(Rumor) xbox game pass and X-cloud coming to Nintendo Switch

kingtut

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Take this with a massive grain of salt, but if a series of rumors are to be believed. It appears that Xbox is planning some sort of deal with Nintendo where they bring game pass to the switch in the form of streaming via project X-cloud. For people who don't know, project X-cloud is a new streaming service coming from Microsoft that will allow gamers to play any xbox one game (like red dead redemption 2 which was mentioned in the reveal) on any device including smartphones. Microsoft claims that they have solved the issue of streaming lag and that their service will provide amazing gameplay with seemless lag.

This rumor is coming via Direct Feed and Game Informer. I am not familiar of Direct Feed but apparently their track record is good so far when it comes to Nintendo leaks.

In terms of what games are leaked so far, Ori and the blind forest seems to be the biggest predictions. I have also heard reports of cuphead, and super lucky tale coming to the switch using this partnership. This also hints on the ability of playing AAA third party games on the switch that normally can't run like Final Fantasy XV, Kingdom Hearts 3, Monster Hunter World, etc. This also opens the implication of whether Nintendo will give Microsoft something in exchange like virtual console games on xbox one.

According to the rumors, this will be announced later this year. So if this is true, I would suspect to hear about it very soon. I also suspect that this is what Nintendo was teasing by "premium subscription service for gaming enthusiasts who want to pay more"

My opinion:

As a fan of all three platforms, I think this is a win-win scenario. Nintendo fans can benefit from playing major AAA games on the go which would be awesome. Xbox would benefit from all the sales of the service, as well as potentially increasing their presence in Japan. I wouldn't be surprised to see more big Japanese titles come to game pass if the service succeeds in Japan. I also think that xbox one will still be relevant after this since PC and xbox one will still be the only platforms to play game pass natively without needing a network. And who knows what xbox might get from Nintendo in exchange.

Hopefully we will see more partnerships too like Nintendo and Microsoft co developing old rare ips. This way we can get a new Banjo Kazooie, a new conker, etc.

What do you think?

Sources:

1. https://www.ibtimes.com/new-rumor-suggests-xbox-game-pass-coming-nintendo-switch-2767301
2. http://gamasutra.com/view/news/337300/Report_Xbox_Game_Pass_headed_to_the_Nintendo_Switch.php

Last edited by kingtut,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol