OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
essay-today.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
WHenever I try to rip a GameCUbe Game with USB Loader GX I get an error message saying "Not a Wii Disc, Please Insert a Wii Disc!" Well obviously. How do I get it to recognize that this is a GameCube disc and rip it for play. The Game is Ocarina of Time Master Quest if it matters and I'm on a Mac.

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
the best program to use to rip gamecube isos on your wii is CleanRip. It will produce perfect 1:1 images that will work perfectly with nintendont, devolution etc. Just move the iso to a folder on the root of ur SD or USB called games. Put the iso in a folder of the games name and rename the iso to game.iso.

So if you had ripped mario party 4 it would go like this..

SD:/games/mario party 4/game.iso

famicomman89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
essay-today.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
None of this has worked. Is there a step by step guide on what I should be doing. DIOS MIOS doesn't even show me the files on my system. When I try to boot the game from the disc I get a black screen.

EDIT: I installed Nintendont to try that. It sees the game, but when I try to load it it says "checking FS error 12 shutting down." and the system goes into a hard shut down.

yes, it says 466
Trophies
Website
466frfx.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
None of this has worked. Is there a step by step guide on what I should be doing. DIOS MIOS doesn't even show me the files on my system. When I try to boot the game from the disc I get a black screen.

EDIT: I installed Nintendont to try that. It sees the game, but when I try to load it it says "checking FS error 12 shutting down." and the system goes into a hard shut down.

Try Devolution? You have to insert the original disc first to validate the ISO you got from CleanRip. It's just an anti-piracy measure. After you validate the disc and ISO, you don't need to insert the disc to play the game anymore.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can find original MIOS v10 on a lot of game.
use Wiixplorer to mount a Wii game Disc, browse to the update partition and copy MIOS wad file.

Having the official MIOS will not help in ripping Gamecube Disc.

CleanRIP didn't work to dump your gamecube game disc to ISO?

famicomman89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
essay-today.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
CleanRIP allowed me to rip the game just fine. I just can't get any application to recognize the game is on my hard drive except Nintendont, and it freezes and gives me the aforementioned error. I can't even play retail discs anymore. I ultimately wanted to be able to load my GCN disc rips through USB Loader, but can't get it to work. Everything has to be done manually though because most of these automated programs don't have Mac versions. I first installed DIOS MIOS and have had no luck with it. It's not the ripping I'm having trouble with, it's the playback.

nikeymikey

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Don't take any notice of what the poster above has said, he seems to be a bit of a spammer.

You DO NOT need to convert your ISO's for Nintendont to play them. I have a large collection playing just fine from my hard drive and they are just cleanrip isos.

I would normally suggest running syscheck on ur wii and then putting output file (syscheck.csv) thru modmii but I see you have a Mac.... Can u not use wine to run modmii.... As the syscheck will highlight any problems your wii may have and then modmii can fix them for you.

famicomman89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
essay-today.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Don't take any notice of what the poster above has said, he seems to be a bit of a spammer.

You DO NOT need to convert your ISO's for Nintendont to play them. I have a large collection playing just fine from my hard drive and they are just cleanrip isos.

I would normally suggest running syscheck on ur wii and then putting output file (syscheck.csv) thru modmii but I see you have a Mac.... Can u not use wine to run modmii.... As the syscheck will highlight any problems your wii may have and then modmii can fix them for you.

I have tried, but after typing "I AGREE" in ModMII through Wine it fails to go any further.

nikeymikey

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hmm have you tried asking in the modmii thread here??
Or you could run syscheck and then send me your syscheck.csv and I will run it through modmii for you and then I can zip up all the files and send them to you. If you want to do that pm me.

famicomman89

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
essay-today.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
I finally got it working kind of. I can play GameCube games off of a separate USB Flash Drive or the SD Card using USB Loader GX. I can't however seem to load my GameCube games onto the HDD that my Wii Games are on, even though it's in 2 Partitions. I can even use it to RIP GameCube game to the Flash Drive and SD Card, but not the HDD. Both are 32 Fat. Any advice on why this is? It would be much more convenient to use only one HDD.

nikeymikey

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think it has to be the first partition on your hdd, and it has to be the primary partition. I have all my games wii and GC on 1 2tb hard drive and It works perfectly. I would consider backing up all your data and reformatting your hard drive and only having 1 partition. Then copy all your data back and see how you get on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?