Homebrew Save Data Manager and Editor for firmware up to 9.9!

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
it works with smash but i wonder why it glitch with smash still works if you press a to back up and b to import but you have to hold the power button to turn your 3ds off to get out of sdm

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
For those of you having trouble with Smash saves, your problem is the anti savegame restore bytes. Each save has four randomly generated bytes, that the console itself remembers saving. If you try to restore a save whose value doesn't match, it will be rejected.

To get your old save back, extract a new save, and copy the bytes from 0x12-0x15 into your old save file, for both account_data.bin and system_data.bin. You will then be able to restore the saves.

If you want to avoid this problem in the first place, always make sure the saves you insert are (a potentially edited version of) the most recent one.

does it only a apply to eshop version of smash because i clicked that link and read about it and it says it does not happen if its a card version

Thanatos013

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi someone try with fantasy life and monster hunter 4 because i cant make the backup it say no cant open the save data so any help thanks

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
For those of you having trouble with Smash saves, your problem is the anti savegame restore bytes. Each save has four randomly generated bytes, that the console itself remembers saving. If you try to restore a save whose value doesn't match, it will be rejected.

To get your old save back, extract a new save, and copy the bytes from 0x12-0x15 into your old save file, for both account_data.bin and system_data.bin. You will then be able to restore the saves.

If you want to avoid this problem in the first place, always make sure the saves you insert are (a potentially edited version of) the most recent one.

Thanks for the information, just two questions:
1.- Are the antisavegame restore bytes always in the same address for all games?
2.- Is there a list of games using this antisavegame restore feature? (there are 3 titles listed in the link, but maybe that's not updated)?

ps: more precisely, do pokemon shuffle and rumble world have anti savegame restore?

We should really need a list if anyone is ever writing a new savemanager and implementing antisavegame restore

A_Random_Guy

Officially That Dev
Trophies
Website
n3dshack.weebly.com
XP
Country
Malaysia
Thanks for the information, just two questions:
1.- Are the antisavegame restore bytes always in the same address for all games?
2.- Is there a list of games using this antisavegame restore feature? (there are 3 titles listed in the link, but maybe that's not updated)?

ps: more precisely, do pokemon shuffle and rumble world have anti savegame restore?

We should really need a list if anyone is ever writing a new savemanager and implementing antisavegame restore

AFAIK Rumble do have "Secure Value" which is the same

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Great little tool, if somewhat glitchy.
Succesfully used it to transfer save data from legit Bravely Default cart to cia install of Asia81's uncensored version (also applied some powersave cheats along the way, and then restored my legit save back to the legit cart).
I'll be looking at editing Pokemon Shuffle & Rumble world stats when I get a chance.

jagerstaffel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Pokemon Rumble World save editor by SciresM works as if one used SaveDataFiler.

Someone also made a Pokemon Shuffle script to give max of everything. That one is more frightening than the Rumble World edits :O

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
The Pokemon Rumble World save editor by SciresM works as if one used SaveDataFiler.

Someone also made a Pokemon Shuffle script to give max of everything. That one is more frightening than the Rumble World edits :O

I read the instructions for the save editor, and they worked becaseu the app used to reinsert the save erased the secure value.

About rumble work, even though the script works, it edits more than it needs to, so I'd restrain from using it (it just sets some bytes to maximum value, but this is for sure messing with other game values, or at least it doesn't set to max, but to a higher value that would never appear on a legit savegame.

Justin20020

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So i think its recommend to update to iron,tube,ninjhax tto 2.1 at 2.0 u cant switch the menu for the app to choose the game. I updated to 2.1 (ninjhax) and it works for me now^^

ethanej

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any info on how to edit the saves for the 3DS remakes of Dragon Quest Monsters 1 & 2? I've searched google but all I can find is for Joker 2.

Justin20020

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ah i think i found the problem. The game wont save anything on my 3ds because im on 9.5. So, when Im on 9.9 it will be possible to save it and to modifing it. So I'll passing it for smash^^

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is it possible to find on that way the unique ID to play with an sky3ds online?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol