Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
-Walks in to thread
-sees comment about vomiting.
:wtf:

This shit should be EOF'd, those other frontpage rumors were at least not obviously fake and contradicting.
Anonymous developers? Come on, my ass is a more reliable source than that.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
they are not in the main page right now...

IMO the main page should be for the news chosen by the admins - as the name says "All News"
Negative news for something you believe to be superior = bad? Hell lets all just move into Nintendo/Sony/Microsoft Wonderland and live happily ever after.

If nothing else, this just proves that not everyone is happy with the specs Nintendo has put in the WiiU. It could just as well mean that the specs aren't bad, but it could just as well mean that it's not what the devs in question expected. I just skipped the 7 pages of replies since I can pretty much imagine what the posts are all about.

ForteGospel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they are not in the main page right now...

IMO the main page should be for the news chosen by the admins - as the name says "All News"
Negative news for something you believe to be superior = bad? Hell lets all just move into Nintendo/Sony/Microsoft Wonderland and live happily ever after.

If nothing else, this just proves that not everyone is happy with the specs Nintendo has put in the WiiU. It could just as well mean that the specs aren't bad, but it could just as well mean that it's not what the devs in question expected. I just skipped the 7 pages of replies since I can pretty much imagine what the posts are all about.
man they are not even news...

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who cares, the Wii was way less powerful then either the PS3 or the 360 yet still managed to sell a crap load of systems and software. At the end of the day these companies, thats all they really care about.

If you enjoyed the Wii in spite of its lack of power in the face of the competition, take heart you where not alone, in fact you where in the majority... It gives me some hope that perhaps people do value a good time over graphics. I mean great graphics are a good thing, but if its not fun the prettiest game on the planet is still going to bomb. As with most things in life, balance is key. Nintendo seems to have a fairly firm grasp of what it can sell at what price and what the general consumer wants out of its products.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Problem is while the Wii it bought a lot of gamers in, it lost a lot of gamers too...gamers who actually by games. Nintendo does well with its big franchises but I'm pretty sure that they would love to have those gamers back to help with sales of Last Story & Xenoblade Chronicles.

It burned a lot of developers & publishers as well, which I guess is why we mostly have ports and multiplattform releases. Sure gameplay is more important than graphics but the graphics help bring more titles to it and what would you rather have, a ok looking game with great gameplay or a great looking game with great gameplay?

It all adds to the experience. Quite frankly I'd love to see Nintendo with something high end, imagine how much more amazing their games can be. Regardless I'm still getting a Wii U just for what Nintendo has for it.

Erdnaxela

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Why people can't just enjoy video games?
Some years ago (before Xbox360 actually) nobody cared about those "it's X times powerful than Y, OMG".
I enjoyed my playing with my PS3/PC/Wii and will enjoy playing with a Wii U, that's all I care.
But reading reactions to this type of news(like the "on par" of last week) is funny, and i'm not talking only about gbatemp.

Myself, I never trusted rumor of randoms anonymous devs, E3 is close enough now.

boombox

Trophies
XP
Country
I'd rather see what E3 brings too.
I'm not particularly excited about it anyway..unless it had zelda on launch day..but it's Nintendo we're talking about here pfffft.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PS2: Despite popular belief, the Gamecube was more powerful than the PS2 and by some accounts matched the original XBOX. Why people believe otherwise is beyond me. Just have a look at RE4 in both consoles...

Yep, It had the works; S3TC texture compression, transform and lighting, Trilinear mip-mapping, bump mapping, environment/mirror mapping, z-buffer, Anisotropic filtering, 20 million fully-lit polygons (Factor 5 reached insane poly counts in Rogue Squadron 2). It was on par with Xbox in many aspects, the only major weak point was its smaller 1.4GB games. Had they been full sized DVDs, it would have done better. Granted, the Gamecube was far from being Nintendo's worst-selling console (*cough* Virtual Boy *cough*). Indeed, it was a very powerful console at the time. More about the hardware can be found here: http://web.archive.org/web/20080222190252/http://www.segatech.com/gamecube/overview/index.html The very notion that the Wii U is being labeled as "weaker than the current generation" by so-called developers is retarded and will be disproved at E3.

gDan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Why people can't just enjoy video games?
Some years ago (before Xbox360 actually) nobody cared about those "it's X times powerful than Y, OMG".
I enjoyed my playing with my PS3/PC/Wii and will enjoy playing with a Wii U, that's all I care.
But reading reactions to this type of news(like the "on par" of last week) is funny, and i'm not talking only about gbatemp.

