ROM Hack Ruby Sapphire Emerald Batteries Changed what now?

Robika

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
In this post I explain how to restart the Real Time Clock (RTC) in Pokémon Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald after you changed the battery in the cartridge.

I found the solution here and I will create a tutorial for everybody to follow and as a way to archive the method.

What you need
Hardware:
  • Nintendo DS/DS Lite (for the GBA Slot)
  • NDS Flash Card + SD card (R4, Supercard DSTwo, TTDS...etc.)
  • USB or built in SD Card Reader (to transfer extracted saves to PC)
  • PC USB port and Windows OS
Software:
  • GBA Backup Tool for DS(get here)
  • PKHex (get here)
So once you have swapped out the battery in you Pokémon R/S/E your work is far from done. Since the real time clock was stuck now it would have to catch up to today from the day the original battery ran dry. This would take 10 years or so. There might be other methods to extract saves but this is the one I know.

Step 1: Save Extraction

1. Install GBA Backup tool by copying the the files from the RAR to your flash carts SD card.

2. Put the SD card in the flash cart

3. Insert both the flash cart and the GBA game into your NDS/NDSL and Turn it on

4. Run GBA backup tool from the menu of your flash cart

5. Press A to accept target (now you have to look at the filename displayed, if it is incomplete that means a faulty read of the GBA game)

6. Press B and Confirm to create a backup of your save data

7. Let it finish and press Start to shut down the DS adn take out the SD card from your Flash Card
Step 2: Modding the save file
  1. Insert the SD in to the Pc using a USB reader

2. Open up PKHex and on File click on open and finds your save file

3. If it opens without errors proceed if it gives you an error you must extract the file again see step 1 again
  4. Click on the SAV tab
  5. Click on Event flag button and a lots of options will come up
  6. Find Reset RTC Enable and tick the box
  7. No click on the Event Constants tab and find "Reset RTC" set it to Enabled
  8. Click "Save" and click file->export SAV and select the same folder where the original save was (Keep the original intact in case something goes wrong)
  9. You can now close PKHex and put the SD card back in the Flash cart

Step 3: Injecting the save

1. Launch GBA Backup Tool on your DS once it loads press "L" so it changes to Inject mode

2. Press "A" and confirm wait until it finishes

3. Press start to shut down the DS
Step 4: Resetting the clock in-game
  1. Start up the game in a GBA or DS and on the title screen press L+B+Left+Select

2. A screen will come up and ask you to reset the RTC

3. set the values and confirm, the game will save and restart

4. you are set now the game should work fine and time related event will happen.
I hope this tutorial helps since no one had this in detail I decided to write it down.

Last edited by Robika,

mondongoscripter

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I did all the steps but when i press L + B + Left it redirects me to the berry glitch solution screen for ruby and sapphire, not to the select hour screen.

morwig

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did all the steps but when i press L + B + Left it redirects me to the berry glitch solution screen for ruby and sapphire, not to the select hour screen.
Did you ever find a solution? Because I keep getting the same screen too
Post automatically merged:

Did you ever find a solution? I get the same screen and not a reset clock screen too.

LoverInTheRain

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Did you ever find a solution? Because I keep getting the same screen too
Post automatically merged:

Did you ever find a solution? I get the same screen and not a reset clock screen too.
Try the mentioned above "Left+B+Select" or from OP message "L+B+Left+Select".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work