Translation SD Gundam G Generation Overworld english translation

CleanSweep

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Asking both out of curiosity and for those who end up as testers in the future, is it recommended we start a new file in order to review certain sections of the game (e.g., the check for a Ggen World and Portable save files when starting a new game, the prologue mission, the master select, etc.)?
Beta testers need to at least make one new save to test that stuff, but afterwards, they're probably going to get access to a 100% save file so extensive testing can be done without forcing people to do absurd amounts of grinding.

hungofhydra

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry for my bad English. I want to ask one question
How long will the beta test?
I have waited for this translation since izzul95 founded this project. I want to be a beta test but this month and next month I am very busy, so pity.

danikk

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
edit: never mind, I was editing this for way too long and it got answered in the meantime.

I would say not necessarily. While some of the testers should start a new game for the reasons you mentioned, it would be useful if some testers could test the later stages right away as the D stages have the largest amount, and some of the most complex texts in the game. Also if someone is going for some more obscure lines (E.g. conversation when allied hero A fighting with enemy hero B) it can be useful to have a sufficently overpowered army to set things up.

Last edited by danikk,
Reactions: RegisXNex

BetaXenon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
(E.g. conversation when allied hero A fighting with enemy hero B) it can be useful to have a sufficently overpowered army to set things up.
It's kinda strange but i found that to do it on Hell stages (if you have powerfull enoght army to beat grunts) is actually easier, because guests don't tend to die from some random critical so often as they do on normal. Howewer, it's different on turn-limit challenges/breaks where on normal, with little of proper planning you can reach target zone in couple of turns instead of 5-15 as turn limit suggest.

AdanK85

Game Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
What is required to do as a beta tester for the translation, and what is the job description?
Refer previous page in one post I did.

-------------
Anyway, just saying that I got the messages with the answers now and they will be reviewed by the team. We got different timeline, after all. Not to mention real life on WEEKENDS. lolz.

Last edited by AdanK85,

danikk

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Refer previous page in one post I did.
I think he meant what a beta tester will need to do as part of the beta testing.

In general, playing through the game, and see if the texts are
  • Clear and understandable
  • Factually correct
  • Displays properly
  • has no typos in it
Try to cover as much of the game's text during a mission as possible (have allied heroes attack enemy heroes, let allied units damaged/killed, let timers run out that result in extra dialog).
Search the game for texts that re not yet translated and report them.

AdanK85

Game Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
----------------------
Well actually, I might as well just pm you and see if it works. -.-"

If you can reply to my pm, just use that instead of that email.

Last edited by AdanK85,

NoctisLuna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i received ur pm..thank you..

just review my answer if its alright..

i sent 2 times because i misclick the enter and it sent the answers incompletely..i sent a second time for the final answers..

thank you for this..i've been a long time for an english translation :)

More Power to you guys.

AdanK85

Game Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hmm. Planning to announce the result for the first batch in 10 hours time, provided the guys in the west (who are sleeping now) have no objection. Probably let the test goes on until we reach a good amount of beta testers.

Just so you guys know, I also felt dizzy watching the video a few times just to find these words. lolz.

Last edited by AdanK85,

AdanK85

Game Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
So, these are the first batch of beta testers that we decided to recruit.

BetaXenon
Jace Akane
antarusch
Blackdog91
Kira "bugs Bunny" Yamato
NoctisLuna

An invitation to the beta test conversation is sent to each of them. The beta files will be available in the conversation with instructions on how to make a patched build. Do use that chat for any problems.

Last edited by AdanK85,

antarusch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hello AdanK85,

This is the first time I post but I have been a lurker in the forum for a long time.

I´m interested in beta testing the translation but it seems I can´t send you a pm, maybe because I dont have the required number of posts.

I already have the answers for the test you posted earlier, is there another way to send you the answers?

Thanks in advance

AdanK85

Game Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Pm you already.

Anyone else? Shutting the door in 30 minutes! Me need ma beautiful sleep :X

Edit: Another 20 minutes.

Edit: 5 minutes.

Edit: Done. Please refer 2 posts before this.

Last edited by AdanK85,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock