Klemzo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello

Does acekard2i have an option to fastforward or inrease game's speed?for me its really annoying playing Pokemon White at that slow speed.
Also are there save states? Like being able to quickly save through the game and then load back to that point? Im sure you all know what I mean.
On that note, how can you enable/disable cheats while playing?
Is there any ingame acekard menu at all? Like settings at emulators?

Thank you very much for all your help and sorr for my crappy English.

Klemzo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So DSi emulator for PSP has more functions then a freaking AceKard2i? Are there any homebrew addons or anything? Does any other card support those features? I mean a freaking emulator has better options thne this. Why can't I increase speed and use save states, that's just bad ...
frown.gif

Klemzo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello.

Is there any way to fastforward (increase speed), save game states and then load then (at any time) and have any "configuration" ("emulation") over a game? It saddens me emulators have more configurations then Acekard2i.

Thanks

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There isnt any card that can fastforward. However there are a few cards that has the "slowmotion" function.

As for savestating(RTS), M3i Zero, Supercard DS Two, CycloDSi Evolution etc can do it.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm not aware of ANY cart that can increase the speed. That requires overclocking the physical hardware (whereas emulation doesn't have that limit).

As for save states, it's a complex process to do on the actual hardware, and even on the carts that support it it can be buggy.

Emulators can do more than the original consoles because they do not have the same hardware limitations. It's not the other way around. This is normal.

An Acekard is just an interface to redirect/play ROMs on the actual hardware.

Klemzo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about bringing cheat console ingame? And disabling/enabling cheats there? There are probably cheats to speed up the game, aren't there?

So Acekard2i doesn't have savestates?

Thanks

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Klemzo said:
What about bringing cheat console ingame? And disabling/enabling cheats there?Some carts have In-Game menus that can do that, like the Supercard DSTwo, but it's one of the expensive carts. The Acekard has no in-game menus, and it's one of the cheap carts.

Klemzo said:
There are probably cheats to speed up the game, aren't there?There's no cheats to overclock the system.

Now, there MAY be times when a game purposely limits speed (like pokemon games limit the speed in the main menu so it doesn't run too fast) and there's sometimes cheats to disable that limit, but that's not a very big boost, and it's only in certain cases (and it's not the cases where stuff's too slow in the first place anyways).

You've been spoiled by emulators, and you're just going to have to deal with that.
tongue.gif

QUOTE(Klemzo @ Jul 30 2011, 06:58 AM)
So Acekard2i doesn't have savestates?
Correct.

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Carts with ingame menus and save states:

M3i0, DStwo, (i)Evo

Carts with fast forwarding:

Carts with a good ingame menu and a mostly nonbuggy save state feature:

DStwo

Carts with a great ingame menu and a bug-free save state feature:

There, I just summed up every special flashcart feature known to man.

Klemzo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the best bet would be to buy DStwo? Is that a generaly good card? Is it known to be good and user friendly? Can't find any subforums for it so more info appreciated.
I see it costs 40€+ which is A LOT! Is it really worth that much money? What features can it offer for it to cost 4x times Acekard2i? :wtf: And then I see there is a DSTwo MINI card, that costs only 20€. What's the difference?

Thanks

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
Evo.lve said:
Carts with ingame menus and save states:

M3i0, DStwo, (i)Evo

Carts with fast forwarding:

Carts with a good ingame menu and a mostly nonbuggy save state feature:

DStwo

Carts with a great ingame menu and a bug-free save state feature:

There, I just summed up every special flashcart feature known to man.
You missed the iSmart MM which has the same features as the SCDS2.

QUOTE(Klemzo @ Jul 30 2011, 02:29 PM) So the best bet would be to buy DStwo? Is that a generaly good card? Is it known to be good and user friendly? Can't find any subforums for it so more info appreciated.
I see it costs 40€+ which is A LOT! Is it really worth that much money? What features can it offer for it to cost 4x times Acekard2i? :wtf: And then I see there is a DSTwo MINI card, that costs only 20€. What's the difference?

Thanks
The SCDS2 is the best card you can buy. It has many extra features that other flashcards don't have due to it's extra CPU and memory (the iSmart MM also has an extra but slower CPU and Extra Memory and has most of the same basic features as the SCDS2 but the SCDS2 is better supported).
The SCDS2 costs so much because of it's extra CPU and memory which the AK 2i doesn't have. You do not see a DSTwo mini for 20 Euros you see a Supercard Mini which is the Supercard DSTwo's predecessor made by the Supercard team. If you look around you will be able to get a SCDS2 for a lot less than 40 Euros.

If you're from the States then why are you looking at prices in Euros?

Klemzo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aha, thank you.
I'll look into this card, as I would really love to have save states. It's kinda lame they can use slowmotion but not fastforward. That's one of the best features for playing Pokemon games
frown.gif

Oh, well, thank you for all your help guys.

P.s.
I used to live in states, now I don't anymore. Never bothered to change it tho. I live in Slovenia now, where everything is hard to get and expensive as crap -_- There is only one store I could find in whole country that sells SCDS2 and they sell it for 45€ .. I doubt I'll be buying this anytime soon. 3DS games should work here when they get them to work right? don't want to be buying another card after .. Also, can it run GBA?

EDIT:
I was reading GBAtemp review http://gbatemp.net/t232281-supercard-dstwo-review
and it shows a picture where "Fastforwarding" tick box is shown. But that isn't really fastforward and counts as FrameSkipping currect? Which, as fas as I know, can't be used to "speed up" the game?

