I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
If you can't use the donation link because you don't have a web browser, you can just paypal my email address (henry [-at]- hankchill [-dot-] com), be sure to include your Key Code from the Registration Settings so I can email you back a serial number.

FrankSinatra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, talk about quick fixes/additions! I feel like I'm wasting space in the thread saying this, but again thank you so much for all you do for us; its truly appreciated, and I can't image managing my games without Rominator.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
FrankSinatra said:
Wow, talk about quick fixes/additions! I feel like I'm wasting space in the thread saying this, but again thank you so much for all you do for us; its truly appreciated, and I can't image managing my games without Rominator.

Believe me, it's no wasted space when I get positive feedback. I always appreciate the good words people have to say about my work, but really I did this for you guys
smile.gif
What originally turned out to be a 'How much do you love GBAtemp?' competition entry almost a year and a half ago, has turned into a full blown organizational suite for DS Gaming, and is still going strong. I'm just glad I was able to get the time I could to create Rominator 2008.

I'll be out for dinner tonight so I probably won't have the database update done until after then. Oh, and in case anyone was wondering, I'm not supporting the database or updates for the older version, so if you want any updates, you'll have to get Rominator 2008
smile.gif

Tikker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm hoping I'm doing something just horribly wrong, but I can't get it to bring any games in at all

local, or off a networked drive

(previous versions I could do local np)

I'm attempting to drag the nds files to the big pane on the right side (tried the one on the left as well)

and nothing

any ideas, or anything specific I can grab to help troubleshoot this?

GuardianHX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Love the new Rominator!

I'd love to donate, but I have no paypal or anything such as that. :/
Which sucks. (No extras for me. XD)

Anyways, nice job on the new Rominator, hankchill! Keep up the awesome work! >w

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
GuardianHX said:
Love the new Rominator!

I'd love to donate, but I have no paypal or anything such as that. :/
Which sucks. (No extras for me. XD)

Anyways, nice job on the new Rominator, hankchill! Keep up the awesome work! >w

GuardianHX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, but I also don't do that kind of thing on the internet with only one exception so far. (Buying my flashcart since it was my only option to get one.)

I'm not saying it's not important to donate, as I would like to, it's just that it's not my thing to use cash on the net.

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Tikker said:
I'm hoping I'm doing something just horribly wrong, but I can't get it to bring any games in at all

local, or off a networked drive

(previous versions I could do local np)

I'm attempting to drag the nds files to the big pane on the right side (tried the one on the left as well)

and nothing

any ideas, or anything specific I can grab to help troubleshoot this?

Are you sure they are valid .nds, .rz or .zip files? If yes, are you sure the extension is in the filename?
Does Rominator say "0 Games Added - 1 Not Added" in the status bar when trying to import?

Tikker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
they are all valid roms

I've played all of them before, and I can import them all into any of the other rom managers, or just drag and drop them onto my microSD card, np

Rominator never tries to import them at all

when I drag a rom over onto it, it gives me the crossed out circle, like I'm trying to drag the wrong kind of file

rominator.JPG

FrankSinatra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tikker said:

Have you created a game list, and have it selected on the left panel? Unlike the previous version that had a central Library, 2008 doesn't have one; instead, you can have multiple separate lists, each pointing to a different folder. I just have a single folder/list named it Library, so it basically acts the same as before. Anyway, if you do have a list created, is it selected on the left? If not, it won't know which list to put the games in and ignore them.

Sorry if you already knew this and it wasn't the problem, but I thought I'd go over it just in case it was helpful.

*edit* Looking at your screenshot, you don't have a game list; click the + button on the top left to create one.

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Tikker said:
they are all valid roms

I've played all of them before, and I can import them all into any of the other rom managers, or just drag and drop them onto my microSD card, np

Rominator never tries to import them at all

when I drag a rom over onto it, it gives me the crossed out circle, like I'm trying to drag the wrong kind of file

rominator.JPG

Weird... I renamed my rom to exactly the one like the one in that pic and it imports fine... I'll try to get hank to look at this thread but he's away...

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Concerning the key code.

How is it stored? Lets say I backup the folder and format my computer, or put it on a flash drive. Will my serial still work?

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sphere9 said:
i keep having this problem;

my brain training doesn't want to follow the normal numbers...

2cz7kwl.jpg

Try resorting the list by clicking the "Num" text on the column, I believe the last game you added to your list was Brain Training.

If you sort a list, you must resort it after adding more Roms.

sfunk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm having a similar problem like sphere9 but it involves four games that are consistently at the end of the list (I order alphabetically) when I start Rominator up. I mean all I have to do is click the Name column again to get things sorted out so I'm not too concerned; however, it still is a minor annoyance.

sphere9

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Salamantis said:
sphere9 said:
i keep having this problem;

my brain training doesn't want to follow the normal numbers...

2cz7kwl.jpg

Try resorting the list by clicking the "Num" text on the column, I believe the last game you added to your list was Brain Training.

If you sort a list, you must resort it after adding more Roms.

brain training wasn't the last game i added,

I'm having a similar problem like sphere9 but it involves four games that are consistently at the end of the list (I order alphabetically) when I start Rominator up. I mean all I have to do is click the Name column again to get things sorted out so I'm not too concerned; however, it still is a minor annoyance.

this is what i'm experiencing, however with numbers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    linuxares @ linuxares: Nintendo be malding at that