OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
thanks for doing that. i've just tested and the sub file is not loading. its in the same directory as the video file, named the samename.srt. i tested it on a few files and nothing. so i'll assume that subs are not yet supported. weren't they added in an iplayer firmware revision?

-another world

Escape

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm... So I guess it doesn't support softsubs after all.
Might happen in a later update though, as it's just like you said, the iPlayer didn't support this feature in the beginning, and only a few weeks later the firmware got updated and it was able to read softsubs (iirc).

mrp73

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Are you able to pass on suggestions to the SC Team? The biggest feature I need in it is actually a very small feature. I need a feature that enables me to lock the keys so that when I hand my DS to my 2 year old daughter on the bus to watch she can't accidentally press a button and stop playback or bring up a menu. Trust me she and most children want to watch movies but just can't stop their little hands from pressing buttons while doing that. If a feature was put in to lock it and then I would have to press a button combination to unlock it that would be the greatest feature of all as a parent.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
even though I have no need for this video player, I bet my kids will love it, now they can watch their movies on the go without having to ask me for my ipod touch. although I'm not as excited as others, I am looking forward to it

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
When i press the d-pad to the right while a movie is playing, the player freeze on my iSMM.
Do you have the same issue Another World ?

I'm using the Divx test from here to test the compatibility of the movie player.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Mbmax said:
When i press the d-pad to the right while a movie is playing, the player freeze on my iSMM.

I'm using the Divx test from here to test the compatibility of the movie player.

did you just confirm that the ismart mm is an oem of the scds2? i'm curious why else a plugin for the supercard is running on the ismart mm?

and no, if i use the dpad i can seek in videos and it does not freeze. i just retested for you on 4 videos, 2 are over 1gb in size. it could be a video specific problem as i found some flvs just won't play while others do. even with computer software if the video is not encoded correctly odd behavior will occur.

-another world

EJames2100

Trophies
XP
Country
Another World said:

Medainfo told me:
General
Complete name : C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\KHR sample.mkv
Format : Matroska
File size : 5.76 MiB
Duration : 34s 168ms
Overall bit rate : 1 414 Kbps
Writing application : Lavf52.39.1
Writing library : Lavf52.39.1

Video
ID : 1
Format : MPEG-4 Visual
Format profile : Simple@L1
Format settings, BVOP : No
Format settings, QPel : No
Format settings, GMC : No warppoints
Format settings, Matrix : Default (H.263)
Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/ASP
Codec ID/Info : Advanced Simple Profile
Duration : 34s 160ms
Bit rate : 1 258 Kbps
Width : 864 pixels
Height : 480 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 25.000 fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.121
Stream size : 5.12 MiB (89%)
Writing library : Lavc52.37.0
Language : English

Audio
ID : 2
Format : MPEG Audio
Format version : Version 1
Format profile : Layer 2
Codec ID : A_MPEG/L2
Codec ID/Hint : MP2
Duration : 34s 168ms
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 128 Kbps
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Sampling rate : 44.1 KHz
Bit depth : 16 bits
Stream size : 534 KiB (9%)
Language : English

Basically;
Resolution = 864x480
Frame Rate = 25.000 fps
Display Aspect Ratio = 16:9

Did this file run really smooth ?

Could you try a 720p or 1080p file and post the results ?

Are you able to say place some sort of 'Bookmark' so when you open the file next time, you can select it and it will takes you there ?

Hmm no Subs yet, hope they implement it for the Public Release.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
Rydian said:
You didn't try .ASS or .SRT subtitles?
if you want to send me a small encode with matching sub files i'll test them. but please make it small, i have limited bandwidth here for downloading.

-another world
http://rydian.net/subs.zip

A clip from a home video. 3 megabytes, two 22-second clips, the first with .srt subs and the second with .ass subs (though I'm new to subtitling so the .ass ones might be small on-screen).

