Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

Dimensio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I had an urge to play Akumajo Dracula X: Chi no Rondo for PC Engine CD. I have a playlist, created with Playlist Buddy, for my TG16/PCE CD games, but attempting to load the game from there results in an endless black screen, as though it cannot load the System Card ROM.

Browsing directly to the ROMs directory and selecting the CUE file from there loads it without incident, so it's a nuisance but not a game-breaker. Still, anyone have any advice? My other playlists work without any problem.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I had an urge to play Akumajo Dracula X: Chi no Rondo for PC Engine CD. I have a playlist, created with Playlist Buddy, for my TG16/PCE CD games, but attempting to load the game from there results in an endless black screen, as though it cannot load the System Card ROM.

Browsing directly to the ROMs directory and selecting the CUE file from there loads it without incident, so it's a nuisance but not a game-breaker. Still, anyone have any advice? My other playlists work without any problem.
Yes this was discussed by myself and a few others a couple of months ago and you are right PCE cd games don't load from playlists

TLPD-AVW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Yes this was discussed by myself and a few others a couple of months ago and you are right PCE cd games don't load from playlists

Wait, they don't? I launch PCE CD games from the playlist just fine without any issues. I just tested some games this minute! I did however go though the hassle of creating playlist files for CD-based systems manually, without playlist buddy.

gamecaptor

R.I.P. Densetsu. Legends never die!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And this kind of stuff ultimately is why the WiiU port is in the state it's in and why it's hard to get certain devs motivated enough to care about giving it some love. We give, give, and give, while expecting nothing in return, and for our hard work, dedication and effort you just get called 'a bunch of assholes' by some narcissistic spotty teenager that needs to vent his ill-founded opinions on people he has never met, and people that have never wronged him. All of this hate and vitriol is unprovoked, we do not care to start fights with people.

There's almost zero to nobody to work with in these underground console scenes, to the point where it's almost not worth bothering with it.

A lot of work in life is thankless. For example, have you ever called your electric company and said "hey guys, I just wanted to call and say thanks, my power has been working great". Probably not. But the SECOND you don't have power at your place, o-boy there is hell to pay!

For what it's worth, for everyone one d-bag that talks $#!t, there are a dozen fans out there that appreciate all the hard work that is put into things like RetroArch, they/we just never speak up about it.

So that all said, I do very much appreciate all that you guys do. Maybe RetroArch on Wii U isn't perfect, but it is coming along nicely and very cool!

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
A lot of work in life is thankless. For example, have you ever called your electric company and said "hey guys, I just wanted to call and say thanks, my power has been working great". Probably not. But the SECOND you don't have power at your place, o-boy there is hell to pay!

For what it's worth, for everyone one d-bag that talks $#!t, there are a dozen fans out there that appreciate all the hard work that is put into things like RetroArch, they/we just never speak up about it.

So that all said, I do very much appreciate all that you guys do. Maybe RetroArch on Wii U isn't perfect, but it is coming along nicely and very cool!
that analogy makes no sence lol you are paying the eletric company so you dont need to thank for something your paying to have, its totaly diferent from something totaly free lol.

MaitreLLD

Trophies
XP
Country
France
That's not true, I launch my Akumajou Dracula X from my playlist without any problem. You just need to write the playlist carefully by hand (link to the .bin or .cue, I don't remember which, correct core, DETECT elsewere. I'll copy/paste mine when I have time !)

Reactions: lordelan

rioray

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@rioray did you manage to implement touch controls?

No I let @QuarkTheAwesome to done it in a cleaner way than my hack .
meanwhile I have some fun with scummvm (but touch pointer is not like a mouse, when you hit screen it simulate the press of mouse button 1)

also scummvm seem to crash when adding a game (somewhere in bool MacResManager::open no time for now to look at why), but if you add game directly by editing
sd:\retroarch\cores\system\scummvm.ini it works fine after.

Code:
[scummvm]
lastselectedgame=kyra1-fr
gui_browser_show_hidden=false
browser_lastpath=sd:/roms/scummvm/tentacle
mute=false
versioninfo=1.9.0

[lure-fr]
platform=pc
gameid=lure
description=Lure of the Temptress (DOS/French)
language=fr
path=sd:/roms/scummvm/lure
guioptions=sndNoSpeech lang_French

[tentacle-fr]
platform=pc
talkspeed=85
gameid=tentacle
description=Day of the Tentacle (Floppy/DOS/French)
language=fr
gui_saveload_last_pos=0
path=sd:/roms/scummvm/tentacle

[kyra1-fr]
platform=pc
gameid=kyra1
description=The Legend of Kyrandia (Extracted/DOS/French)
language=fr
path=sd:/roms/scummvm/Kyrandia
guioptions=sndNoSpeech midiPCSpk midiAdLib midiMt32 vga lang_French
GKCeEn7.jpg

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
No I let @QuarkTheAwesome to done it in a cleaner way than my hack .
meanwhile I have some fun with scummvm (but touch pointer is not like a mouse, when you hit screen it simulate the press of mouse button 1)

also scummvm seem to crash when adding a game (somewhere in bool MacResManager::open no time for now to look at why), but if you add game directly by editing
sd:\retroarch\cores\system\scummvm.ini it works fine after.

