Hacking Save file not recognized?

Fedex14

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
This one is weird... The game doesn't recognize the save files I had (from some months ago) for those two games... I'm using CFG Loader, maybe it has something to do with the language setup? Or I don't know, thing is the save file for world tour IS there and the game created a new one, the beatles one is there too... but the game doesn't recognize it :S any ideas?

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this can happen if you changed regions of the games, or even changed their ID. either of those would cause the game to look in the wrong folder on the nand for its save.

another possible issue is that you used some broken tool to backup/restore and that tool wrote the save data with incorrect permissions. in this case, the game could be looking in the right folder, but the IOS i not allowing them to read the files due to the permission attributes.

Fedex14

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Ok so I think I know the problem with Beatles RB, last time I had used PAL but now I used NTSC, is there any way to change the ID to the PAL one? That way I think it would work. Would it bring me any problem with the songs DLC wads?

I used bootmii once to create a backup, but every other game is detected fine... I think it may be this region thing. Hadn't thought of it..

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
put your original disc back in the wii? the same disc you created the saves with will be able to use them.

Fedex14

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I can't, it was from a friend (he came by with the guitar and the game and I borrowed them for a few days). Now I got the guitar (xmas gift) but didn't get the game :S So until I bought it I played with the backup I had made of his game (which used to work on USB) but now it doesn't :S So I can't try it unless I buy the game, which I will not be able to use as the save file is PAL and the game will be NTSC... it's complicated :S (my friend isnt from america)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