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Another World said:
Mbmax said:

did you just confirm that the ismart mm is an oem of the scds2? i'm curious why else a plugin for the supercard is running on the ismart mm?
I'm more to say the iSmart MM is based on the iPlayer hardware when i compare both PCB.
BTW, when i saw your screenshots on the first post, at once i realised the movie player i was testing was similar to yours.
That's why i asked you about the issue i have here.
wink.gif

QUOTE(Another World @ Oct 23 2010, 10:48 PM)
and no, if i use the dpad i can seek in videos and it does not freeze. i just retested for you on 4 videos, 2 are over 1gb in size. it could be a video specific problem as i found some flvs just won't play while others do. even with computer software if the video is not encoded correctly odd behavior will occur.

-another world
Perhaps it's a problem about my microSD. I'm using a crappy made in taïwan with bad access time. I will try with a better microSD.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
EJames2100 said:

Are you able to say place some sort of 'Bookmark' so when you open the file next time, you can select it and it will takes you there ?

not right now i can't, i'm paying for bandwidth and i don't have mkv files to test with. if you want to make 10-20 second samples and send them my way i will test those to see if they play. i'm assuming 20 second samples of high-def will be small in size, tho i'm probably wrong =P.

as for bookmarks, they are automatically made when you stop and exit the video. they load automatically the next time you play the video and offer you a choice to resume or not.

QUOTE(Rydian @ Oct 23 2010, 02:15 PM) A clip from a home video. 3 megabytes, two 22-second clips, the first with .srt subs and the second with .ass subs (though I'm new to subtitling so the .ass ones might be small on-screen).

both vids play, neither load subs.

-another world

EJames2100

Trophies
XP
Country
Another World said:
EJames2100 said:

not right now i can't, i'm paying for bandwidth and i don't have mkv files to test with. if you want to make 10-20 second samples and send them my way i will test those to see if they play. i'm assuming 20 second samples of high-def will be small in size, tho i'm probably wrong =P.

as for bookmarks, they are automatically made when you stop and exit the video. they load automatically the next time you play the video and offer you a choice to resume or not.

Ahh good about he bookmark bit, will be especially useful.
Yeah I'll see about the samples, finding them will be a pain however lol

Yes and no, I can probably convert them to a smaller size without any loss so I'll see about that too
smile.gif

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
QUOTE said:
this article will contain hands-on impressions only and not extensive file format testing, debugging, etc, as features may still be added, fixed, or changed before the final release.

i am unable to download more files, i'm paying for bandwidth right now. i did not plan to do any extensive testing, yet. that will all be saved for the actual review of the final product. below is a link to the very small file i used to test that the .mkv extension would be recognized and if it would play. feel free to download it and run gspot or something on it to see what it actually is. remember this was going to be a divx player only, so testing if other formats loaded was all that was really required of a "hands-on impressions" post.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BQETDC4X

i'd be happy to test other sub formats if someone sends them my way. the hardcoded subs of the tested file worked, if that is what you are all asking about?

-another world

GSpot is for AVI files only. Here are the stats from the MKV:
MPEG4 Simple@L1 video @ 864x480 at about 414kbps, 16x9 and it's PAL, so 25fps.
Audio is typical MPEG2 audio. It's 44.1KHz stereo.

Basically, this test was just to see if MKV files are supported, and they are. The video itself is pretty typical, and I would've been extremely disappointed/surprised if it didn't play back smoothly. Hell, my cell phone could play back this video in its sleep.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xMekux said:
*-* Another way to watch animes

On a screen with a resolution of 256x192? Good luck reading the subtitles or making anything out. It was hard enough watching subbed anime on the original Zune....

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OrGoN3 said:
xMekux said:

On a screen with a resolution of 256x192? Good luck reading the subtitles or making anything out. It was hard enough watching subbed anime on the original Zune....
If you watch it in a DSiXL though,it should be fine
smile.gif

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lolzed said:
OrGoN3 said:
xMekux said:

If you watch it in a DSiXL though,it should be fine
smile.gif

Umm....it's the same resolution. Still only 256x192. You have the same amount of pixels, they're just larger.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: (turns on a fan to deter qwerty's burp and ancientboi's fart)