Translation SD Gundam G Generation Overworld english translation

danikk

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
It only works with SD Gundam G Generation Overworld. It might also work with SD Gundam G Generation World as well, probably with some modifications.

Reactions: Fon Spaak

CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
Does this tool work only on SD Gundam G Generation Overworld or can it work on other games?

If other games use the same system it should theoretically work, but I can't think of any titles that would use such a system. I've never seen it outside of G Gen.

Reactions: Fon Spaak

BetaXenon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Two weeks without any post so lets me ask something.
Who is your master?
Who are you chosen as your meister when starting to play this game? Or not necessery first. I am interesting in first time you maked choice consciously.
For me it's
67693924.jpg

No, actually it's Haman Karn. I was about to choose Char, but then i become confused which one, because there is, like, five of them (3 versions of Casval Rem Deikun and two "Char's Clones" if i remember right.)

Last edited by BetaXenon,

claytor22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's good news, and bad news.

The good news: there's only 8 more scripts to go through.

The bad news: it's all stuff we have the least amount of context for, because some of it refers to stuff in World.

I don't consider it bad news, I consider it a minor detour. you guys have already done a ton of work. i am sure you will rip through them when you crack it.

Reactions: BetaXenon

BetaXenon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
The bad news: it's all stuff we have the least amount of context for, because some of it refers to stuff in World.
Well, World untranslated so it's didn't matter much.

The good news: there's only 8 more scripts to go through.
So, you actually going to complete it before December? This is great!

CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
So, you actually going to complete it before December? This is great!

No promises on that, however there isn't a whole lot left to do, but there IS a lot of QA to go over. So there will most likely be at least a month of testing and fixes.

breaktemp

D-Sun who was called D-Moon
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Whew, out by December eh ?

Hmm, would it really only take about 3 more months to complete the World/Hell Mode original stuff ?

That is amazing to hear if this is true ^_^"

Quite a few translations will be completed by the end of this year...right around the time that pokemon sun/moon drops !!

Anyhow, do stay strong team and I will continue to look forward to your updates these next few months.

AdanK85

Game Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Probably do another video in 2-3 weeks time. There's a mid-semester uni break but who knows what kind of homework bundles I will get this time. Will see what I can whip up. I have to dig around for good soundtrack though.

BetaXenon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Translation is still save compatible? And what about character's name, they going to be translated if i load japanese save or characters going to keep japanese ones in such case? I asking because i am unlocked almost 75% of MS already :(

I have to dig around for good soundtrack though.
Which style do you like?
Perhaps i can recommend some good ones.

Fon Spaak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds great, i wouldn't mind that the translation takes a bit longer, as long as the translation team is doing the fine work as always, also, is the team going to make the translation tool available? So it can be used to make a possible translation for G Generation Spirits, and might be possibly a bit easier since it follows the animation and manga storyline, but it might rest on the translation teams interested on the project.

Last edited by Fon Spaak,

CleanSweep

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is the team going to make the translation tool available? So it can be used to make a possible translation for G Generation Spirits
There's a few different tools, from a dialogue editor that doesn't really do anything besides make it easier to count characters and insert formatting, to text extractors and inserters that may not work for any other game.

AdanK85

Game Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Translation is still save compatible? And what about character's name, they going to be translated if i load japanese save or characters going to keep japanese ones in such case? I asking because i am unlocked almost 75% of MS already :(

Erm. I have been using breaktemp jp save and loaded in my playthrough. I don't see anything broken so far. Maybe the save menu. Not 100% sure about that.

Which style do you like?
Perhaps i can recommend some good ones.

Err. At this point, I am still not sure. Preferably something without vocal.

Reactions: breaktemp

PiQue_MajorCooke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand

From what I experienced, if you are using SAVE STATE, then if save ALL text data, including Japanese text.

If you are using NORMAL SAVE, then you will find NO problem at all. You can just load your save game with all new English Texts.

In case you are playing on SAVE STATE, then you have to LOAD SAVE STATE somewhere mid-stage, then do a NORMAL SAVE, then restart the game, reload NORMAL SAVE which this reloading may kicked you out of the stage, then you lose all your save mid-stage :(, but finally you can play the stage again with ALL new English texts! :D

Reactions: CleanSweep

BetaXenon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
In case you are playing on SAVE STATE
I playing on PSP, so i use only normal saves. And this is good. But i also asked if characters names of bought characters changing after loading or it's requiring a new game. I am going to see ハマーン・カーン or Haman Karn?