Myself, I never trusted rumor of randoms anonymous devs, E3 is close enough now.

Well, that's just not true. Nintendo themselves were all about Power back in the NES times (you know: Nintendo Power, Power Glove, "Now Play with Power"...) and I remember that vehement arguments about the specs of Sega and Nintendo consoles were all the rage before Sony. The N64 was all about its "power" (64 BITS!!! That's two times Playstation's mere 32 bits!!!) too.

That said, I perfectly agree that rumors are stupid in general, in particular when anonymous and not backed by any proof whatsoever. Let's wait E3 and subsequent hand-ons.

some1ne

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, I actually think this is bullshit. 2 anonymous developers said it's less powerful, while a lot of other known developers stated that it actually IS more powerful than the current gen. If it's not, I wouldn't mind anyway, those Zelda graphics are sexy :P
the_box_of_f____by_strongbrush1-d4id3ua.png

no f given.jpg

PrestonThomas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Even if this is true is it really a bad thing I mean lets look at it this way ok.

When the PSP came out you had the GBA and then the DS and both was not as powerful than the PSP but they both beat the PSP because of the quality of the games.

The Wii is the same it has a very high content of quality if people really wanted to play it and its beaten both PS3 and 360 in what it wanted to do.

I cant see this being any different with the Wii U apart from M$ and Sony trying to copy the tablet design if this works and it sells well. I mean they already had to motion sensoring for the consoles because the Wii was kicking their asses in that market and still is.

Power is not everything its all down to quality of games. Plus I like what Nintendo are doing and thats trying to be different and I also like the games that comes out on a Nintendo machine as most of them are colourful and fun to play.

some1ne

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Even if this is true is it really a bad thing I mean lets look at it this way ok.

When the PSP came out you had the GBA and then the DS and both was not as powerful than the PSP but they both beat the PSP because of the quality of the games.

The Wii is the same it has a very high content of quality if people really wanted to play it and its beaten both PS3 and 360 in what it wanted to do.

I cant see this being any different with the Wii U apart from M$ and Sony trying to copy the tablet design if this works and it sells well. I mean they already had to motion sensoring for the consoles because the Wii was kicking their asses in that market and still is.

Power is not everything its all down to quality of games. Plus I like what Nintendo are doing and thats trying to be different and I also like the games that comes out on a Nintendo machine as most of them are colourful and fun to play.
Yes, Nintendo actually influences the gaming market in some way or another.
Yes, the Wii actually sold more than PS3 and the Xbox 360 and has some GREAT, I mean fuck*n GREAT games on the Wii, but those are the first party titles and some exclusives. You can play a multiplatform game with better "graphics and features" on the PS360. If you have to choose on which console to play it, WHY would somebody choose the Wii (for any other reason than the motion control)? The biggest flaw of the Wii is the lack of third party support, and I can see that Nintendo is changing it with the Wii U.
And yes, I remember reading somewhere that M$ and Sony actually patented some kind of "tablet controlling" device or a similar way to do that. (PS3 and Vita).

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

TBH I say the PSP is better than the DS but that's just my opinion. The PSP was an excellent handheld and if it wasn't better than the DS than it was at least just as good. Some really quality games and it really meshed together console quality games with handheld experiences.

BUT I DIGRESS.

Reactions: 1 person

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It depends on what you like, I was not really that into Sony games. There was some good titles but I can't say I regret selling my PSP while I've had my DS since launch.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It depends on what you like, I was not really that into Sony games. There was some good titles but I can't say I regret selling my PSP while I've had my DS since launch.

Definitely, both handhelds were excellent though and I don't think I'd call anyone out for saying they liked their DS more than their PSP or visa versa. I will call bullshit on anyone who thinks the PSP was a horrible handheld though.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-