Homebrew Homebrew app Scheduled auto-backup of saves

question

buzzman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
Could you please tell me, in all the faqs it is written "it is highly recommended...always make timely backups of safes". I don't understand why they still haven't made some hb with automatic scheduled backups? For example, "once a day at night at 2:00 if the ninca is on charge do a backup of all safes that have been changed since the last backup".

Maybe there is something like this and the same JSKV already knows how to do it?

It makes so much sense...

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The easiest way to handle this would be if someone made a sys module that you can use to easily dump your last played games save from Tesla and than use a program like sync thing that watches your switch’s SD card over FTP with an FTP sys plugin

mrgone

old man
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i don't think there is any homebrew/software based on scheduling

but the concept would be awesome!
like this:
dump all or selected saves once per day into a (optional: new and timestamped) directory

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah a sysmodule could trigger something on a schedule, but it would have to have some flexibility (after this time rather than at this specific time etc), because it wouldn't be able to activate if the Switch was in sleep mode.

buzzman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
Yeah a sysmodule could trigger something on a schedule, but it would have to have some flexibility (after this time rather than at this specific time etc), because it wouldn't be able to activate if the Switch was in sleep mode.
For example, sys-screenuploader, which runs in the background. As soon as I take a screenshot or video, screenuploader automatically uploads them to the Cloud. This is very convenient.

It would be cool to have a similar functionality where right during the game, like once an hour or once every 3 hours, a mod in the background would update the Cloud with a backup of saves if something new came up on Nintendo Switch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, always has been