Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Gave this a go today to try and force handheld mode while docked for Breath of the Wild (since as I recall it runs better when forced to 720p mode and hoping this works with ToTK too. :D) but the overlay doesn't appear to work. Inputs in the game stop working as if the overlay is present since hitting B causes game to work again. I can use it in the home menu without issue the first time around and changed modes. But after that it just causes an exception in Atmosphere if I try to use the overlay in Home Menu with BoTW booted up while docked. :(

Overlay appears to work if I'm undocked though....
I am on latest firmware/atmophere/hekate/etc. (even made sure latest SaltyNX too)
I think the issues with docked mode aren't entirely fixed....
Unrelated but is there a way to change the button combo for bringing up Tesla overlays? The default one is kinda ass. :P

Reactions: mondul

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I think the issues with docked mode aren't entirely fixed....
Because they aren't. never expect that homebrew are free of any bugs. We are only fixing bugs that are reproducible. I have fixed an issue that is for 99.9% not related to your issue.
If someone has bug that nobody else can reproduce, then we can't fix it without having your Switch in our hands.

As I don't have any TV in my current apartment to check your issue, I can't help for now. If there will be more people confirming this issue, I will try to find a way to check it myself.

Apache Thunder

Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Hmm actually I think it might be an issue more with Tesla system responsible for your overlay? I had also setup Edizon's overlay and it has the same issue. Though now that I have more then one item in the overlay it's Tesla's overlay that isn't showing since I had assumed overlays all had their own menu but it seems more like they become selections within Tesla's menu so I think Tesla is the root cause for me. it's been quite some time since I've changed my homebrew setup on my Switch but with ToTK coming up I have gotten more active with it. This new overlay stuff was not a thing the last time I had fiddled with changing docking/handheld mode. I don't recall what the previous app for it was at the time. Might have been the predecessor to this one perhaps.

For now everything seems to work fine if I just do what I need to do while in handheld mode.

I may check over on Tesla's github to see if there are any issues open that are similar to the problem I'm having. The crashing while attempting to use your overlay menu after switching back to handheld mode might also be something happening with Tesla and not yours since it would crash the moment I tried to go into your menu and not when I tried to change modes or anything.

EDIT: Hmm no maybe not just Tesla. Looks like the issue started in Horizon 16 and both Tesla and all overlays have to be updated for it to work in docked mode properly. Not sure what's going on. I'll recheck my setup just to be sure.

Last edited by Apache Thunder,

Stormrider2801

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Hello, if I play some light game like Nintendo Switch Sports and it works perfectly in docked mode but without overclock then basically, there is no need to overclock or even thou game works great, I should overclock GPU and MEM nonetheless.

Apache Thunder

Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Do you really use Tesla Menu with libnx fix? Because it doesn't sound like it.
Tesla Menu available on WerWolv repo doesn't have this fix.

I went to this one as it was linked to from your readme.md:

https://github.com/WerWolv/Tesla-Menu
I thought it did? Can you link me to the one that does?

EDIT: I see you have a fork of it on your github...but there isn't a compiled build for me to look at....

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
@Apache Thunder https://gbatemp.net/attachments/ovlmenu_1_2_1-97b9677_libtesla-779b4ea-zip.367857/

Hello, if I play some light game like Nintendo Switch Sports and it works perfectly in docked mode but without overclock then basically, there is no need to overclock or even thou game works great, I should overclock GPU and MEM nonetheless.
It really depends on game. There may be levels that are more graphics expensive and your stock handheld clocks won't be enough to handle them.

Jmtaveira

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Anyone having problem using this plugin on the latest update? Apparently salty NX crashes all games at startup . If you disable it everything is fine .

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Anyone having problem using this plugin on the latest update? Apparently salty NX crashes all games at startup . If you disable it everything is fine .
Newest Atmosphere increased memory usage yet again, this time because of GCC 13, if this is related at all. Wait for next Atmosphere release that should decrease memory usage. I didn't check and I don't plan to do it.

Iirc 1.5.2 should be compatible with 16.0.2, so just downgrade Atmosphere

Edit: According to trusted source it works correctly if you don't junk your Atmosphere with too many sysmodules.

Last edited by masagrator,

Jmtaveira

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Newest Atmosphere increased memory usage yet again, this time because of GCC 13, if this is related at all. Wait for next Atmosphere release that should decrease memory usage. I didn't check and I don't plan to do it.

Iirc 1.5.2 should be compatible with 16.0.2, so just downgrade Atmosphere

Edit: According to trusted source it works correctly if you don't junk your Atmosphere with too many sysmodules.
I can confirm that info . Reinstalled everything and activated only salty sysmodule and working has intended . Thanks man!

taggen86

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Reverse nx is not working in red dead for some reason. Got 720p internal res even when setting it to docked. The game really need the added anti aliasing that 1080p internal would provide on the 720p screen.

Last edited by taggen86,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah they gotta reproduce somehow