Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

TLPD-AVW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Can you guys suggest a sega genesis emulator?

As said previously, Genesis Plus GX is the only avalible on Wii U at the moment. Coincidentally, it's the best emulator of Sega Genesis overall on all platforms at the moment (until BlastEm overtakes it in the near future).

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
As said previously, Genesis Plus GX is the only avalible on Wii U at the moment. Coincidentally, it's the best emulator of Sega Genesis overall on all platforms at the moment (until BlastEm overtakes it in the near future).
sadly it doesnt have sega 32x emulation :S my dream of playing star wars arcade fullspeed on a console will never be satisfied shamefully the xbox version runs from fullspeed to half speed, and new 3ds runs like half speed :S

Marc1984

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well due to the fact the wiiu only has one genesis emu no recommendation is needed lol

We got a wise guy here lmao at the time I asked that question I was away from my Wii U. Hence why I asked the community smart guy

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@ploggy
How does your KI romset looks like on your SD?
The way I have it setup is:
SD:/roms/mame/kinst/kinst.chd = for the chd file.
and
SD:/roms/mame/kinst.zip = for the rom file.

or basically put the chd file in a folder with the same name and put the zip outside that folder. :)
and when it comes to loading it boot the rom.zip not the chd.
(just don't rename the rom or chd) :)

Last edited by ploggy,
Reactions: Billy Acuña

R0B0T0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys do you prefer 1:1 PAR or core provided? I'm having doubts to which looks better lol.

I just set aspect ratio to 4:3 (with crop overscan on) as this replicates the way almost all games would have originally appeared on a standard TV/Monitor.

(Having played most games on their original systems, anything else looks odd to me)

Last edited by R0B0T0,

Ponyboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I keep getting the 160-2203 system memory errors when trying to run the latest nightly. Any one have any ideas as to why? I'm booting through the retroarch channel.

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Guys do you prefer 1:1 PAR or core provided? I'm having doubts to which looks better lol.
Core provided, the only way vertical shmups show correct aspect ratio. You also can set PAR inside Quick menu then Save Game Options, for specific games.

DonCaballero

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Core provided, the only way vertical shmups show correct aspect ratio. You also can set PAR inside Quick menu then Save Game Options, for specific games.

Interesting, I had no idea. I got a bit confused when I was playing Quackshot and changing the setting would make Donald very slightly fatter or taller depending on what it was and I lost track which was supposed to be right lol.

It's personal preference really. Some like 1:1 and some like having snes games at 16:9 :unsure:

Ouch :(

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting, I had no idea. I got a bit confused when I was playing Quackshot and changing the setting would make Donald very slightly fatter or taller depending on what it was and I lost track which was supposed to be right lol.

Ouch :(

Not everyone is a purist or likes having the borders around their game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/22tVWwmTie8?si=2CEDZldUW5ODozYh meh