kiel379

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi

I've been trying to find a new UK plug adapter for my ring chime, as the pin has snapped (just the sliding backplate part), but Google, amazon and eBay don't seem to show any results.

Does anyone know where I could get one of these?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That looks like various sliding adapters I have seen in the past but that is also a custom moulding and ring do often do their own thing for the little I have played with. At the same time I could well see buying such a thing in (making regs for such a thing vs buying one for someone that did the deed and charges you a few pennies per item leaving you to worry about important things...).

I don't have a particularly good suggestion for a go to the cheapy shop and buy this £5 item right now. I have a stack of them for some routers I got given but I have also had them from cheapo Chinese tat so cast net wide and you might be rewarded.

Beyond that yeah give customer disservice a bell, or if you are reasonably friendly with one of the electrical retailers that sell such toys then if they had a return they just have to junk then maybe they will slide that off.

Cowboy mode. If it is just the earth pin that snapped (top pin, as that is double insulated then likely to be all plastic and thus best candidate) then most styles of socket bar some newer ones* will expose the live and neutral if you insert the earth or something to hold it down.
*get extension or socket doubler in that case.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/NGOSybO-5R4?si=SmiQ0UaynHR80xC9