Save Nintendo WiFi - A project to save online servers for DS (and Wii) games

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Toad King, Feb 28, 2014.

1. dmoeenm

Newcomer dmoeenm Member

United States

2. sonicrings

Member sonicrings GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Can you tell us what you did to get it working? If someone else has the same problem you had they'd be able to solve it without asking in this thread.

3. dmoeenm

Newcomer dmoeenm Member

United States
    Okay i deleted my Mariokart savefile so it stopped stalling and i got pokemon working too

4. dmoeenm

Newcomer dmoeenm Member

United States
    Anyone wanna play pokemon together

5. puszcza

Newcomer puszcza Member

Poland
    I`ve got NDSL with "0168 - Mario Kart DS (U)" rom on R4iSDHC Dual Core. I patched rom witch WfcReplay. Option 'Erase Nintendo WFC Configuration' is grey, I cant click on it. I tried to follow next steps, but i get wrong configuration error. Is any way to fix it and let me play Mario Karts online?

6. Darukeru

Newcomer Darukeru Advanced Member

Mexico
    Does the altwfc patcher breaks the rom compatibility with some flashcarts? I patched some games and they didn't worked on my r4 anymore :/

Unpatched rom:
    -PC emulator: Works
    -R4: Works

Patched rom:
    -PC emulator: Works
    -R4: Don't work

I have an r4i gold 3ds rts, using latest wood kernel.

Last edited by Darukeru, Jan 13, 2017
  7. Zense

Member Zense GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    Could you tell what the exact name of the Rom is? Some roms (even specific to a certain region) stop working after applying the patch, which is why I changed to using AR cheats instead. The compatibility list on altwfc's github page specifies some, like FFCC Echoes of Time.

8. Darukeru

Newcomer Darukeru Advanced Member

Mexico
    I batch patched a lot of roms, and once I moved them to the flashcart, around 10 or more games just showed a white or black screen, but those same patched roms worked on the PC (no black or white screen), I don't remember all the names, but Yugioh 2011 and Professor Layton and the Curious Village were two of them, all the roms were European, but I'm almost sure that I tried using US roms and they didn't work either, but I'm not sure I'll try again tomorrow and will list all the games that didn't work once patched.

Last edited by Darukeru, Jan 13, 2017