Hacking Rock Band 2, USB peripherals, and my backup loader

kevipapo1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all,

I'm new to the forums, but I've referenced it many times for help on what to do. This time, though, I'm gonna need some extra help...

I've got Rock band 2 loading off of USB Loader GX, but the USB peripherals don't work. I know there's things you need to do to make them work involving Hermes' cIOS 222, and there's other methods listed, but nothing I've done has worked. I've been returned with different errors ( RET = -1, RET = -1017) in different apps for installing cIOSes.

What I'm looking for now is a full-out tutorial providing whatever downloads I'll need, and I'm pretty sure it won't work on the first go, so also someone willing to help me out when I get errors and issues come up. I'm running 4.0U, loading Rock Band 2 through USB Loader GX. Also something I find important, every time I load Rock band 2 in the loader using IOS 222, the screen goes black for a little and returns to the Homebrew Browser.

Thanks in advance,
-Kevin

Alexrose

Untitled
Trophies
XP
Country
There's several ways you can boot it:
1. With a disc and ciosbugfix37.wad installed, then run it through softchip choosing ios37 as your booter.
2. Go look up Mrk's rockband softchip loader with cios232 based on ios37; but it won't work with dlc.
3. Install Hermes' ios 222 as 36 and 223 as 36 merge 37 and load it WITH ULOADER. GX seems to have problems a lot of the time. Or try updating your version of GX. But uLoader will definitely work with it. However, again, this won't work with DLC.

phiillh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I got Rockband 2 working loading off cios 249 for the loader and hermes cios 223 under game settings. 223 is installed a merge of 36 and 37.
All usb peripherals work with USB Loader GX with these settings for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: How you doin xdq?