[RUMOR] Nintendo asking for 4K Game Development + New Independent Joycons

D

Deleted User

Then, you're saying that the thing that sells XBOX and PlayStations is NOT because they're able to output a 4K resolution... but for their gr8 gallery of games?

At this point, in my humble opinion, Nintendo is wasting their time if they don't decide to jump ahead of the game.
This seems a plausible and logic step forward for Nintendo.
kinda, while there is overlap, xbox and ps target a slightly different demograpgic, it's unlikely a dudebro would purchase anything nintendo, similarly, most parents feel more comfortable getting their children a nintendo console, though i'll agree nintendo's strategy of locking their games behind inferior hardware is scummy

ChaosEternal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
though i'll agree nintendo's strategy of locking their games behind inferior hardware is scummy
So does Sony, lol. The only one of the big 3 who doesn't is Microsoft and we can all see how that went in terms of console sales. It's shitty, but it moves units. At least for Nintendo it makes some sense since they would have to majorly retool their games if they wanted to truly take advantage of stronger hardware, unlike PS4 games on Xbox or PC.

Last edited by ChaosEternal,
D

Deleted User

So does Sony, lol. The only one of the big 3 who doesn't is Microsoft and we can all see how that went in terms of console sales. It's shitty, but it moves units. At least for Nintendo it makes some sense since they would have to majorly retool their games if they wanted to truly take advantage of stronger hardware, unlike PS4 games on Xbox or PC.
yeah, but it doesnt work so great, there is a reason they are porting more to pc, i know a lot more people who have a "switch+pc" combo than i do of "ps4+pc" combo

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, as long as you can "switch" the games in between them, I don't mind if it is a traditional console and handheld. That's including the game carts. Kind of the same concept, except you would need two consoles to do the switch.

As for 4K, people are speculating Nvidia's DLSS AI Upscaling.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Back when I was playing kakarot I looked up one little guide now all I see is dbz stuff