Translation SD Gundam G Generation Overworld english translation

TerrorOfDeath93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Wow at last.. From dip student till i got a job in insurance company.. Now they finished the translation owh yeahh! Such a long journey.. Btw congrat guys.. Yes.. If the team could do us a favor.. Please release the gundam.. Please please :) Hoho.. :bow:

Reactions: Mateus Quinto Alves

AdanK85

Game Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hmm. Reviewing our progress so far and after a bit of a discussion, I can only say we can't guarantee anything at the moment. Bug report at this moment is roughly 85-90% sorted, with more reports that are being added as we speak. Right now, it's more of a battle of attritions for us (especially clean looking at those walls of texts) and some beta testers are burnt out even (this type of game is quite taxing, more so with beta testing + bug reporting with screenshots + descriptions, instead of simply playing). lolz. :X

Yea, we are close but not that close. Just wait I guess. There's plenty of games came out recently for you to spend time in. :P

Last edited by AdanK85,

Dragn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good to hear about the progress, AdanK85. And no problem with the waiting since I can understand the team not wanting to release an unfinished project into the wild. I just thought I'd give it a shot and ask ^_^
Thanks for your hard work, and please keep it up!

danikk

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
While the translation is still unfinished, I do have a New Year surprise for everyone: an update for the HQ texture patch.

This update includes a brand new optional part for the patch utilizing the texture replacement feature of PPSSPP 1.3 to include some textures at a higher resolution. Unfortunatelly the majorty of the game's textures are stored at a resolution that is incompatible with the replacement feature, but there are still a few cases that can be replaced including:
  • A good number of ship map sprites
  • Many ship attack animations
  • Most standing character images in the character training menu
  • Most character icons in the Custom BGM Menu
Also, as of this version the attack texture and the map sprite patches are released as a single xdelta patch, simplifying the installation process and saving about 800MB in download size.

Of course with with such a new feature comes new screenshots:
5cdsfp.jpg

dza0bp.jpg

30abz86.jpg

s2whtz.jpg

e16jw8.jpg

2zyj676.jpg

Evolution of quality original:
r2kb3c.jpg

HQ Patch:
n3r6h.jpg

New PPSSPP HQ:
zyeed.jpg

Attack textures 1.5:
  • Replaced textures for the all attacks of the Tieren Space Type (Leader)
  • Replaced textures for the Beam Saber Attack of the Virgo II
  • Replaced textures for the Twin Buster rifle of the Wing Zero Gundam (EW)
  • Replaced textures for the Beam Saber Attack (miss) and evasion of the Muramase
  • Fixed part missing from the Beam Saber attack of the X Gundam (File corruption)
  • Fixed Broken Bazooka attack for the Gundam Mk-II (bad replacement)
  • Fixed shadow of the Leo (Ground type) when evading (bad replacement)
  • Fixed GN Beam Gun attack of the GN Armor Type-E (bad replacement)
  • Fixed Alvatore GN field deployment Texture glitch (bad replacement)
  • Fixed 00 Gundam icons not loading in custom BGM (corrupt file)
  • Fixed character icons not loading in the Custom BGM screen for the 00 Movie (corrupt file)
  • Fixed minor black lines during some attack animations
  • Fixed Gundam Unit 02 (MLRS) having its number mirrored in some cases
Map Sprites 1.2:
  • Fixed disjoint with Bertigo facing North
  • Fixed Zaku 50
  • Fixed Dice Gundam
  • Fixed minor glitches on Ground Gundam
  • Fixed minor glitches on Nightingale
  • Fixed GM Sniper Floating
  • Changed movement sprite for Ptolemaios and Ptolemaios II (GN Drive glow)

Install instructions and download link are in the original release post:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/sd-gund...glish-translation.369219/page-32#post-6051344

Have a fun, Happy New Year everyone!

Last edited by danikk,

Twilightwing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i'm trying to patch my game ,but I don't know what i should set my output file can anybody help me? Hope you guys can release a vid for the patching progress

Last edited by Twilightwing,

danikk

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
So i'm trying to patch my game ,but I don't know what i should set my output file can anybody help me? Hope you guys can release a vid for the patching progress
You can set the output file to whatever you want, its just how the output (patched).iso will be saved.

Twilightwing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can set the output file to whatever you want, its just how the output (patched).iso will be saved.
K I manage to get it to finally patch so ty. man 2017 is almost here same with the complete product huh?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

upload_2016-12-31_17-50-4.png
upload_2016-12-31_17-51-3.png
The game should look like this since I patched it right? Just making sure

Attachments

• upload_2016-12-31_17-49-43.png
    upload_2016-12-31_17-49-43.png
    102.2 KB · Views: 188

danikk

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I'm not really sure by these screenshots, Unicorn, 00 Season 2, Gunpla Builders, 00 Movie and AGE aren't really affected by the patch.

Twilightwing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not really sure by these screenshots, Unicorn, 00 Season 2, Gunpla Builders, 00 Movie and AGE aren't really affected by the patch.
hmmm okay btw you said you need to unpack the extra HQ texture into the texture file ,but I don't see one here
upload_2016-12-31_17-59-53.png

Attachments

• upload_2016-12-31_17-59-11.png
    upload_2016-12-31_17-59-11.png
    100.8 KB · Views: 208

danikk

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Hmm, I guess PPSSPP doesn't automatically create the directory, just create a "TEXTURES" folder there and put the files in there.

CoolWingGundam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Excuse Me! Can i ask? why my [PPSSPP] Gundam Overworld is still in japanese? i can't understand but i download and follow the instruction :ohnoes::cry::unsure:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This Project is hard for me. i guess and i will wait for the English Translation :grog:
[Sorry on the Grammar] :)

BlackDog61

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Just to state clearly what Danikk posted earlier a few times: the translation isn't currently available. Only the "higher resolution textures" pack was made available.

(By the way, I confirm the "Textures" folder has to be manually created the first time around.)

Dragn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(By the way, I confirm the "Textures" folder has to be manually created the first time around.)
Thanks Danikk for the updated textures! It works great, though the difference between your textures and the game's originals in the unreplaceable models really show the age of the game. Also not to mention it's meant for a tiny 4" screen rather than our 20"+ monitors ;)
My texture folder created automatically. PPSSPP now has 2 possible save locations, which is why some might be confused. In the settings, under system, you can choose between the program's root folder or your OS's my documents folder. Especially if you don't run as administrator, PPSSPP defaults the memstick folder to your OS's my documents folder and this setting cannot be changed. Just wanted to point this out in case some of you are running this on Windows and are having trouble finding your savegame folder.

Reactions: Dav_Dabz and danikk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts