Hacking RGH randomly freezes on boot

GUEDES_et_al

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I got a xbox 360 E with RGH pre-installed (corona 4g V4).

My problem is sometimes when trying to glitch on boot it randomly freezes (with pulse sound freeze "piiiiiiiiiiiii" until I power off) and only thing to do is power off using the power button.

On next try, it can freeze again or boot properly. It's not a problem with dashlaunch plugins (even with the method using blank "plugins.ini" freezes sometimes; uninstalling dashlaunch freezes randomly too).

I'm newbie on xbox 360 scene, and I want to know if its normal, or something I can do to fix this problem. Anyone can help me please?

Reactions: HollowGrams

GUEDES_et_al

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

My problem is sometimes when trying to glitch on boot it randomly freezes (with pulse sound freeze "piiiiiiiiiiiii" until I power off) and only thing to do is power off using the power button.

On next try, it can freeze again or boot properly. It's not a problem with dashlaunch plugins (even with the method using blank "plugins.ini" freezes sometimes; uninstalling dashlaunch freezes randomly too).

I'm newbie on xbox 360 scene, and I want to know if its normal, or something I can do to fix this problem. Anyone can help me please?

Important notes: When it boots properly it doesnt freeze in any game or something. Works fine. I found on web maybe its something related to timing programing on the NAND, but IDK how to do it. I know how to "edit" NAND and flash.

Thanks for all your help.

HollowGrams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I would open up and check R1R1 resistor. See if its untouched, grounded etc.

Reactions: GUEDES_et_al

GUEDES_et_al

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I would open up and check R1R1 resistor. See if its untouched, grounded etc.

Thank you for your info. R1R1 is untouched, maybe I need to remove it or ground it, right? I searched in the web and found that is a common issue. Removing the R1R1 can damage the console? I read that without R1R1 I can't write NAND anymore, is this true?

If I ground it, can I still write NAND? How do I do it?

Thank you.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
RST wire perhaps close to a MOSFET or coil.

RGH is not an exact science, it just comes down to having the wiring away from sources of interference and trying different timings until you have solid boots.

GUEDES_et_al

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thank you for all your support! I found an alternative way flashing a 4-3 jed, and I would test. I think its something related to activate the chip after the five try, so it wouldn't freeze on this specific cycle (next freeze occurs ~ cycle 21). In most cases rgh properly boots before. I don't have time now, but I'll try later and post the results here.

Last question: When console freezes after a glitch try, power off the console using the button, can damage the console?

Thank you so much.

Reactions: HollowGrams

HollowGrams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for all your support! I found an alternative way flashing a 4-3 jed, and I would test. I think its something related to activate the chip after the five try, so it wouldn't freeze on this specific cycle (next freeze occurs ~ cycle 21). In most cases rgh properly boots before. I don't have time now, but I'll try later and post the results here.

Last question: When console freezes after a glitch try, power off the console using the button, can damage the console?

Thank you so much.

Def r1r1 then.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled