Gaming scribblenauts racist?

Islay

Trophies
XP
Country
clegion said:
BlueStar said:
Islay said:
ROFL, thats a retated word to count as rasist, it's slang for a sandwich :/, if i'm not mistaken, but that not important, someone had to know it could cause offence, so that statments is a blant lie.

Also can some one explain why it rasist ?

Do a google image search for 'sambo'
smileipb2.png
i did you got three kind of pictures

the martial art sambo from russia

the portable media player sambo

black people

Ok, I get the picture, its rude, offence a martial art and a TV set in one , Oh and a gord !!!!!!
May I ask why it's important if a game has a word or to that are offence , its 1 in a million chance u will find it unless your looking, and look at silent hill u have the loveable tri heads rape nurse zombie
and sex and gore all over the place and no one cares.

and to Depravo, I think your right, that is offencive, far more then the term that started this topic in the first place, it is saying a race cant do something because of there race, if a business did that there would be law suite or 2 for a few million.

Gold_Yoshi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yuyuyup said:
One more thing, if you are white and live in America, you owe one thing to your fellow black man. You owe it to them to understand and remember our nation's racial history. America has come such a long way in such a short period of time, don't let the hatred relapse.

Ok, I won't say anything bad about blacks ever...no matter how many times walk around the city and get called a Cracker!
tongue.gif

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
injected11 said:
syko5150 said:
people need to just get over it already...i'm in no way a racist person but if people let stupid things like racial words affect their lives they just make the whole racism thing stronger. if people could only just learn to ignore them rather then acknowledge them.
Ignoring racist words doesn't do anything. The person who said them is still being malicious and hateful, and by ignoring them, they suffer no repercusions, and have no reason to stop. I'm white as can be, and I still kicked a friend out of my car 3 weeks ago for using the "N" word. It shouldn't be tolerated.
you should know this already since you live in the US theres no law against being racist yes its morally wrong but people have a right to not like someone i dont agree with them but just because they call someone something doesnt mean anything can be done to them about it thats called freedom of speech.Racism will never go away so its best to ignore it...thinking racism will go away is the same as thinking peace is an option it just wont ever happen.people in the world whether they admit it or not enjoy violence and controversy its entertaining yes its sad when people are at risk of losing their homes and losing friends/family members but the reality is other people around the world sit back and enjoy talking about that stuff even if they say they dont like it so the reality is just because people don't like something doesnt mean it will ever go away people need stupid things like racism and war for the sake of argument without those things what will people do?

clegion

Trophies
Website
cfatalis.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Islay said:
clegion said:
BlueStar said:
Islay said:
ROFL, thats a retated word to count as rasist, it's slang for a sandwich :/, if i'm not mistaken, but that not important, someone had to know it could cause offence, so that statments is a blant lie.

Also can some one explain why it rasist ?

Do a google image search for 'sambo'
smileipb2.png
i did you got three kind of pictures

the martial art sambo from russia

the portable media player sambo

black people

Ok, I get the picture, its rude, offence a martial art and a TV set in one , Oh and a gord !!!!!!
May I ask why it's important if a game has a word or to that are offence , its 1 in a million chance u will find it unless your looking, and look at silent hill u have the loveable tri heads rape nurse zombie
and sex and gore all over the place and no one cares.

and to Depravo, I think your right, that is offencive, far more then the term that started this topic in the first place, it is saying a race cant do something because of there race, if a business did that there would be law suite or 2 for a few million.
and yeah, people go around complaining bout hot coffee

Private|Par

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
eighty4 said:
Why do we care? It's just like you guys are the people who try to make people not use gay as an adjective for something dumb. The word is dead and played out and obviously meant something different.
If you were to use the word "gay" to mean something dumb in anywhere intellectually above say, a high school, you would be looked at as an insensitive, idiotic asshole. You certainly would not be travelling somewhere safely, as I'm sure many people would be seeking to "question" you about such usage. The word "gay" does not mean stupid. We already have a word for stupid. That word is "stupid."

