Kizux

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
kizuxgaming.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Venezuela
Question: Can the same patching method used to translate this game be used for the other previous SD Gundam G? Kinda like SRW Z2 Hakai-hen and Saisei-hen since almost all commands and skills were the same and as far as I know, the architecture of the games were the same.

Kizux

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Venezuela
I was referring that the patchers had less problems making the patch for SRW Saisei-hen because the architecture was almost (if not completely) like Hakai-hen, and they could import most of their work from the first one.
My question was if you could do the same, use your knowledge and assests of Overworld and patch the other SD Gundam G Generation games.

CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
Ah. We could for World but I have no idea how Wars is built. World would require us to do the same process of searching to find the files again.

Also I believe World I wouldn't be able to translate the story. I tried once before by editing the Dataumd.CPK itself and I ended up with over laping characters.

Kizux

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Venezuela
Well, that really depends on you, and maybe the ones expecting the patch. As for me, I'm happy with the necessary (menus, skill names/descriptions, character names, item names/descriptions, etc and specially in Tactical RPGs: Mission Objectives). I hope you can get progress done without too much problems, I played World and really enjoyed the gameplay, but the moment I touched the Base menu and had to manage mechs, pilots, items, etc. I felt like stepping into the wrong class.

Karry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
The minimum I want to do is everything needed to play.
Units, Triggers, skills, pilots, attacks, any menus, etc.
Most of that is not "needed to play".

Unit names was useful to know in old SRW games because it was just text, in recent games they have head icons as well. In GG games they also have quite distinct icons so i never thought i needed to know the name to know what i'm looking at.
Pilots names are also not particularly needed. If i dont know some obscure character from GundamV - i dont buy him, i dont suppose anyone operates differently, other than compiling all-female teams and such.
Menus are not particularly needed also. There is not much that is not self-explanatory once you press any particular menu item. In older SRW games knowing what spell to use was essential, but in Overworld all spells are also self-explanatory icons. And really, does anyone needs to know attack names ? For story purposes you almost always need to defeat the boss in melee, that's all anyone needs to know.

All that's left is parts names and skills. Most of those give some stat buff\debuff so after a while it's possible to learn all the stat kanjis, but some skills represent rather obscure mechanics changes and there is no other way but going to the wiki to check.

TRDL or TLRD, or whatever they say, skills and parts should be a priority, the rest is optional and should come only after that is done.

CrashmanX

Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
"Unit names was useful to know in old SRW games because it was just text,"
No, it'a always been images. Even as far back as SRW 1 for the Gameboy it's been images. Never once did we have a SRW that was text only.

"TRDL or TLRD, or whatever they say, skills and parts should be a priority, the rest is optional and should come only after that is done."
TLDR I'll translate what I want when I want and how I want. What matters to you may not matters to others. It's people like you that make me say fuck translating games. You're nothing but a "This is what I want so give it to me now" kind of asshole. So no, I will not prioritize skills/parts over the others as they take longer and I have yet to locate them all.
To be honest, none of it is "needed to play" because you can learn Japanese or even play 100% without knowing the language. Yea it helps but you don't need it. This isn't a game where you MUST know what it says in order to advance.

Kizux

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Venezuela
Nnj4RRs.png

Awkward...

So, any updates on the project or is it on hold for the moment?

CrashmanX

Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
Semi-hold. I've been slowly translating, again nothing big. Just small things. Once Izzul responds with some form of update we'll be further in progress from there. I'm still holding off on doing anything big until he posts.

Reactions: breaktemp

PiQue_MajorCooke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Hello, I want to help.
Could you guys release some kind of incomplete beta patch first?
(I use ppsspp to play this game via an .iso rom file for now)

I am not good at hacking but I am good in English.
I like Gundam but sadly that BANDAI did not produce G Generation in English.

If there are anything that can help G Generation to go international in English, I want to help.
If you guys can release beta patch, I can play and help correct or rearrange some English words for you.

PS. I am Thai. I may not be able to directly translate Japan. But I got many ways online to help me with japan meaning. (Because I play Japan game quite a lot)

Please tell me if there are anything I can help.
And I really appreciate you guys for ALL your works. Helping Gundam into English.
Thanks for all your devotion.

-PiQue - [email protected]

breaktemp

D-Sun who was called D-Moon
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Karry

always remember the golden rule of translations...if you are unhappy with the rate at which a game is being translated...you are welcome to learn how to do it yourself ^_^"

* same apply for if you don't agree with what is being translated *

CrashmanX

ah, slowed down the pace a bit...I can't blame you.

eagerly looking forward to Izzul's next update ^_^"

PiQue_MajorCooke
hello, always nice to meet a fellow gundam fan !

I am more or less in the same boat as you...looks like we have to wait until the next progress update before we can know how we can help out with this project.

* planning on advertising this translation after it gets released *

Bucky699

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd just like to say i love you guys. One of my favorite game series and it never gets translated. So THANK YOU!! Even if you dont finish and just release the menus, MS names and part names its still a big help to the community of english players of these great games. Keep up the good work i hope you finish soon :D

PiQue_MajorCooke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
PiQue_MajorCooke
hello, always nice to meet a fellow gundam fan !

I am more or less in the same boat as you...looks like we have to wait until the next progress update before we can know how we can help out with this project.

* planning on advertising this translation after it gets released *

Nice to meet you.
Thanks for the warm welcome.
I am also want to help support this project if there are any money donation needed.
Looking forward to see the release of this patch from Gundam Fans. :D

Even if you dont finish and just release the menus, MS names and part names its still a big help to the community of english players of these great games.

I totally agreed.
Your "Current Unfinished Progress" is already very good, very helpful. It is very awesome!
I want to encourage you guys.

izzul95

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
meettomy.site
XP
Country
Iran
I think for now I need to make some group to make translation for stage story/break/over impact trigger
for example
I need 2 or 3 people in one team working for all Rank-A stage translation
and other team for other Rank stage translation
If we have many people
we can speed up the translation
for those who interested PM me
tell me which Rank stage your team and you want to translate
*p/s---I don't care if you know japananese/english or wanted to use machine translation
but make sure you have some basic in japanese

breaktemp

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
izzul95

might just be me...but all of the updated IMG's seem to be broken/un-viewable in the OP.

but wow, I am very happy to see you back commenting in the thread ^_^"

also, excellent idea of building a translation team from this thread !!

* many, who have posted here, seem eager to help out *

while I do not know basic Japanese...I did some digging and found my old save files.

going to try and attach them here...do let me know if they load properly.

* please, someone check for me *

Attachments

• SD 1.zip
    515.8 KB · Views: 367
  • SD SYSTEM.zip
    708.4 KB · Views: 338
  • SD 2.zip
    510 KB · Views: 304
  • SD 3.zip
    519.6 KB · Views: 302
  • SD 4.zip
    515.5 KB · Views: 273

breaktemp

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
CrashmanX

it puts a smile on my face to see everyone getting back together to work on this project ^_^"

looks like you can update your status from "Currently working on Danball Senki for PSP" to "Currently working on SD Gundam G Generation Overworld for PSP"

oh, and you are welcome to use my old save files in anyway that you would like.

* I hope they are somehow helpful...not sure if I cleared all of the hell mode missions *

hmm, I think I will tag along with the A-Rank Stages...mainly as moral support.

I am also making myself available to test and/or record the A-Ranked Stages.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/j-JgIxFZTKY?si=9yG57ooZm1wvSOsz