Hardware SD card problem

Archemetes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Recently, I have been experiencing this weird problem where my 3ds won't start up with my SD card inserted. I've set up my SD card with A9LH (i think), not sure about this but it allows me to install .cia files and play them, loads into the CFW on start up unlike using rxtools with the glitchy screen start up.

So anyways, I know the 3ds won't read the SD card because I've tried pressing the SD deeper into the slot (while being careful not to accidentally remove it while the 3ds is on), and it boots normally into the CFW. Then when I restart the 3ds with the SD card normally in place, then the 3ds won't start up properly again. During the boot up (with SD card placed normally), the blue 3ds light turns on for a moment and then off again. I have tried to power on the 3ds without an SD card and it boots normally like it would without an SD card. There is no error message saying there was a problem detecting the SD card as the 3ds won't boot normally at all.

After some time taking the SD card in and out, it detects it normally again, but I'm afraid it might not detect it again in the future. Anyone know a fix to this? I have tried placing the microSD (with the CFW) into another SD card and the 3ds won't detect it at all, I don't even get an error regarding the SD card at start up. It just boots up as if there was no SD card.

I'm not well versed with a lot of the 3ds or CFW terminology and my english isn't great either, so I hope it's comprehensible. Thank you for any help available :)

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Your microSD sounds like it is dying - you could test it with H2testw (backup your data first - good idea to do this anyway!). You'll probably need a new card (BTW I am guessing when you say "SD card" you mean "SD adapter"?)

By the way your English sounds 100% fluent and I would never have guessed it was a second language!

Archemetes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Wow, thank you so much for the kind words and the helpful reply. I have placed it in my laptop's card reader and it reads just fine, and I have a 6 year old 3DS so I'm not sure if its gotten old and is causing this problem. Yes, I mean SD adapter, sorry for the confusion. I'll try to test it out with H2testw too.

vinstage

sweg
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
my english isn't great either, so I hope it's comprehensible
It's really fluent, you probably speak better English than some other mother language speakers.
I have a 6 year old 3DS
I may be wrong, but it could be internal damage to the 3DS... or it'll be something to do with the SD adapter, and from this it may be that you buy a new one, or check into whether it's your 3DS...

Reactions: Quantumcat

Archemetes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
It's really fluent, you probably speak better English than some other mother language speakers.

I may be wrong, but it could be internal damage to the 3DS... or it'll be something to do with the SD adapter, and from this it may be that you buy a new one, or check into whether it's your 3DS...

Thank you too for the kind words, but I had to google to spellcheck some of the words I used :rofl2: I've tried testing it with H2testw and it finished without a problem. I reinserted the SD card and it boots to the CFW normally again.

Note: What I feared did happen. After it was fixed initially after I posted this thread, the 3DS couldn't detect the SD card again. Only after running the test on H2testw did it start to work again. I've turned it on a couple of times and it has successfully loaded into the CFW as always. Hopefully the problem doesn't happen again. But thank you all for the kind and helpful replies. Good day to you all :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 16 is becoming bare minimum for today's gaymes +1