False rumour! 3DS Successor Coming Out Later After Switch (Nintendo Q&A IR)

FrozenDragon150

Notorious Coffee Drinker
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
OMG no.

Hopefully it's fake, like seriously. Haven't they learned that they can't divide their development teams like that anymore? Wtf Nintendo.

Focusing on the NS only (...and mobile) is pretty much the best plan they can perform ATM. (Besides going third-party, that is)

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
here we go again...
cb71cbeb5aadd17878280e91fd46a74e1a0f68db6f2222c539435a20b742e0fa.jpg

D

Deleted User

A 5 or even 4 inch switch should be cool, portable and affordable. Like a switch mini or something. It sounds great- if it will happen I will buy it definetly... even if they drop the tv support- that may reduce costs- it may be a good for young age, with pocket- sized HD next-gen console... maybe Im daydreaming but it sounds cool...

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What if the next handheld has the Dual screens but has the same specs as the Switch in portable mode (underclocked not docked). Thus plays the same games

ric.

Drivin' to meme country
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
It's probably a backup plan. If the Switch fails I can see them revealing a succesor to the 3DS - perhaps running the same SwitchOS and using the same carts. If the Switch succeeds, they'll instead release an improved version with better battery life (maybe smaller too? Who knows.)

It's the same thing they did with the DS - they said they weren't going to replace the Gameboy line with it. When the DS blew up in popularity, they dropped the Gameboy line like a hot potato.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I feel sorry for people who just bought the new 3ds if this is true

i am already sorry about the O3ds purchase and after a little the N3ds got annouced...

A 3DS successor have sense because i cant imagine Pokemon main games with only a screen.

how so? the bottom screen is barely used for actual play... in the 4th gen games the bottom screen was just the watch "gadget"
the 4.2 gen (hg,ss) actually made something using the bottom screen to quickly launch menus..
5 gen and 6 communications thingy
in battles it's confortable to use the touchscreen but nothing good mapped buttons can't do...

Strange, I would still be very content if they just merged their console and handheld divisions, since their consoles aren't getting them very far at this point. Handhelds have always been their strong point, but even in that area, they will end up losing out to mobile eventually, and then what? If their consoles fail, they can't just keep using handheld as a crutch. They're going to have to merge those departments eventually, or just go Sega.

i was really hopping there would be a smaller version of the switch, kinda like we love our portableness of thesmartphones but also find enjoyable a big tablet screen..
there are people who would rather have a normal size 3ds and others who like the xl version... IMHO switch is too big to be enjoyable outside of the house....

What's wrong with the N3DS that it needs an upgrade? It's a great console. How could they possibly update it further?

better hingues (get rid of theshaking top part please, it distracts specially on motion games), more battery, not 5+ year old specs, less heavy. improved shoulder buttons. analog sticks like the vita (that N3ds right stick needs a true stick)
no shitty resolution, led\amoled maybe

Last edited by migles,

ivoyko

Trophies
XP
Country
i am already sorry about the O3ds purchase and after a little the N3ds got annouced...

how so? the bottom screen is barely used for actual play... in the 4th gen games the bottom screen was just the watch "gadget"
the 4.2 gen (hg,ss) actually made something using the bottom screen to quickly launch menus..
5 gen and 6 communications thingy
in battles it's confortable to use the touchscreen but nothing good mapped buttons can't do...

i was really hopping there would be a smaller version of the switch, kinda like we love our portableness of thesmartphones but also find enjoyable a big tablet screen..
there are people who would rather have a normal size 3ds and others who like the xl version... IMHO switch is too big to be enjoyable outside of the house....

better hingues (get rid of theshaking top part please, it distracts specially on motion games), more battery, not 5+ year old specs, less heavy. improved shoulder buttons. analog sticks like the vita (that N3ds right stick needs a true stick)
no shitty resolution, led\amoled maybe

communications thingy its a cool feature than would sucks if they use the same screen than main game.

Reactions: migles

Vamosi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switch may have a battery life of 3 hours? If so they can keep it. One thing i hate most of all is crap battery life.

kingsora831

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this is the case, then the whole "consolidating their first party teams into one system" is BS.
Eventually when 3rd party support dries up, the switch is gonna be just as dead as the wii u currently is.

So much for having the next handheld pokemon adaptation be on the switch.

Last edited by kingsora831,

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
They're just bullshitting investors/customers like they did when they released the DS: "The GBA won't go away, the DS is the third pillar!"

Or when they announced the NX: "We'll still support WiiU!".

Yeah, sure, Nintendo. We all know they say stuff like that just to not create a mass panic.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since their home console is now also a mobile device...how in the world would they distinguish between the two?

Unless it plays the same games, just in a more mobile friendly form. After a few years, when the tech being cheaper...so not a new console so much as a "Switch Go". or "NEW Switch" lol. that seems....slightly more reasonable, but even then.

Last edited by osaka35,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me...