Hacking RxTools will no longer boot. Tried every version.

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been at this for way too many hours now.

So, I had GBA games working properly as of last night running RxTools 3.0, which was the whole reason I was even attempting CFW since I have a Gateway. I chose to install them running under EmuNAND, but not in Gateway mode. After installing several of them, winding up with black squares on SysNAND, I formatted my SysNAND and tried to continue reloading everything I'd lost.

Wouldn't work, so I replaced the dbs folder with its files and reset the data, and tried again. Still wouldn't work, so I uninstalled and reinstalled the AGB_FIRM patch. I think I broke something, or deleted the wrong file.

Now, no matter what I do, even with a fresh SD card (I've tried three separate ones), with or without EmuNAND installed on them, even after formatting the EmuNAND with Gateway, and trying every build back to 2.5x, nothing will get RxTools to launch, much less install.

My SysNAND is at 4.4.0-10U. I don't have any games with a higher firmware available to me at the moment, but I do have Cubic Ninja and a Gateway card.

I also tried using Ninjhax to boot SysUpdater to update my SysNAND to 9.2x, but that just boots me back to the Homebrew Launcher every time.

Are there any methods I haven't tried yet to update my SysNAND so I can reinstall RxTools? Literally every single guide I've seen so far relies on RxTools in some form or fashion. If I can't get that to boot, would I be able to use a retail cartridge with the correct firmware update on it?

Not kidding, I've been at this for at least twelve hours total.

Last edited by CraddaPoosta,

Destron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GBA Games (injected ones) need to be installed to sysnand to work, and both nands to use in emunand. I am not sure what your problem with rxtools is, but that is why your GBA games didn't work.

Yes, you could use a retail cartridge to update your firmware.

Deleting a wrong file would most likely get you a brick.... do you have a NAND backup you can restore with Gateway?

Last edited by Destron,

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried, and it says it is invalid. I know I backed it up properly. Then my Gateway's microSD wound up corrupted and I had to format it.

This just isn't my day.

Destron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man thats no good. You should keep several copies of your NAND backup.

I would try to reformat your system again, format your SD with the SD formatter, try and get everything back to virgin machine. The try and get your CFW up and running before doing anything else.

Baring that I would get a sky3ds and throw a cubic ninja rom on there and use that for you CFW.

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I own Cubic Ninja. Is there a way I can get CFW so I can install CIAs without signature checks with that?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Even when I format it, two boxes briefly appear, which I am certain are DevMenu and the Homebrew Launcher that I had installed in Pasta Mode.

I think that's how I deleted some kind of essential file preventing me from reinstalling RxTools properly. No matter what I've tried, I cannot install CIA files on SysNAND, and that's basically required for the SysUpdater to work semi-properly.

I have the update for 9.2.0-20U, the most recent RxTools nightlies and stable builds, newest Gateway launcher, and four different microSD cards that I've tried. The 2GB one has never had EmuNAND installed on it, and it still refuses to launch RxTools.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Let me finish do the harder drugs