RGH Help

MikeTheKnight2016

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you just have to pop off the grills, and the left and right part of the system are tabbed together. you do need a torx 8 or 10 forgot which to open up the screws (only take out the long ones). you don't have to remove the rf board, which is another screw gauge iirc. it's been years since I've opened a phat, so this is based on memory.

I've got it to this....can I just remove the T screws on the top to see what i need?

Attachments

• 20220817_135758.png
    20220817_135758.png
    394.3 KB · Views: 22

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you may have to remove the dvd drive, but try turning on the power and see if see anything that's flashing red or whatever you could see without opening it.

MikeTheKnight2016

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The solid red light and the flashing green light are on a board that says CR4 on it and has wires soldered to the mobo

Currently it's only hdmi cable and power supply connected (had to remove cd drive in order to get this image.

Attachments

• 20220817_141049.png
    20220817_141049.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 19
Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The solid red light and the flashing green light are on a board that says CR4 on it and has wires soldered to the mobo

Currently it's only hdmi cable and power supply connected (had to remove cd drive in order to get this image.
I don't know much about rgh, only jtag, as I've never had a need for an rgh. @brickmii82 or @DinohScene should be able to help or understand what that means. I assume it's glitching and failing.

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ugh... A CR4. A pain in the ass closed source TX chip from 2014. TX got taken down by the feds along with all of their 360 info. Lemme see if I can find some documentation. Is that a Corona board? Those flip switches need to be in the right position depending on the board, and that capacitor on the top may or may not be needed. These things suck imo.

Reactions: CoolMe

MikeTheKnight2016

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UGH the other thing i noticed is that my tv auto-powers off after 15 minutes of no signal, so even if i try to leave the xbox on...after 15 minutes if it doesn't glitch tv will shut down

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ugh... A CR4. A pain in the ass closed source TX chip from 2014. TX got taken down by the feds along with all of their 360 info. Lemme see if I can find some documentation. Is that a Corona board? Those flip switches need to be in the right position depending on the board, and that capacitor on the top may or may not be needed. These things suck imo.
no, it's a phat

UGH the other thing i noticed is that my tv auto-powers off after 15 minutes of no signal, so even if i try to leave the xbox on...after 15 minutes if it doesn't glitch tv will shut down
my tv does the same, but it's like one to two minutes.

MikeTheKnight2016

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

how would i tell what the board is?

Double FML - almost certainly sounds like I just need to purchase a new one then

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: