Hacking SD2VITA questions

nodnyl10

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello again,

I just got SD2VITA with 32GB of Micro SD. I successfully set it up and configured ready to be use. But uh I somehow stumbled upon some difficulties and misunderstandings when using it. I use the SD2VITA as uma0 and kept my 32gb Sony Memory Card to be the main (ux0). So here are my questions.

1. Is it possible to use the Sony 32gb Memory Card while AT THE SAME TIME using the SD2VITA storage so I can keep installing PS Vita games?
2. What do I do so I can use SD2VITA (uma0) for PS Vita games without removing my Sony Memory Card (ux0)?
3. If by all else fails and I really can't use uma0 for main PS Vita games, then aside from homebrews, what else can I use it for?
4. Can I at least use uma0 to direct some other files in it, like mainly the rePatch folder? Game is in ux0 but rePatch is in uma0 is that possible?

Last edited by nodnyl10,

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Afaik, you can swap uma0 for ux0
So:
1. No (afaik).
2. You swap the mounting points.
3. No idea. Probably just the homebrew. (Maybe that there is an app which allows you to "move games" so something like symlink).
4. Maybe. Don't remember now.

But PSP games are quite big so you can use those 32gs for that.

Last edited by Kubas_inko,
Reactions: nodnyl10

Darktalon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use my SD2VITA with 128GB for VITA games, and the official 64GB vita memory card as Uma0: and I put all the PSP games on there that run with Adrenaline.

jumpingspoon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you swap the mounting points in vitashell? Because my sd is uma0 and I want to put vita games on that to run them. Or do I need to get the sd2vita switch 3.68 hencore is my vita.

Priestiality

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you swap the mounting points in vitashell? Because my sd is uma0 and I want to put vita games on that to run them. Or do I need to get the sd2vita switch 3.68 hencore is my vita.
Vita games can only run from ux0:, so you need to make the SD2Vita ux0: and the MCD (Sony Card) uma0:. Luckily for you I've been writing instructions on how to do this for the past week.

*This guide assumes you are using StorageMgr. If not, replace gamesd with it.*

Copy everything from the Sony Card to the SD. Do not uninstall h-encore or vitashell from the Sony Card, any other apps can be removed once copied to SD.

Next edit your storage_config.txt to be MCD=uma0 and GCD=ux0 then either reload config.txt in the TAIhen settings menu or reboot the Vita completely and run h-encore (preferable).

In Adrenaline, hold the PS button, and click the Adrenaline button under settings. Press R twice to get to settings. You'll see something about the memory card location, I forget the exact phrasing. Change it to uma0. All your previously installed PSP and PS1 games should be there. If you're using pkgj, go into your pkgi folder in vitashell and change the config.txt to use uma0 instead of ux0 for psp and ps1 games so future downloads install to that location.

For RetroArch or other emulators, just make folders of your choosing in uma0: and transfer the ROM files there directly with FTP or USB.

Last edited by Priestiality,

Proto-Propski

Legally Weird!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
1. Not unless you setup your two cards individually, and Hot Swap using the "Switch SD2Vita" App that changes the SD2Vita Mounting Points between uma0:/, and ux0:/

3. Storing Roms, like PS1, and PSP for use in Adrenaline which has an option to read from ur0:/ as well as uma0:/, so you can make a Adrenaline Game Bubble, and Auto-Load certain PSP playable games in uma0:/ through Adrenaline straight from your Livearea like anyother Vita game/app.

4. Dunno, never tried it, but it seems possible.

Last edited by Proto-Propski,

Barrons

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
when you back up your old sony memory card to your pc to transfer the files to the sd card did you turn on show hidden files in windows or you wouldnt of back up your sony memory card correctly some files will be missing

when you back up the sony memory card to your pc via vita shell you need to make sure you turn on show hidden files in windows then copy and paste all the files from the memory card to your pc then paste them back onto your new sd card.

everything will then work as normal if you have storagemgr installed.

this is the tutorial i followed:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-my-sd2vita-psvsd-is-having-issues-thread.510876/

i use my 64gb micro sd card for all my vita games

and my 32gb sony memory card for all my ps1 and psp games.

you can not have vita games on the memory card and the micro sd memory card

vita games will only loads from ux0 which is the mounting point for the memory card.

sd2vita all the way!

To change installation path of adrenaline ps1 and psx games follow the below:

1. If you use pkgj, navigate to ux0:Pkgi using VitaShell or FTP/USB and open config.txt.

2. Change the line that says "install_psp_psx_location ux0:" to "install_psp_psx_location uma0:". Save and close.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: im back