Edit:
What exactly does soft reset mean? I always thought that means pressing Power button on DSi once, for it to reset and not completely turn off. But I believe I was hugely mistaken :s A lot of cards "almost brag" having that feature. What exactly does it mean?

P.S.
Again, sorry for my really crappy English. I greatly appreciate all the help.ž
THank you!

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Klemzo said:
Aha, thank you.
I'll look into this card, as I would really love to have save states. It's kinda lame they can use slowmotion but not fastforward. That's one of the best features for playing Pokemon games
frown.gif

Oh, well, thank you for all your help guys.

P.s.
I used to live in states, now I don't anymore. Never bothered to change it tho. I live in Slovenia now, where everything is hard to get and expensive as crap -_- There is only one store I could find in whole country that sells SCDS2 and they sell it for 45€ .. I doubt I'll be buying this anytime soon. 3DS games should work here when they get them to work right? don't want to be buying another card after .. Also, can it run GBA?

EDIT:
I was reading GBAtemp review http://gbatemp.net/t232281-supercard-dstwo-review
and it shows a picture where "Fastforwarding" tick box is shown. But that isn't really fastforward and counts as FrameSkipping currect? Which, as fas as I know, can't be used to "speed up" the game?
No flashcard can fast-forward ds roms. The only way to speed up DS games is to over-clock the DS.
It does have slowdown though.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I would not place too much stock in slow motion- emulation might actually do that but "slow motion" here just means flood the CPU (which you can actually get a program to add to any game- see some versions of DSATM) which is trivial unlike any potential speedups and on some games does nothing whatsoever (others it can even crash it). Emulators of consoles tend to have to emulate the entire system clocks and so speed changes are a fairly trivial addition when you can do that (assuming your machine has the grunt to keep up).

I have toyed with some proper speed hacks* over the years (although not so much on the DS) and you do have some of the minor limit removals Rydian hinted at but I doubt it will ever be available at cart or even worthwhile cheat level (save using cheats to inject some serious assembly).

*pokemon did come into that- we looked at reducing the animations/frame count but there were more interesting things to do for the time investment (not to mention in some cases animations looked to be behaving a bit like loading screens).

The DSTwo (and iSMM/iplayer) can run GBA via emulation (they use the extra onboard hardware to pull it off). I believe my statement on the matter reads something like "you can have a lot of fun but expecting every game to work is pushing it quite a bit".
Regular cards need (and those enhanced cards can use) a GBA slot device (which lacks on the DSi and 3ds lines) but we have the likes of the EZ4 (standalone) and 3 in 1 (considered an expansion pack, sometimes cheaper) for that and those are pretty top notch and the odd game might need a patch to do stuff but you should be able to get everything running on those.

Also you mentioned the DS emulator on the PSP- did it become more than a toy/tech demo when I was not paying attention?

Oh and in case it was not clear savestates do vary between cards but even on the likes of the DSTwo (which arguably has the best) I would never rely on one blind and we still suggest you do things like pause it/get to a slow point in the game and then attempt to make a savestate or indeed try it out a few times before "relying" on one.

@Evo.lve no EZ5/EZ5i love? it has menus and savestates.

Edit: forgot to cover 3ds stuff. Nobody knows and nobody will until around the time we get proper homebrew running on it. I doubt it will be any different for any cart save perhaps the cycloDSi as most DS flash carts (or at least the DSi compatible ones) are more or less the same thing. I can see it needing a new device and I can see it being cobbled together for old devices however the part of my brain that deals with business related issues says DS flash cart development (and sales) pretty much stalled a little while back so a new round of hardware might well come regardless of what can actually be done.

Klemzo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a lot for that. I've decided I won't spend freaking 40€ on a card that works exactly the same (and as I heard at times even worse) then Acekard2i. Don't really care about save states, I'll just play as games are intended to be played. I will miss fastforward so much on Pokemon games as they run annoyingly slowly tho ...
But yeah, gPSP kai or gPSPji-signed are the ones I know the most. They pretty much have everything you need. You can alter graphics to some point, alter speed, screen types, resolution, you can zoom in, different photo effects with some addons, you can load and made cheats from inside, there are save up to 10 save states. The best of all, everything works perfectly, it never crashes or bugs or glitches and all with perfect fps.

But oh well, I'm just surprised you can't modify speed on DSi yet. Or overclock it or whatever. :/

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
The DSTwo has many many features the Acekard 2i does not have, so no they're not "exactly the same". Not at all. Not by far.

You can overclock your DS. Physically, through hardware.

I'm going to tell you again. These limitations are normal, and you've been spoiled by emulation. Emulation can do things that the original machines can't if they're run on superior hardware, and the PSP is much more powerful than the DS.

Now, since you're speaking GBA games and not DS games (you did not specify before and there's a lot of pokemon DS games), one of the GBA emulators for a special slot-1 card might have fast-forward, but the speed increase would likely be slight at best...

Not accounting that you can't play GBA games on a normal slot-1 like an acekard anyways.

You're going to need to back up to the beginning and start over, and give us ALL the details on everything you want this time so we can give you the right answers...

gbatempfan1

Trophies
XP
Country
I believe AnotherWorld likes to show screenshots of a beta that had savestate support. No mention of what the cause of the problem was but they defer to contacting acekard to implement support. So email acekard and tell them to get their act together so we can all enjoy savestates.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm doing fine, and you?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Im gonna see if I can find a ps4 to buy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @AncientBoi, happy birthday