Hacking RToolDS ROM Manager

ulao

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thx guys!!

QUOTE said:
Trimming is only really useful for using ROMs with flashcarts because of limited ROM storage.
well we all have limitations... regardless of media. Will it work with emulators and reduce rom size?

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ulao said:
thx guys!!

QUOTE said:
Trimming is only really useful for using ROMs with flashcarts because of limited ROM storage.
well we all have limitations... regardless of media. Will it work with emulators and reduce rom size?

I'm not very familiar with NDS emu's, but trimmed ROMs probably work in an emulator, just don't trim DSi-Enhanced roms. I don't believe they trim the same way as regular NDS/NDS+Wi-Fi roms. Give it a test. NDSTokyoTrim is probably the most popular windows NDS rom trimmer.
If you only have one copy of all your roms I think it'd be better to leave them untrimmed but only if they are in archives, because archive compression gives you about the same savings as trimming the uncompressed ROM.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone used RToolDS with AKAIO for the Acekard? If I set the "Linker Type" to AKAIO it uses the old ".nds.sav" format for save files. Is there a setting that will allow RToolDS to backup saves with AKAIO as ".sav" files? What are the ramifications for choosing a different linker type, and which one should I choose?

-Bri

pbgbottle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
reading the last two posts i think this is what i came to ask about ,i have some roms that show up with a U in fornt. all they lsit them as is for the US. but no pic and no icon. are these roms not clean .most show up as untrimmed also . is there any way to fix this . my first rom doing this is
U001- 1051- shrek the third (U) then
U002- 1610- dragon quest

any fix for this cheers

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Werid went to put my ps5 ssd into my pcs m.2 bay and no detection