Emulation Save transfer to 3DS

disco_dat

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So I've been playing Pokemon Emerald on my DS lite (im using a fake cartridge), and I discovered that I can't transfer pokemon from the game to a gen 4 game. What I thought I could do was take the save from the fake cartridge, and then put that save on a pokemon emerald ROM on my 3ds, but that didn't work (when I opened the ROM it showed no save). I've also tried using pkhex but it won't open the save file. Could anyone help me with this?

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I've been playing Pokemon Emerald on my DS lite (im using a fake cartridge), and I discovered that I can't transfer pokemon from the game to a gen 4 game. What I thought I could do was take the save from the fake cartridge, and then put that save on a pokemon emerald ROM on my 3ds, but that didn't work (when I opened the ROM it showed no save). I've also tried using pkhex but it won't open the save file. Could anyone help me with this?
You can use GodMode9 to flash a new save file.

Engezerstorung

Trophies
XP
Country
France
its a little complicated, those bootleg cartridge like gba pokemons usually have no persistant save chip, they do have an sram chip but no battery to keep it alive
what they do is that the save is actually stored in the game rom itself, they do that by patching the game rom so it behave this way
what the game do is, when you boot it up, it write the save from the rom to the sram chip to load it up, then when you save it write it back in the rom, thats why the game freeze when you save (a legit game dont have the game freezing, it does that because the game rom chip can only be read or written at once, not both, so when it write it freeze)

so basically you need to dump the rom itself and find a way to extract the save from it, there might be tool for that, i never had the need personally so i cant direct you to them sorry

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: People's funny bones are the same taste indeed