Hacking RxTools 3.0 will have emuNAND 9.5+ support on n3DS

TVL

#|
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Doesn't matter, a decent SD can transfer up to real 40 MBs in pc nowadays. Thats about 9 times faster.

It does matter because getting speeds like that would make it bearable. But reality is transfer speeds are terrible (~700 kb/s) so it's no good for anything but small files.

OnTopic: Will be awesome with 9.5+ emunand, hope they'll release 3.0 this month.

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
It does matter because getting speeds like that would make it bearable. But reality is transfer speeds are terrible (~700 kb/s) so it's no good for anything but small files.

OnTopic: Will be awesome with 9.5+ emunand, hope they'll release 3.0 this month.

What does matter is to remove the safety blocking pins on the screws in the n3ds backplate for getting the microSD easily, or getting one of those sd bay extensors to make a nice backplate mod. Not the app or the ftp render bearable speeds as you say, so there's no use for them. I don't like waiting more time for a cia to copy than to install it (and the install process is already pretty slow even on n3ds, but there's nothing we can do about it unless you want a gateway card).

What we can try to get would be actually useful is an unmount SD homebrew for getting the card without powering off the system (like d0k3 has on Decrypt9). I understand this is impossible in emunand, but yeah.

Last edited by Urbanshadow,

TVL

#|
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
What does matter is to remove the safety blocking pins on the screws in the n3ds backplate for getting the microSD easily, or getting one of those sd bay extensors to make a nice backplate mod. Not the app or the ftp render bearable speeds as you say, so there's no use for them. I don't like waiting more time for a cia to copy than to install it (and the install process is already pretty slow even on n3ds, but there's nothing we can do about it unless you want a gateway card).

If the transfer speeds were what that other person was claiming then it would have mattered, that's what I was saying. I don't think we disagree on anything, I've already removed the screws on my backplate, but if transfer speeds were okay I wouldn't remove them if I ever bought a new backplate.

Reactions: Urbanshadow

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Well i leave my N3DS XL backplate unscrewed and have a hard transparant shell over the back :) easy to remove and to prevent the batt. from comming lose, i have some white softfoam tape on the inside of the transparant shell on the battery place :)

It's not permanent, but easy to use in the hecktic 3DS days past and maybe comming. till my N3DS XL is setup like i would i keep it that way :D

Reactions: MrJason005

perkel

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Frankly speaking i don't know what you need to do to make 3DS loose its backplate when it is unscrewed. I constantly take my 3ds with me and it never happened as long as i have 3ds.

Can't wait for emuNAND 9.6+ on my N3DS

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Frankly speaking i don't know what you need to do to make 3DS loose its backplate when it is unscrewed. I constantly take my 3ds with me and it never happened as long as i have 3ds.

Can't wait for emuNAND 9.6+ on my N3DS
3DS, no need to, only N3DS(XL) to access the MicroSD

Blazingflare

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't you think your exaggerating a tad bro with that 4-6 MBs. Max is probably 1 MBs with SD app, and 200 kbs with FTP. Either way using your PC for larger files is your best bet.
But I'm not exaggerating... When I'm transferring large files like CIAs, they transfer at 4-5 MB/s. When I'm transferring two at once, they each get 2-3 MB/s.
The only time I get 1MB/s is when I'm either doing transfers using my schools internet or transferring a bunch of small files.

D

Deleted-19228

Pics of people showing 10.3 on a n3ds are completely pointless since you can spoof the firmware version on there.

perkel

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Pics of people showing 10.3 on a n3ds are completely pointless since you can spoof the firmware version on there.

Those are not random people.
If those people were random people no one would believe that.

That is the difference.

DKB

NO
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's good that 10.3 or later emunands are coming, but why are people refusing to believe it? It is so bad for you guys? Jesus.

Stop acting like Nintendo.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
The link to their twitter was added to the readme file for the official github source of rxTools. Check for yourselves:

https://github.com/roxas75/rxTools/commit/e6d282c9ddd2ffd91c9a5da91843c1fdbf110e82

If that ain't enough to convince you, nothing will. N3DS OTP has been dumped. The people that matter have the keys. It's going to happen one way or another. If rxTools doesn't get it in time another CFW will soon have it. Hell even Gateway is probably going to have this soon. Just wait! Patience young padawans! :D

Last edited by Apache Thunder,

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cant even get to 9.5 on N3dsXL 9.2. Running sysupdater and installing the cias in rxmode emunand bricks emunand. Im definitely using the right cias because, i wont say where, but im using the cias from the same mega package as my 9.2 cias i used to downgrade.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...