrew SDL MAME?

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, it takes a very long time to load as far as I know. It takes so long, in fact, that I'm not willing to download it.

Although with tantric's efforts in porting SDL to the Wii, that may change in time.

Pippin666

SSF43DE Master
Trophies
Website
www.tetesrasees.com
XP
Country
Canada
s3phir0th115 said:
Well, it takes a very long time to load as far as I know. It takes so long, in fact, that I'm not willing to download it.

Although with tantric's efforts in porting SDL to the Wii, that may change in time.
Not really, the problem isn't the portability of the library (in this case sdl), but the ram management.

Goshogun1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Assuming you don't plan on playing anything beyond the early 90's or any 3D stuff you should be fine. TMNT works pretty much perfectly for me. You could technically emulate quite a few arcade games. The loading is slow sometimes, but that's usually depending on the games size.
Give it a shot. Also, the rom list is randomized each time you start it but you can switch the list to another random grouping by entering and exiting the rom select window. Anyway, good luck.

Edit: Also, I am highly doubtful Marvel VS Capcom works very well using this emu. I hear it takes 34 mins to load. LOL And MVSC2 won't work at all with it so don't even bother.

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pippin666 said:
s3phir0th115 said:

Not really, the problem isn't the portability of the library (in this case sdl), but the ram management.

Even with ram management trouble, I think the SDL port would help. After all, the current one depends on a Linux distro made for the wii to run. I'm sure a native wii version would greatly enhance everything, including load times.

Jaems

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I was planning on playing Dungeons and Dragons: Shadow over Mystara, but uh, according to what you guys have just said, and after doing a little research, looks like each load time would be hour-long waits.

Well, w/e. Thanks anyways, fellas.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.