Hacking SD2VITA all set up, now how do I rip games? Tutorial followed: will be listed in description.

slyboogy27

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tutorial:
1) Download the SD2Vita drivers (done)
2) Download the zzBlank.img image (done)

3) If you haven't already, move your ux0:tai folder to ur0:tai and delete the ux0:tai (entire folder) (done)

As always when using an sd2vita: ensure your ur0:tai/config.txt has everything you need configured in it, then delete the ux0:tai folder from anywhere it may exist (internal 1gb ux0 on vita 2000s/PSTV, the vita memory card if one is inserted and the microsd in the sd2vita). That way there will be no confusion about which config.txt is used (ux0 or ur0), and the tai folder will always be available at boot regardless of what microsd/vita mem card is inserted, as it will be on the internal ur0 storage."

4) Copy the SD2Vita drivers to ur0:tai (done)

5) Add the following to ur0:tai/config.txt (done)

*KERNEL

ur0:tai/gamesd.skprx

***the line 'ur0:tai/gamesd.skprx'must always be the first one in the 'kernel' section of ur0:tai/config.txt, because the microsd needs to be mounted as ux0: before the system tries to load anything from it.***

6) Backup your Vita Memory Card to your computer via VitaShell using USB or FTP (done)

If you're using USB, make sure you have hidden files enabled and hidden operating system files enabled

- Note: I do have hidden files enabled and hidden operating systems too

7) Put your microSD card into your computer (done)

8) Download the latest release of Win32 Disk Imager (done)

9) Open Win32 Disk Imager and select zzBlank.img from your computer (done)

10) Select your microSD and click Write (done)

11) Take out your microSD card and put it back in again (done)

12) Format your card from Windows (done)

File System: exFat (done)

Allocation Unit Size: Default Allocation Size (default allocation size for everything under 200GB - 64k for 200GB+ and above)
- Note: I have a 256gb I used 64k for the allocation size

DO NOT put a volume label (done)

13) Copy the ux0:/ backup you made earlier to the SD Card (done)

14) Put the SD Card into the SD2Vita adapter (done)
TURN OFF PS VITA AND
******TAKE OUT THE SONY PROPRIETORY MEMORY CARD******** (done)
Pop SD2Vita in the game cartridge slot and power back on the Vita (done)

My question is how do I get the SD2Vita working right (like I have just accomplished)
AND still be able to rip Vita games? I don't know the trick because every time I turn on the PS Vita without the SD2Vita in and just the SONY memory card I get a message saying I need to format the card for it to work right.
I would simply like to know how I get the best of both worlds, ripping then adding the games to a memory card that can hold them all, please if anyone has any tips that I'm missing here please inform me as I would like to start playing my Vita.
I mean...do I have to reformat the SONY memory card or...what? I'm so lost and I'm not moving until I get some serious advice.

EDIT: (But probably not the solution) Could I just disable the gamesd.skprx plugin and rip the game and then enable the plugin once I want to use the SD2Vita again? (Just a thought)

- Note to self: You're using your 8GB SONY memory stick (just so you don't get confused since you have a 16GB and an 8GB)

EDIT AFTER EDIT: I just delete the plugin off of ur0 when I want to use my SONY Vita memory card for ripping games, solved my own problem lol

Last edited by slyboogy27,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The only CoD game I played that I truly enjoyed was Black Ops 1, and only the single player...