[Rumor] Monster Hunter Tri G to be localized

D

Deleted-188346

Pretty much this. I keep hopping on these MH articles, hoping Capcom would add unlock-able special skills, abilities or attacks for defeating monsters. Anything to add some excitement to the game. Even a proper story would save the game for me.
Actually, in a way, you do get unlockable skills for defeating monsters.
When you have become skilled at killing a particular monster, you'll be able to break parts on the monster, which in turn gives you rarer monster-specific loot.
The loot can be used to make unique armor and weapons, which in turn grants you special abilities, proficiencies and (sometimes) new weaknesses.

The sense of excitement comes from evading the (sometimes very cinematic) attacks of enemies, defeating highly difficult monsters, and creating unique equipment.

The game doesn't require extra attacks or combos, as you are supposed to master the moves available, which is quite difficult. The weapons are mainly based on timing and choosing the correct situation for certain actions, not remembering combos. Infact, the monsters wouldn't even give you a window to execute lengthy combos.

I find that the sleepy storylines of the Monster Hunter franchise doesn't really do the gameplay any justice at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/NchZ-mHqTb0?si=GSpRRrJ-yLRxQ39E