On the racist argument, no. Scribblenauts is not racist. If perhaps you typed in Fried Chicken, or Pokemon, and the appropriate stereotype acted in the stereotypical way, then perhaps it would be a different story. Sambo may have been racist in the past; but I think it is preposterous to say that when it had been used for other things, such as watermelons.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Law said:
FYI, there is more racism towards white people from black people these days

I love posts like this, just goes to prove that while racism can go both ways, a pathetic, whining politically correct victim complex can go both ways as well. What folks who comes out with this stuff don't realise is that they're just the white version of the minority of minorities who see racism against their colour anywhere and everywhere. Going "It's because I'm whiiiiite" all the time is no different going "is it because I is black?" all the time.

Look at the BNP, they throw around spurious accusation of racism more than anyone else in the country, every page on their site is just shrill shreiks of "Anti-white racism! Anti-white racism! Look there it is! It's under the bed! EastEnders doesn't star enough white people! Anti-white racism! Run!"

QUOTE(syko5150 @ Sep 20 2009, 04:23 AM) you should know this already since you live in the US theres no law against being racist yes its morally wrong but people have a right to not like someone i dont agree with them but just because they call someone something doesnt mean anything can be done to them about it thats called freedom of speech.

But some people seem to think "freedom of speech" means "I have the right to call someone a n****, but you don't have the right to call me a racist for it otherwise you're oppressing me and attacking my freedom of speech."

If you want freedom of speech, you have to accept that people have the freedom of speech to call you up on what you say.

As far as I'm aware no-one's brought criminal charges against the makers of scribblenauts, no-one's called for it to be banned, a few people have just raised an eyebrow and written a few tounge-in-cheek blog posts about it. But even if someone was genuinely going on a crusade against it and thought it was racist, they have the right to that opinion and the right to air it. Hell, if Jack Thompson can go on a crusade to get GTA banned, they have a right to launch a similar campaign against Scribblenauts,not that they'd get very far. But I've yet to see that these frothing individuals who want to burn copies of the game exist anywhere but in the minds of some people in this thread who have a bit of a persecution complex.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @BakerMan Make me a space cake plz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I make rum cake for 4th July every year, I make it a week prior and then soak it in rum in the fridge all week. I flip the cake each day, and add little more rum, it soaks it up everyday, so good.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sorry, idk what you mean by a space cake, and even if i did, i'm not really taking requests right now, because otherwise people will get mad at me for taking a request but not making a birthday cake for @Xdqwerty (i'm sorry for that btw bro)
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @BakerMan lies, you just want to smoke it

:rofl2:
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Guess all the food in my fridge can knock out a cow or two
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I should visit Florida again, miss the alligator barbecues
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me and wifey was deciding on our next vacation, so I hung up a map on the wall, and give her a dart and said, wherever you hit, we will go. She threw the dart and it missed the map completely and fell into a trash can below on floor. So I said "ok Florida it is."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @ZeroT21 ohhh a pot cake?
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Gimme some of dat
    +4
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh yeah i don't use weed,in my baking or in general
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides isn't it usually gummies or brownies?
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    So, make a "New Trend"
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i just said i don't use weed
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can add it in anything really, you can even make a butter/oil with it, then use that oil in anything
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent, so telling me to make a cake with cannabis is traumatizing me, ur cancelled buddy /s/srs
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (nah jk i'm just parodying those "i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent" mfs on twitter)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Michigan has legal rec, so you only have few more years, is it 18 or 21 up there? 21 here in Ohio.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    prob 21, idk tho
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Guess I'll go with plan B and make a Rum Vanilla flavored ice cream
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That sounds damn good.
    Nah. Tequila maybe
    That, or Old No. 7
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm ashamed to ask, but what is old no 7?
    Jack Daniels
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh yea, duh
    +1
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Oh yea, duh +1