Homebrew SafeA9LHInstaller

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh, well, everything works but this seems to include more features? or, it seems safer? I don't know? i just like the idea of "even saferer" (thanks r/3DSHacks)
I mean stage 2 just allows for screen init, but there really isn't anything like overly new that'd justify a full on reinstall imo. I'm not exactly sure what benefits Aurora's fork has over Delebile's (@Supster131 do you have a comparison between the two?), but nothing "safer" has been added [unfortunately] to a9lh.

Last edited by Just Passing By,

NinjaBoyLao2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean stage 2 just allows for screen init, but there really isn't anything like overly new that'd justify a full on reinstall imo. I'm not exactly sure what benefits Aurora's fork has over Delebile's, but nothing "safer" has been added [unfortunately] to a9lh.

K, thanks. what i needed to know :3

Reactions: Just Passing By

Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I mean if you want to spend all that time validating who knows how many possible OTPs you can, but that's a real waste of time and if you're on an O3ds, the installer can't validate the OTP for a first install, so that's already half, if not more, of the people here, so betting on the installer giving you your OTP is super inefficient if you can even do that.
And good luck bruteforcing 0x90 bytes :P
See you soon!

Nephiel

Artificer
Trophies
XP
Country
I mean stage 2 just allows for screen init, but there really isn't anything like overly new that'd justify a full on reinstall imo. I'm not exactly sure what benefits Aurora's fork has over Delebile's (@Supster131 do you have a comparison between the two?), but nothing "safer" has been added [unfortunately] to a9lh.
"Safer" refers to the fact that this installer checks a few things before installing A9LH.

The main differences of Aurora's fork over delebile's are the screen init of the "noscreeninit" branch, and that the 3DS will just turn off if no SD card (or no A9LH payload?) is detected on boot.

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Safer" refers to the fact that this installer checks a few things before installing A9LH.

The main differences of Aurora's fork over delebile's are the screen init of the "noscreeninit" branch, and that the 3DS will just turn off if no SD card (or no A9LH payload?) is detected on boot.
Oh no, by "safer" I was referring to Aurora's fork in which case, there are no safer features, not towards the installer. Sorry for the confusion. And that's the only real difference? That's what I thought, but I haven't tested it out yet :ha:. Thanks.

sion_zaphod

Ex-Galactic President; confidence trickster; etc
Trophies
XP
Country
This bricked my 2ds using then delebile fork. All files were correct (OTP.BIN payload_stage1.bin payload_stage2.bin FIRM0.bin FIRM1.bin Secret_sector.bin (from capitos fork) ). When I tried to do a full install it said that secret_sector.bin was invalid so it didn't do full install. So I just updated stage 2. (BLACK SCREEN) and yes I did put my aureinand arm9loaderhax.bin back on the sd card I even tried decrypt9 arm9loaderhax.bin(BLACK SCREEN). All was working fine until I used this on my 2ds (this is my 5th 3ds mod and I have no problem following instructions I'd have bricked them all if I was'nt careful).

Does anyone have a solution that doesn't involve using the console as a frisbie against a brick wall? Is there anyone that can perform a hardmod in UK?

Serphirot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
This bricked my 2ds using then delebile fork. All files were correct (OTP.BIN payload_stage1.bin payload_stage2.bin FIRM0.bin FIRM1.bin Secret_sector.bin (from capitos fork) ). When I tried to do a full install it said that secret_sector.bin was invalid so it didn't do full install. So I just updated stage 2. (BLACK SCREEN) and yes I did put my aureinand arm9loaderhax.bin back on the sd card I even tried decrypt9 arm9loaderhax.bin(BLACK SCREEN). All was working fine until I used this on my 2ds (this is my 5th 3ds mod and I have no problem following instructions I'd have bricked them all if I was'nt careful).

Does anyone have a solution that doesn't involve using the console as a frisbie against a brick wall? Is there anyone that can perform a hardmod in UK?
You could ask @gamesquest1 he knows how to hardmod a 3ds and he lives in the UK.

Reactions: 4gionz

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

@gamesquest1 does hardmods in uk

Reactions: Serphirot

eclipser

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everyone, This may be a stupid question but I'm stuck when installing with safea9lh installer. I'm following Plailect's guide and after pressing full install on safea9lh installer it says succes and press a button to shutdown, thing is on the guide it says it should boot sysnand but instead, it always boot instantly Safe A9LH installer, the only difference is that now also appears an option to only update stage 2 besides full install and shutdown. Thanks in advance!

Dentora

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi everyone, This may be a stupid question but I'm stuck when installing with safea9lh installer. I'm following Plailect's guide and after pressing full install on safea9lh installer it says succes and press a button to shutdown, thing is on the guide it says it should boot sysnand but instead, it always boot instantly Safe A9LH installer, the only difference is that now also appears an option to only update stage 2 besides full install and shutdown. Thanks in advance!
copy the arm9loaderhax.bin to your SD's root from depending which one you picked aureinand's or cakesfw's zip again sounds like you overwrote aureinands/cakes arm9loaderhax file with the one included with the Safe A9LH installer.

Edit: Good news if thats the case then its working as intended.

Last edited by Dentora,
Reactions: eclipser

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SnowStormAkikaze @ SnowStormAkikaze: Jennifer Lopez's new robot movie ! Atlas sound fun XD