Homebrew SafeA9LHInstaller

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am currently lost. last time i followed Plailect guide until Part 5 arm9loaderhax & Cakes. Then i stopped because i couldn't install arm9loaderhax.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/safea9lhinstaller.419577/
The first thing i tried is this thread. i already retrieve my otp.bin and otp0x108.bin
Kindly help.
Oh wow back when the guide used Cakes. That's quite a while ago.
What FW are you currently on?

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
9.2.0-20U
Download the latest version of safeA9LHinstaller here, and copy the 3ds folder from that .7z file and place it on your SD card.
Download this .zip, and place the a9lh folder from it onto your 3ds SD card.
Take your otp.bin and place that in the a9lh folder as well.
Download the noscreeninit verison from here, then place payload_stage1.bin and payload_stage2.bin from that .7z and place it in the a9lh folder on your SD card.
So you should have a folder called a9lh in the root of your SD card with:
payload_stage1.bin
payload_stage2.bin
secret_sector.bin
firm1.bin
firm0.bin
otp.bin

You'll also want to download the homebrew stater pack here, and place those on your SD, merging folders if it asks you to.
Finally download the non-dev version of Luma3DS from here and place the arm9loaderhax.bin from it onto the root of your SD card
From there you can use any entrypoint to access Homebrew Launcher (though browserhax may cause issues, so install menuhax if that is your only option) and then run safeA9LHinstaller. Then press select when prompted to install A9LH.
From there you can reboot, and hold select to bring up the options menu for Luma. Select "Autoboot SysNAND", "Show current NAND in System Settings", and "Show GBA boot screen in patched AGB_FIRM".
Press start and you should boot into CFW sysNAND. To check you can open the System Settings and you should see "Sys" in front of your firmware version instead of "Ver".

After that I would download Hourglass9 from here, and place Hourglass9.bin from it into Luma/payloads on your SD card. Then while booting you can hold start to boot Hourglass9 to dump and restore NAND

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

correction, put the file Hourglass9.bin into payloads folder, and then rename it to start_hourglass9.bin. Then it will load when holding start while powering on.

Reactions: Bowl0l

hallowersv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Uhm , hi, when i press select to try to install the a9lh, it says: the payload_stage1.bin you are attempting to install is not compatible
Press any button to shut down

Please help !

ProfiSuchti

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well, my O3Ds XL got a Brick because this damn.....

I downloaded from someone his 3Ds Folder (Because i dont used my 3Ds with CFW alot of Months anymore, and i needed the newest Apps in my HB) and he had This safea9 in his Folder Included, BECAUSE THIS my 3Ds wont BOOT anymore. At the boot it says directly Press SELECT to update A9LH, START to uninstall
Press any other button to shutdown.

I never needed that, and my english is not perfect, i dont know what this is, i googled for it and landed here, i guess this "A9Safe" thing, bricks all Nintendo 3Ds consoles (i am sure not intention but anyway).

I mean: Who wants for FREE a Brick ? well i sell now my 3Ds in ebay for 400$. I dont care anymore, i have a Brick ;(.

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At the boot it says directly Press SELECT to update A9LH, START to uninstall
Press any other button to shutdown.
No, your 3DS isn't bricked. The arm9loaderhax.bin file on the SD card was replaced with SafeA9LHInstaller.

Copy the Luma3DS arm9loaderhax.bin file to your SD card and it should work correctly.

Reactions: ProfiSuchti

ProfiSuchti

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I could swear your solution wont work, i tried it anyway and i see it worked really ROFL.

I am sorry for my "Rage", i just wonder and i thought the guy that send me his Folders and Files, gived me his A9LHInstaller too, to brick my 3Ds XD (cuz i thought this A9 thing is for Bricking Systems).

- Thank you <3.

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SafeA9LHInstaller isn't for bricking systems. (If it was, it wouldn't be here.)

It's for installing the A9LH payload onto the system NAND. You already have A9LH installed, so it did what it was supposed to do: load arm9loaderhax.bin from the SD card. The problem is the files you copied over included an A9LH version of SafeA9LHInstaller as /arm9loaderhax.bin, which obviously overwrote whatever was there before (Luma3DS).

Reactions: ProfiSuchti

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
Reactions: KiiWii

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Only if you're a N3DS owner. We O3DS peasants will still have to go through the 2.1 downgrade after all.

Much appreciated!

I did the updated (not latest) guide on my old 3ds and it worked in about 45 mins first time. It was brilliant.

I am definitely going to do my new 3ds with the latest guide when it's compiled.

Reactions: peteruk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BigOnYa, And you too :) +1