Homebrew SCFW: Custom Firmware & Kernel for Supercard

Expbot

Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
Been enjoying 0.3.3 release. Played about an hour of Castlevania Aria of Sorrow. Saved in game and turned off DS Lite . When I started the game again the save does not autoload. Have not tried any other game.
Try powering the console right after you finish playing it will download the save from the sram, I have not had a problem.

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try powering the console right after you finish playing it will download the save from the sram, I have not had a problem.
I have done that. Played the game. Save in game. Power off DS Lite. Next time I load the Supercard it dumps the SRAM to a .sav file. Then I go to load the game and when the game starts all save slots have no save data.

akmanart

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Hi, i installed the custom firmware but I cannot open gba files. It gives too many sram errors. It turns on after a long time but stuck on the white screen. The kernel file also stucks on the white screen. How can I return to the original firmware 1.85? It doesn't open the bin file now.

I have a supercard with a micro SD slot, probably clone. And i'm running it on a game boy advence (agb-101)

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, i installed the custom firmware but I cannot open gba files. It gives too many sram errors. It turns on after a long time but stuck on the white screen. The kernel file also stucks on the white screen. How can I return to the original firmware 1.85? It doesn't open the bin file now.

I have a supercard with a micro SD slot, probably clone. And i'm running it on a game boy advence (agb-101)
Rename the bin file to .gba and it should run. You can also download flashmp from this thread to flash your supercard using a slot-1 flashcart.

Like the OP states, this is only a preview right now, you should use this at your own risk and be prepared for issues.

Reactions: zfreeman

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suspect the battery of my purple Supercard SD (miniSD) may be the culprit of my inability to save. This blue Supercard SD does not have a battery but has save issues as well. If anyone has any ideas on something I could try (short of buying a new cart haha) I'm stumped as to why I am experiencing these problems as nobody else has reported any problems. I plan to replace the battery in the purple cart and will report back on that. Thank you in advance.

davidleeks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
my SuperCard Purple microSD , my guess it is a clone version, is working fine, no issue of saving game. i mostly use it to play Metriod Fusion.

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Last edited by metroid maniac,

davidleeks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Version 0.4 is out!

The big feature this time around is SDHC support, but there are other additions too.
IMG_1292.jpg

Thanks for the update. Just curios, if i set waitstate Patch : 0, means the game will run slower?

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the update. Just curios, if i set waitstate Patch : 0, means the game will run slower?
The game will not work at all, unless patched with Supercard desktop software. The patches in SCFW are still buggy so you can disable them and rely on the Supercard client if you prefer.

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
This card triggers the anti piracy check of iridion II where the game freezes during the first boss battle (but the music continues).

This needs a specific configuration to disable saving, which may be impossible due to how the hardware works, but in the meantime, the following patch makes Irirdion II work properly:

Code:
0001FA90: F4 D3 -> 00 1C
0001FA95: D1 -> E0.

Patch for "Top Gun - Combat Zones" which has a similar issue:

Code:
00088817: 35 -> 34
0011CA14: 46 -> 00
0011CA5D: 4C -> 00
0011CC94: 53 -> 00

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
This needs a specific configuration to disable saving, which may be impossible due to how the hardware works, but in the meantime, the following patch makes Irirdion II work properly:

Code:
0001FA90: F4 D3 -> 00 1C
0001FA95: D1 -> E0.

Patch for "Top Gun - Combat Zones" which has a similar issue:

Code:
00088817: 35 -> 34
0011CA14: 46 -> 00
0011CA5D: 4C -> 00
0011CC94: 53 -> 00
This patch can probably integrated into the loading routine. That way nothing would need to be disabled.
The NES classic games don't work either.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol