Misc Rock Band 3 - Problem with DLC's help

Wertozzz1234

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hello,
I have a problem with DLC wads for Rock Band 3. I downloaded big wads from mariocube and stick hardly to instruction he gave, but unfortunately nothing works for me. I have read all topics about it on forum, but probably no one have issues similar to mine.
Game recognize SD card without any errors! (Look at the screens)
Everything looks fine, but for some reason rock band doesn't import any song from dlc, i have only basic songs... I did everything well, tried on 3 diffrent SD cards (2gb, 4gb, 16gb), reinstalling, uninstalling wads etc. Nothing helps.
Also tested in any other RB/GH games dlc with the same result.
I'm using USB Loader with HDD. To install dlc I Used xyzzy-mod for the keys, wad2bin and wii mod lite to install bogus wads that wad2bin created.

Is anyone able to help me? It's driving me crazy..
Thank you.

324962177_892077802147003_7003277780917999605_n.jpg
325175790_544043524412994_3059621508332459447_n.jpg
325323266_1331045634398302_6553105686495009214_n.jpg
325294277_915673086548058_6071823091805623177_n.jpg

EDIT: Just downloaded EU version of WADs and took EU id and it works! Seems like you need to use WADs from region of your Wii, not a game! (I've tested it on different rb/gh games that i have in NTSC)

Last edited by Wertozzz1234,

Sander1974

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
You need to run the Wii guide
Run modmii
Run the Wii shop this to confirm you have internet access
Run rb 3 once in usb loader gx 1271 or later once, turn off Wii, move SD into pc from Wii
Use the wad2bin tooling to import dlc to your SD card, make sure to have the correct version ID plus prefix , only one everytime or choose the bigwad which have a list of songs, then you get the bogus file, run this in yammm install, uninstall, install
Run Rb3 and it should start importing

Now repeat wad2bin for the next bigwad dlc, the process takes around 4-6 hours

I bought a 64gb sd and have now 2091 songs

SMNFXCN

fox-raccoon hybrid
Trophies
Website
simonfoxcoon.github.io
XP
Country
Canada
You need to run the Wii guide
Run modmii
Run the Wii shop this to confirm you have internet access
Run rb 3 once in usb loader gx 1271 or later once, turn off Wii, move SD into pc from Wii
Use the wad2bin tooling to import dlc to your SD card, make sure to have the correct version ID plus prefix , only one everytime or choose the bigwad which have a list of songs, then you get the bogus file, run this in yammm install, uninstall, install
Run Rb3 and it should start importing

Now repeat wad2bin for the next bigwad dlc, the process takes around 4-6 hours

I bought a 64gb sd and have now 2091 songs
RB3's dlc works for me. even with the 3000 song limit code
but RB2's dlc does not want to work

Sander1974

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
RB3's dlc works for me. even with the 3000 song limit code
but RB2's dlc does not want to work
Hi,

do you have the wad2bin tooling ?
What error do you get? wad2bin writes data to SD drive after that run the bogus file with Yammm and RB3 should do the rest and import songs

if you use the standard RB3 there is a 1000 song limit

did you check what version of RB3 you are using PAL or NTSC

this is RB3 deluxe which you also should use

SMNFXCN

fox-raccoon hybrid
Trophies
Website
simonfoxcoon.github.io
XP
Country
Canada
Hi,

do you have the wad2bin tooling ?
What error do you get? wad2bin writes data to SD drive after that run the bogus file with Yammm and RB3 should do the rest and import songs

if you use the standard RB3 there is a 1000 song limit

did you check what version of RB3 you are using PAL or NTSC

this is RB3 deluxe which you also should use

i used wad2bin. the error is something about corrupted data which i dont think is actually the case. i installed the bogus file, and i'm running RB2/3 on usb loader GX. the 3000 song limit is an ocarina code.
NTSC versions of those games
i'll see what RB3 Deluxe is later probably

Reactions: Sander1974

ddkyz44

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed all the steps but when I load rb3 it says there's no SD card but clearly there is. Please help. I'm to embarrassed to admit how long but I've been trying to get this to work for a while now

Sander1974

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
I followed all the steps but when I load rb3 it says there's no SD card but clearly there is. Please help. I'm to embarrassed to admit how long but I've been trying to get this to work for a while now
Hi Sorry,

but happy to help, can you share which RB3 version you use PAL versus NTSC, or do you use WII rb3 deluxe?
How is the SD card formatted should be FAT32.
You should open the Wii shop channel at least once to get connected to the internet.

Thanks

ddkyz44

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Sorry,

but happy to help, can you share which RB3 version you use PAL versus NTSC, or do you use WII rb3 deluxe?
How is the SD card formatted should be FAT32.
You should open the Wii shop channel at least once to get connected to the internet.

Thanks
I'm using ntsc. I downloaded rb3 deluxe but i didn't have any luck with that either. Im using the big wads from Mario cube in the wad2bin program. I have gone to the old Wii shop channel that you can access through the Wii menu. I have uninstalled and then installed the bogus wads using Wii mod lite, multi purpose, and yammm. I'm using USB loader gx with a downloaded backup. I'm not sure if i need a physical copy for this to work. Loader settings: loaders IOS 249, games IOS Auto, EmuNAND save mode off, EmuNAND channel mode full. Rock band 3 game load settings: custom IOS 249. Everything else is pretty much default. I am loading the ends from my SD card. I'm going to try from a USB once i get one and I'm going to try using IOS 250 and 251 in USB loader and game load settings. He onestly not even sure if I'm doing the whole IOS thing correctly i used dx2x when i modded the Wii using wii.guide and the other day i used modmii which installed a bunch of stuff. So after all that i load rb3. I then go to options and system settings to enable SD card mode. And it just says nothing is loaded in SD card slot. SD card mode has not been enabled. To enable it later, go to system settings under options. I'm still pretty new to all of this with tons i don't understand but i have also learned a lot and after two years struggling to get this to work I'm really ready to play some dlc. Please any help is much appreciated

Reactions: Sander1974

Sander1974

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
Hi sorry for a late answer,
If I read your story it should work, but the difference i have is that i complete reset usb loader gx using 1281, so rb3 starts you press the + and gives you a message like loading, it loads DLC per time, since you are using SD mode, so i use a physical SD in my Wii (64Gb) and it seems to run fine, this might be a limitation.

So difference here is emunand which i don't use. Since at your post i don't see anything around auto loading DLC's

Monkey79

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm able to get the DLC for RB3 to populate, but only 799 songs shows up. Any ideas on how to get the rest to show up?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: anyone