Code:
[scummvm]
mute=false
versioninfo=1.9.0

[lure-fr]
platform=pc
gameid=lure
language=fr

[tentacle-fr]
platform=pc
talkspeed=85
gameid=tentacle
description=Day of the Tentacle (Floppy/DOS/French)
language=fr
gui_saveload_last_pos=0
path=sd:/roms/scummvm/tentacle

[kyra1-fr]
platform=pc
gameid=kyra1
description=The Legend of Kyrandia (Extracted/DOS/French)
language=fr
path=sd:/roms/scummvm/Kyrandia
guioptions=sndNoSpeech midiPCSpk midiAdLib midiMt32 vga lang_French
GKCeEn7.jpg
Nice :)
Maybe the touch screen can detect different preasure degrees, you can notice it in games like Tengami, it's pretty much an old school point 'n click adventure game.

rioray

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Nice :)
Maybe the touch screen can detect different preasure degrees, you can notice it in games like Tengami, it's pretty much an old school point 'n click adventure game.
From what i've read (vpad api header) , the answer is NO , we can only get if touch is on (and valid x,y) .
So they must have some kind of magic behind to detect pressure :D.

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
For PCE CD you just need point to the .cue in your .lpl
Code:
sd:/roms/NEC - PC Engine CD - TurboGrafx-CD/Akumajou Dracula X - Chi no Rondo.cue
Akumajou Dracula X - Chi no Rondo
sd:/retroarch/cores/mednafen_pce_fast_libretro.rpx
DETECT
DETECT
NEC - PC Engine CD - TurboGrafx-CD.lpl
In order to Playlist Buddy to do it automatically you can place your .cue files into NEC - PC Engine CD - TurboGrafx-CD and create a separate folder for .bin .iso, like this:

upload_2017-11-3_12-12-51.png

I named "bin-iso" the folder containing the .bin/.iso, if you go this folder structure Playlist Buddy will only check your .cue and create the list :)
HOWEVER, you MUST edit the .cue first line, and set the path to your .bin/.iso

upload_2017-11-3_12-16-53.png

In my case my Castlevania .bin is stored in
Code:
sd:/roms/NEC - PC Engine CD - TurboGrafx-CD/bin-iso/Akumajou Dracula X - Chi no Rondo/Akumajou Dracula X - Chi no Rondo.bin

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

From what i've read (vpad api header) , the answer is NO , we can only get if touch is on (and valid x,y) .
So they must have some kind of magic behind to detect pressure :D.
I see, I played the game ages ago, but I remember the controls weren't as fluid as I wish they were.
But anyway, maybe it's better left the mouse R/L click mapped to ZL/L for right-handed, and ZR/R for left-handed

Reactions: ploggy and lordelan

rioray

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Not related but I need help for the overlay stuff ,

I'm looking for someone with good wii U shader knowledge to help to modify the current hardcoded shader used in RA
https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/blob/master/wiiu/tex_shader.c

Looking at the code of some cool wii U library like libgui , I think ultimately we should move our actual code to something like that.

But in the present time ,i stuck on a simple task,
I need to to add an uniformvar for playing with color intensity (could be use for enable alpha in overlay).
like done here
addUniformVar((GX2UniformVar){ "unf_color_intensity", GX2_VAR_TYPE_VEC4, 1, colorIntensityLocation, 0xffffffff });
https://github.com/Maschell/libgui/...2ee1/source/video/shaders/Texture2DShader.cpp

so I've started to done something like
Code:
 varying vec2 tex_coord;
 uniform sampler2D s;
 uniform vec4 color;
 void main()
 {
    gl_FragColor = vec4(texture2D(s, tex_coord).rgb,color.a);
 }

00 TEX: ADDR(48) CNT(1) VALID_PIX
      0  SAMPLE R0.xyz_, R0.xy0x, t0, s0
01 ALU: ADDR(32) CNT(1)
      1  w: MOV         R0.w,  C0.w   
02 EXP_DONE: PIX0, R0
END_OF_PROGRAM
Then hardcode it to the current code (without any knowledge of what I was doing)
but surprisingly ^^ it's only lead to crash the system ....

Can anyone help me to mod RA tex_shader.c to add an uniformVar ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I see, I played the game ages ago, but I remember the controls weren't as fluid as I wish they were.
But anyway, maybe it's better left the mouse R/L click mapped to ZL/L for right-handed, and ZR/R for left-handed
Yes that sound good for me !

For now MouseBut1 and MouseBut2 are bind to A/B but i think we can remap it with control gui.

For the Brave who want to try , it's an striped down version (only few engines: kyra scumm sci lure mortevielle)
the best is to generate the scummvm.ini on a PC (adding games with PC ) then change path to fit where they reside on the sd:/ or usb:/ and put it in
sd:/retroarch/cores/system

https://filebin.net/iid2a5235x2pmh7s/scummvm.zip

Last edited by rioray,

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
For the Brave who want to try , it's an striped down version (only few engines: kyra scumm sci lure mortevielle)
the best is to generate the scummvm.ini on a PC (adding games with PC ) then change path to fit where they reside on the sd:/ or usb:/ and put it in
sd:/retroarch/cores/system

https://filebin.net/iid2a5235x2pmh7s/scummvm.zip
I added Sam & Max Hit the Road, but can't find any scummvm.ini on PC, the game plays just fine on PC btw.

rioray

Trophies
XP
Country
France
just add your game in libretro scummvm ,
look at the scummvm.ini generated in RA system directory and copy it in sd:/retroarch/cores/system/
and change the path to locate the place where reside your game in sdcard.
you should endup with something like this:

Code:
[scummvm]
mute=false
versioninfo=1.9.0

[lure-fr]
platform=pc
gameid=lure
language=fr

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer