RGH Help

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whats the amp rating on the back? Should be like 9.6 usually for a corona and 13.5?!? for a trinity. ICR trinity's off-hand

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1660761609035.png

Taken from 7S CR4 install guide. All the dip switches are in the standard spot and the post resistor is set to default 0 ohms which is normal. Since it was booting OK before I would say the added cap is fine. There may be an issue with the last update that was done. In Jrunner there is a box for CR4 installs that includes a sped up reset time of 4 seconds instead of the original 6 seconds, if that isn't checked it can cause issues.

Reactions: CoolMe

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn. This thing is trolling you. And us. It's trolling all of us.

I would say grab a qtip and some isopropyl alcohol, and clean up all that brown solder flux they left everywhere. Put it back together and try getting into Xell with eject again. That should be the mission for now, and if you can do that then we have a successful glitch and boot and this problem is an intermittent one.

If you can get into Xell, use a clean ini file again and keep the hdd out of the console and try to boot normally. If we can get to Xbox dash then there is a program that can be used to dump the nand called Simple Nand Flasher. We can look at it if you can get a dump of the flash thats on it right now.

Reactions: CoolMe

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The solder flux in this image?
Yeah, just put a bit of at least 70% isopropyl alcohol on a q-tip and gently scrub around it, then use the other end to help pick up the broken down flux. The higher the concentration the better, but normal first aid alcohol is usually ok. Try to avoid the 50% stuff though because it has a lot of water in it. There was some around the chip, and on the board as you've shown. I see some at the nand flasher points just to the right also.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The solder flux in this image?
Woah, that looks really messy.. Whoever did this didn't even bother to clean the leftover flux (unprofessional) that's sprayed all over those contacts.. Clean it with IPA as @brickmii82 suggested.
I would check all the other wires and pins that're connected to the chip, and clean them too if you see any leftover flux etc.

Reactions: brickmii82

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Leftover flux" being the glue like substance that I see on the board and contacts?
From the pics it does look like it. Also there's no capacitors nearby that could be leaking -which can leave a similar looking liquid- to spread on the chip. Also it's clearly concentrated on that one area..

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That looks better. Some of the residue that didn't come up might be crystalized at this point, so it's likely the best that can be done. Now, I would suggest you get it back together and try to get it just once into the regular xbox dashboard. Once you can get a boot, you can get a a nand dump with simple nand flasher. If you can't get it into dash, it may need a hardware dump and some further diag. Make sure you use a guaranteed clean launch.ini file again so we know it's not trying to load into a corrupted program on the hard drive or a program that isn't in the specified pathway.

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will it only boot if it's put back together? Can I get away with my usb drive plugged in and a fresh launch.ini file and "open" as it is?
Yeah, actually. You can boot it naked, just make sure the fan is going and you don't put the power supply plugged into the board upside down. The touch button, ribbon cable, and rf board can be a pain if you don't have a controller synced to it or to plug in though.

Reactions: godreborn

MikeTheKnight2016

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
geez, after stripping it down and somewhat cleaning...powering on with a controller and a fresh launch.ini ... i'm still experiencing the same situation :(

Does it matter which USB port the flash drive is plugged into?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: Currently asked for mecha mote iinchou mm my best friend to be translated but I also want to ask...