I am still not sure. Preferably something without vocal.
Jamie Cristopherson songs. Not ones that he created for Metal Gear Rising though, but ones for Bladestorm or Onimusha is very good. And of course classics. Peer Gynt of Henrik Ibsen and Sheherezada of Rimsky-Korsakov.

Reactions: AdanK85

danikk

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I playing on PSP, so i use only normal saves. And this is good. But i also asked if characters names of bought characters changing after loading or it's requiring a new game. I am going to see ハマーン・カーン or Haman Karn?
You are going to see Haman Karn, the only translated text that gets saved is the "last played level" text which gets displayed on the load game screen. At least it makes it easy to determine if the save game was made with the translated or the original version of the game.

danikk

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
The HQ Texture Patch, has been updated. This release mainly focuses on improvements between Stardust Memory and Victory Gundam.
Some of the most notable changes include the fixing of the wheel animation of the Motorad mobile suits in Victory Gundam, and new animations for units on atmospheric flight units.

Download link in the original release post:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/sd-gund...glish-translation.369219/page-32#post-6051344

Changelogs:
  • New Animation for the Birmingham’s AA laser cannon and 2-barrel beam cannon attacks
  • New Animation for all of the Dijeh Base Jabber’s attacks
  • New Animation for the Dreissen Base Jabber”s Beam Cannon and Tri-Blade attacks (ported from SD Gundam World)
  • New Animation for the Zaku III Base Jabber”s attacks (ranged weapons ported from SD Gundam World)
  • New Animation for the Gustav Karl (Kessaria)’s Ranged attacks
  • New Animation for the Gwanban’s Mega Particle Cannon attack
  • Extended Animation for the Beam Rifle of the Nu Gundam (Ported from SD Gundam World)
  • Fixed continuity error during the combination attack between Gyuney’s Jagd Doga and the Sazabi (The Jagd Doga’s funnels appeared docked on the unit while it was firing its beam rifle, even though they were released beforehand, and in fact are flying around the suit).
  • Fixed Beam Shield not showing up during the Crossbone Gundam X-2 Kai’s Defend animation (Game bug)
  • Fixed Vigna Ghina II Jupiter Battle Spec having the wrong head insignia during unit cutin (Game bug)
  • Fixed wheel animation for all attacks of the Gedlav and the Zollidia (Game bug)
  • Fixed wheel animation for the Bruckeng (Commander Type)’s Tackle attack (Game bug)
  • Fixed several incorrectly replaced textures:
    • Fixed minor graphical glitches in the funnel attacks of the Sazabi and the Alpha Aizeru
    • Fixed minor graphical glitches in the close range evade animation of the Nightingale
    • Fixed the Beam Saber attack animation of the Heavygun
    • Fixed the evade/defend animation of the Vigna Ghina
  • Replaced evade animation for the Xamel
  • Replaced evade animation for the Qubeley and Qubeley Mk II (Black)
  • Replaced evade animation for the Grand Zam
  • Replaced defend animation for the Psyco Gundam Mk II
  • Replaced Beam Saber attack for the Gelgoog Cima Custom
  • Replaced Vulcan Cannon attack for the Shurtzum Diaz
  • Replaced Beam Rifle, missile and first half of the beam saber attack ot the Re-GZ Custom
  • Replaced all animations for the Methuss (MA)
  • Replaced all attack animations for the GM III and fixed the evade/defend animation being incorrectly replaced with the wrong color scheme (red instead of green)
  • Improved textures for the DX Gundam’s Satellite Cannon attack
  • Minor Improvements on many textures
  • Changed the sprite of the RF Musai to be consistent with the rest of the ship graphics
  • Fixed the thruster fins of the Crossbone Gundam X-2 Kai’s being purple instead of red (game bug)
  • Fixed the Ground GM floating when facing South
  • Fixed Gyuney’s and Quess’s Jagd Doga
  • Fixed disconnect on the Alpha Azieru’s wings
  • Fixed Hi-Nu Gundam when facing West
  • Fixes on Barzam, Wing Zero Gundam, GP 03 Dendrobium Orchis

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-