[Rumor] WiikeÜ ?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Just to add to it, I'm going to take a shot and ballpark the modchip to be between 65 and 90 dollars when it's released
2 games > $100, so $100 < all games.
I have the strangest feeling that it will be in the $150 - $200 range (original wode price (?)) Cause it seems it will be fancy with its "Stylish USB remote with powered USB hub and charger function".
Competition brings prices down. One enters at $95, then a copy slightly different is $80, do first device maybe revises and must lower price, enter 3rd, 4th, etc. Going by history on other scenes here, like 360. Glanced over the rest.
Cost wise I could easily see it being 150$ being the first one out. Then maybe drop to 100-125.
Anyone else want to place any bets? :P

Glad that Ü is common in german.
Weird choice non the less.
I'm guessing it's an attempt to combine the U and the ii (Actually reminds me of a chinese rippoff brand for 3rd party wii accessories. They have the two I's in Wii joined up at the bottom so it looks like WÜ)
hbvcd4l.jpg
Looking at your sig now and remembering you had mentioned helping test this thing, I think I would have been too paranoid to also put your Nintendo Network ID in your sig. That's just me, though.

Reactions: djbubba2002

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone else want to place any bets? :P

I'm guessing it's an attempt to combine the U and the ii (Actually reminds me of a chinese rippoff brand for 3rd party wii accessories. They have the two I's in Wii joined up at the bottom so it looks like WÜ)Looking at your sig now and remembering you had mentioned helping test this thing, I think I would have been too paranoid to also put your Nintendo Network ID in your sig. That's just me, though.
$100 minimum.

hhs

You will not like the outcome of this encounter
Trophies
XP
Country
Whether or when I buy this thing (and the WiiU) depends on the
  • timing of its launch. (will it be after or before the system decides to add video games to its features)
  • the price (less of an issue than my confidence in the thing.)
  • The installation process (something I can do quickly and with valuable video guides.)
  • Functionality/longevity (hard to gauge but most important. May have me turning away like it did with PS3's disc generations.)
  • Expert reviews.
I will not be buying a WiiU unless I'm buying the chip. A system without the chip is worth less to me than having no system.

SnAQ

Trophies
XP
Country
Nopes, I haven't seen any news on it lately. Also why bump an old topic? If there's news on this it would get posted you know. ;) Try to show your patience and you'll get rewarded for waiting! ;D
Would it be better to start a new topic instead of writing in this one?
What are you, afraid that gbatemp's servers will run out of hdd space?

Reactions: Obveron

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Would it be better to start a new topic instead of writing in this one?
What are you, afraid that gbatemp's servers will run out of hdd space?

Yes a new topic would be better in de Wii U HACKING SECTION. Or at least he could have done some research by himself before posting?

Gameplayer9198

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2013-07-15: Wiikey U update
Its been a while and we have been hard at work at the Wiikey U hardware. WiiU encrypts the data sent from the drive with AES-CBC-128. We have now fully integrated an AES core into the FPGA and it is operating at the same speed as the drive. We've had a setback with another component though, and we are now testing alternatives. Hopefully we will have another update in a few more weeks.

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2013-07-15: Wiikey U update
Its been a while and we have been hard at work at the Wiikey U hardware. WiiU encrypts the data sent from the drive with AES-CBC-128. We have now fully integrated an AES core into the FPGA and it is operating at the same speed as the drive. We've had a setback with another component though, and we are now testing alternatives. Hopefully we will have another update in a few more weeks.
Thanks for the info.

Seems its gonna be at least a couple of months until this is released.

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did not check another site for a while, but there was a lot of detail. Last I heard, 3Key was a priority and then Ukey. It has been quiet though...off to that thread on that other site.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So confirmed fake then?

I don't remember it ever being confirmed fake, the team behind the project is no "Crown3DS", they release hardware for other systems and I don't think they'd risk their reputation with a prank like this. I'd sooner wager that there isn't that much of a market for a Wii U backup loader at this point in time hence it's not exactly a first priority project.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1