Homebrew SD card over 2gb with Hiya + Installing .Tia files?

BOBdotEXE

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just finished up using the guide yesterday, and it worked flawlessly for my dsi +dsi XL.

I can install my dumped cia games from my 3ds just fine to SdNand,

But the problem is, I only have 1 2GB Sd card...and it's well over 10 years old.

Is there anyway to use a larger SD card with CFW?
I've tried making a single 1.8GB partition (active, fat32) but it would not load the files (freezes on bootloader screen)

So right now, I can only use one system at a time. :'(

Also, are there any guides on how to install .tia files?

I've been looking it up, but can't find anything, and I really want to put SRLoader on my homescreen!

Edit: turns out to install tia's you need 'Twlit' and right now it's only on the dsi discord.

Last edited by BOBdotEXE,
Reactions: THYPLEX

BOBdotEXE

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recommend using fat16 for anything under 4GB. As I recall Stage2/Launcher did not have issues booting off SDHC cards so not sure why your card isn't working. Try changing it to fat16 to see if that helps.
Thanks, I'll give that a try.

Any tips on the .tia installation?

Edit: formatting as fat16 (32k) did not seem to help.
I put the exact same files on my 2gb card, and they booted up just fine though :-/

Last edited by BOBdotEXE,

E1ite007

wierd avatar guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thanks, I'll give that a try.

Any tips on the .tia installation?

Edit: formatting as fat16 (32k) did not seem to help.
I put the exact same files on my 2gb card, and they booted up just fine though :-/
Do you have anything to test the other card? It's sound weird that your <2GB SD freeze the DSi even on FAT16.

BOBdotEXE

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have anything to test the other card? It's sound weird that your <2GB SD freeze the DSi even on FAT16.
yeah, I tried it on two 16gb sd cards.

On the discord, It's confirmed to work on 4gb/8gb and others, So it may just be an issue with some sandisk 16gb cards.

I think I have an old 4gb in my wii, so I'll just use that in the mean time.

martinm90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I tried to use TWLit on 2 sdcards but it dont install anything. I choose the .tia, than my sdcard and "execute'' but nothing happens, only

Beginning TIA install...
>Reading GUI input...
>Reading TIA...
>Parsing TIA header...
>Reading ticket...
>Reading TMD...
>Reading SRL...
>Reading public save...
>Reading private save...
>Reading banner save...

no new thing on my homescreen :/

Ferris1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i have the same issue...2GB Fujifilm SD Card is working well but my 4gb Toshiba SDHC doesn't work...After the Hiya Bootlogo and a 3 seconds whitescreen i get the error Message like someone would try to Boot a blocked NDS flashcard on an OWF DSi.

I also have the question How to install/Use TIA and SRL Files, the DSi Guide doesn't isnt helpfull in this case

Ferris1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
TWLit seams to be an application for the pc I already downloaded and it’s just TWLTool with a GUI. There must be a way to extract the file and add it into the SDNAND, an installer or something else.

I was looking for instructions but after that google change my search from twlit to twilight I didn’t found anything helpful, no tut/instructions, no alternatives...nothing :ohnoes:

BOBdotEXE

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TWLit seams to be an application for the pc I already downloaded and it’s just TWLTool with a GUI. There must be a way to extract the file and add it into the SDNAND, an installer or something else.

I was looking for instructions but after that google change my search from twlit to twilight I didn’t found anything helpful, no tut/instructions, no alternatives...nothing :ohnoes:

It's pretty straight forward:
upload_2018-5-6_22-59-32.png

Box 1: Load the tia file,
Box 2: set the location of your SD-Nand
Box 3: Type your console ID.

Then click 'execute'.

Ferris1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i didn't found it on discord but i found an alternative website to dsiguid.me which had the correct Build (3) and now i have SRLoader on my Homescreen.

Now i just have to figure out why my DSi dosn't like the 4gb Toshiba SD Card from one of my old 3ds. Fat and fat32 with different allocation unit sizes doesn't make a difference, it just show me the error message after the Hiya CFW splashscreen

BOBdotEXE

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i didn't found it on discord but i found an alternative website to dsiguid.me which had the correct Build (3) and now i have SRLoader on my Homescreen.

Now i just have to figure out why my DSi dosn't like the 4gb Toshiba SD Card from one of my old 3ds. Fat and fat32 with different allocation unit sizes doesn't make a difference, it just show me the error message after the Hiya CFW splashscreen
Format using SD fromatter:
https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: bitches