Rockstar went from making variety of great games to announcing a 7 years old game to a new console!!

longernohuman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
59q30tn6qh451.jpg

image0.jpg

For bigger size:
https://i.redd.it/59q30tn6qh451.jpg

Last edited by longernohuman,

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering how sue-happy the Rockstar of now is, I'm not that surprised that they would take any avenue that lets them get paid for less work, including (but not limited to) aggressive, predatory monetization as featured in the online modes of GTA 5.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Rockstar could vomit into a game case and it’d still drive millions of sales.

And that’s mostly due to the precedence they set in the past. It’ll only get them so far before the public opinion of them begins to sour, much like it did for Bethesda. Of course, it’s genius to re-re-release GTAV because people would lap it up, but if we have to wait another 8 years for a new game, people won’t be as eager, then.

Jayinem81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Top 20 Best-Selling Games Of May 2020 (US Only):
  1. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
  2. Grand Theft Auto V
  3. Animal Crossing: New Horizons*
  4. NBA 2K20
  5. Mortal Kombat 11
  6. Red Dead Redemption II
  7. Minecraft*
  8. Final Fantasy VII: Remake
  9. Assassin's Creed: Odyssey
  10. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
  11. Madden NFL 20
  12. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe*
  13. Need for Speed Heat
  14. Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition*
  15. Minecraft Dungeons*
  16. Saints Row: The Third Remastered
  17. MLB The Show 20
  18. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate*
  19. Call of Duty: Black Ops III
  20. FIFA 20
I mean truly WTF. How can there still be that many people in 2020 that go "I have never experienced Grand Theft Auto V, I must try it" and buy it. While I am disappointed in them remaking V for PS5 I almost can't blame Rock*. It is just a cash cow that never quits.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I mean truly WTF. How can there still be that many people in 2020 that go "I have never experienced Grand Theft Auto V, I must try it" and buy it. While I am disappointed in them remaking V for PS5 I almost can't blame Rock*. It is just a cash cow that never quits.
Well...they did sell it for -100% for a few days on the epic store (which I presume still count as "sold").

Reactions: Kraken_X

MSearles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was genius of them to give it away for free last month. Now everyone gets to experience it and get addicted to it, and then buy it for the next Playstation 5 console and/or buy GTA dollars using real money.

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GTA V is DISGUSTING AND UNACCEPTABLE! That expansion was supposed to be on the PS4/Xbox One . To be honest with you I never even played it again on PS4/Xbox One I only played it online because it was free for a short period of time on gamepass and it was kinda a mess. I mainly play GTA V for story mode and I already beat the story in 2013. Rockstar need to be a shame of themselves they made 4 GTA games in 8 years vs continuing to milk GTA V for 8 years. If people forget GTA IV was a bigger map and realistic but it only took them 4 years to make that game and 5 years to make GTA V. GTA 6 should have came out in 2018 and GTA 7 would have been 2 years around the corner.

It doesn't take 10 years to make a game I'm sorry!

Supernova89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's unfortunate and the signs of the time, I'm still peeved off that there hasn't been any story DLC, the ballad of gay Tony was a highlight for gta 4, it's sad, but if you've got a cash cow, what can you do!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COua5q4CByg