Homebrew Save Nintendo WiFi - A project to save online servers for DS (and Wii) games

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thank you anyway it still give me an error of connection.
In a first moment my 3ds has connection working very well,but it try to connect for something like a minute and then all fail.
Before I haven't activated any code but now I delete past connection,acrivated AP fix (I think is that) form Yt Menu and still have the same message.
In a first moment I've also changed the SSID to SoftAP(like is done for Desmume) but this don't helped me.
So?
Ssid has to stay as the name of your wifi (unless you mean that you changed your wifis name to SoftAP). Do you mean YS menu or YT menu? I don't have my card with YSmenu on it now but there should be an explanation online on how to edit cheats for games. Probably x or y when highlighting the game.

gengardenne

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ssid has to stay as the name of your wifi (unless you mean that you changed your wifis name to SoftAP). Do you mean YS menu or YT menu? I don't have my card with YSmenu on it now but there should be an explanation online on how to edit cheats for games. Probably x or y when highlighting the game.
Yes I changed the SSID from both the parts.
Sorry it was YSMenu because my flashcard's firmware is outdated and some games boot only with it.
On YSMenu I simply went on BROWSE section and then I've activated the AP fix code
I think is the right code because all the other codes are from default on their respective folders

gengardenne

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've tried on the same flashcard PK HG Wfcpatched and it work perfectly :)
While for Black 2 give me a error with the program above and so I used the WfcAR patch placing the cheat.xml on the same folder of the ROM but console don't connect.

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've tried on the same flashcard PK HG Wfcpatched and it work perfectly :)
While for Black 2 give me a error with the program above and so I used the WfcAR patch placing the cheat.xml on the same folder of the ROM but console don't connect.
I'm pretty sure the cheat.xml should go in a different folder than the ROM, so try to find out where.

Edit: I did a quick google search and you have to put the cheat database file (which it seems like ysmenu uses usrcheat.dat and not cheat.xml), boot the flashcard and press y when highlighting the ROM. This should let you enable the cheat.

Last edited by Zense,

gengardenne

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm pretty sure the cheat.xml should go in a different folder than the ROM, so try to find out where.

Edit: I did a quick google search and you have to put the cheat database file (which it seems like ysmenu uses usrcheat.dat and not cheat.xml), boot the flashcard and press y when highlighting the ROM. This should let you enable the cheat.

I'll try soon :)
So I should change the type of file from xml to dat?
Anyway about the cheat on the same folder I've posted a photo below( read the last line)

EDIT: How I can have a usrcheat.dat and not a cheat.xml?Should I use a converter or simply change the file type from.xml to dat and rename cheat to usrcheat?
Wfc Replay created a XML file for me and not a DAT

Attachments

• Cattura wfc.PNG
    Cattura wfc.PNG
    12.4 KB · Views: 258
Last edited by gengardenne,

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'll try soon :)
So I should change the type of file from xml to dat?
Anyway about the cheat on the same folder I've posted a photo below( read the last line)

EDIT: How I can have a usrcheat.dat and not a cheat.xml?Should I use a converter or simply change the file type from.xml to dat and rename cheat to usrcheat?
Wfc Replay created a XML file for me and not a DAT

Yes, you need to convert it. I have the files for it on my computer so I'll give you the name of what I use to do this.

Actually, I'll just test quickly myself too though I won't be able to test ingame since I don't have a save for black 2.

About the photo you sent I musta misunderstood you, since I thought you where putting the xml file in the same folder as the Rom on your microsd card, which I don't think ysmenu supports and you'd probably have to specify that cheat.xml file for black 2 through it's name that way too if that were to work, which anyway it doesn't...

gengardenne

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yes, you need to convert it. I have the files for it on my computer so I'll give you the name of what I use to do this.

Actually, I'll just test quickly myself too though I won't be able to test ingame since I don't have a save for black 2.

About the photo you sent I musta misunderstood you, since I thought you where putting the xml file in the same folder as the Rom on your microsd card, which I don't think ysmenu supports and you'd probably have to specify that cheat.xml file for black 2 through it's name that way too if that were to work, which anyway it doesn't...

Really sorry but the code wasn't xml but a .txt file.
Infact I've only followed that guide and after created the text file I have only placed it on the same folder of ROM on the flashcard

The guide don't say other after this step and so I don't know if this is the right method or I should do something else

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Really sorry but the code wasn't xml but a .txt file.
Infact I've only followed that guide and after created the text file I have only placed it on the same folder of ROM on the flashcard

The guide don't say other after this step and so I don't know if this is the right method or I should do something else
Haha, yeah I just realised that myself actually x) I couldn't understand where you got the .xml file from... Anways, the .txt file has a list of numbers that you need to add to a usrcheat.dat file through a cheat manager. I use R4CCE since it gives you the cheats in that format. Using R4CCE can be a bit cumbersome but you'll be able to do it quickly enough, and you'll only need to do it once.

If you don't understand how to use it then just write here again.

gengardenne

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Patched my black 2 with wfcpatcher but I have 25101!
What I can do now?
Also the wfcreplay method give me an error
The game is perfect because is a dump of my original black 2

EDIT: I've tried to connect again with my NoSSL patched game with the wfc replay code disabled and this time 23502 ERROR occured.

Last edited by gengardenne,

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Reactions: k7ra

jdsteel7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for this, would be awesome to play MKDS online again, which is the the competitive Mario Kart world what Melee is to Smash.

(Thanks to snaking, which a lot of people hated)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: