Oo_Ice_Deep_oO

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I am working on moving some saves over between two Wiis I own. (We will say Wii A to Wii B)

I may end up solving it myself so if no one responds this is "problem and clue post" and I will do a solution post if I figure it out.

Clues:
1) If I "extract" (back up) a save on "Wii B" with "Savegame Manager GX" (SMG) the save will install back just fine. Same thing if I "extract" a save on "Wii A" I am able to reinstall it just fine.
2) SMG seems to run on cIOS 249, right now my 249 is 11 beta base 57, I have tried it on 11 beta base 56 as well. The source wii though is cIOS 249 10 base base 56. The cIOS difference between Wiis A and B might have something to do with it. It also might be that cIOS v10 vs v11, as v11 chaned the way that interaction with the SD card is done. (Update, I tried with both Wiis being on v11 and I still got the error.
3) I do have Prii Loader installed, with the no save copy hack enabled that should remove the save copy protection. (I really think this is just if you are using the Wii's native method of moving saves, where it puts the save in the private folder and you restore on the other wii using the same method. (Obviously that is impossible without the Prii Loader hack, but not useful with savegame manager GX)
4) My copy of Savemanager GX is the latest beta version from 2017 R76. I have heard R127 from 2013 might work DJ Skoal the author rewrote the code fresh for the beta and there are reports of both versions misbehaving in different ways. (Update I tried R127 on both wiis and it crashed in both locations)
5) I do have existing saves for all the games on "Wii B" already, so the intall option shows up just fine.
6) Lastly I am using a FAT32 SDHC 128GB card and there are discussions if things might error due to the card.
7) If the card is corrupted or write protected the card could fail, I am going to check those things. (Update checked this and my cards are not corrupt)

If anyone has any other ideas about what I should try let me know, I will add them to my investigation list.

Last edited by Oo_Ice_Deep_oO,

Oo_Ice_Deep_oO

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Solution....

Though I am still testing one possible solution is instead of using the "extract" option in SMG, use "compress". This will put your save in the Wii's native format that it backs things up with on the SD card in the private folder. These types of saves restore just fine on another Wii. I realize this solution does not help anyone trying to install Pokemon Revolutions save files that are online as they are uncompressed, so I will continue to look for a solution.

Reactions: ber71

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7