OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
664080.jpg

QUOTE said:
While the big info boom on Rockman EXE: Operate Shooting Star in CoroCoro is due next month, this month’s issue seems to resolve the issue as to whether the game is a remake of the first EXE title, or a reimagining of the EXE series. This teaser for next month’s issue, which was posted on 2ch, specifically says that the legendary title “EXE1? will be appearing on the DS this winter as a fusion of cards and action RPG. More details will naturally come out next month.

As a remake of the first EXE game, this does make it very curious how Operate Shooting Star will intertwine elements from the Ryuusei series, and the boss contest winner Clock Genius. We will just have to see.

Source: The Mega Man Network

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not out. It was just recently announced. Megaman Battle Network was a GBA RPG mostly action based with card game elements. Rumors say that the game in this topic is for DS and said to be some sort of remake of that first GBA Battle Network game.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
airpirate545 said:
Eww, a Megaman.exe remake? I was really getting attached to the Star Force characters. I guess I should be happy with this.
It's a possibility that there will be a Star Force 4. I'm surprised noone noticed that at the end of Star Force 3 (if you played it) that it didn't "Mega Man Star Force End" like at the end of Battle Network 6, it said "Mega Man Battle Network End". So I don't think Star Force 3 was the last game even though its keeps getting advertised with the quote "Prepare to Face the Ultimate Climax!" (in Japan).

.Darky

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
EXE with RnR controls and gameplay maybe.

The EXE series was awesome...but i think Capcom should've let it die and try their best to improve RnR even more.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
.Darky said:
I'm still waiting for a 3rd Rockman ZX game. >_>
I wouldn't count on it. They said they would make a sequel to ZX Advent if the sales were great. (In Japan.) The game barely sold 60,000 units in Japan compared to the Star Force games that sold over 200,000 units which is why they get more games. So that means more Battle Network and Star Force games and less X and DASH games. Btw, this is all current sales.

sa1amandra

Gazzaro Launching!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
now here's a good question. is Rockman.EXE: Operation Shooting Star a GAME or a series of game and content to come in the future (example Compolation of Final Fantasy 7)

kalmis

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
Eer, daft question. So what is the difference between Star Force games and Mega Man Battle Network games? Other than platform and character I assume?

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
kalmis said:
Eer, daft question. So what is the difference between Star Force games and Mega Man Battle Network games? Other than platform and character I assume?
starforce -> battle network
battles in 3D instead of 2D
you become megaman instead of dumping megaman on a computer by plugging in your PDA
logging out through a different port than you came in now places you at the "real world" version of that portal instead of sending you back to the portal you logged in through.
and it's a lot easier.

RedIce

Trophies
Website
zer0z.deviantart.com
XP
Country
The difference between MMBN and MMSF is that, for me, you cannot move all over your field in MMSF (only 3 squares versus 9 in MMBN).
I loved MMBN series but as soon as i saw combat in MMSF i just knew it wasn't the game for me.
The combo of strategy, dinamic movement and deck construction in MMBN was the thing that kept me there. It was a great combat system that i think is unlike any other game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    D @ diamondsofmayhem: G'night!