Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just figured out that if i go to quick menu and close content after a quitting a game and then choose a new rom from the playlist i no longer get that DSI error which is cool as hell for me. Maybe someone else can test this out too.

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I understand why this would happen. Because the 'new core' gets saved to the config file first, and this value gets used from that point on.

So really, we need to fix this config file crashing.
I tried again with save on exit = off and I still get ISI exception, I don't know if it's related but happened when I change content from list from Sega CD to Atari 2600, like in other ocassions Sega CD core got stuck and didn't change properly to Atari 2600, basically Sega CD tried to load an Atari 2600 game and seems caused the error. I didn't Close Content beforehand.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried again with save on exit = off and I still get ISI exception, I don't know if it's related but happened when I change content from list from Sega CD to Atari 2600, like in other ocassions Sega CD core got stuck and didn't change properly to Atari 2600, basically Sega CD tried to load an Atari 2600 game and seems caused the error. I didn't Close Content beforehand.

Are you loading the cores through the auto detection method or loading them manually?

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Through list, I'm starting to think the issue happen when the content is no closed before swaping cores :unsure:
I think that is the problem since i started closing content before switching games on the playlist i have got zero ISI and DSI exceptions and i have tested a lot of cores and games too.

Marc1984

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question, I have a couple games that didn't pull box art. From what I've read it's because the rom may have a exclamation or some other random characters. Anyway is it easier just to find a rom that don't have random characters? Or can I edit the title via RA? Or is there a editor? I used playlist buddy to get all my boxarts it just didn't get a few is all.

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try to load a few games with "save on exit = off" and without closing content before swaping cores, since save on exit seems to be the only instance when RA save to config (at least according TwinAphex theory)
I just tried turning off save config on exit without closing content before swapping games and i got the ISI error i even got error code 160 2203 wich sucks i was hoping it would fix that.

Marc1984

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also how do I make the keyboard "viewable"? Does it have to do with overlays? If so, I didn't see overlays in directory to set a path.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Quick question, I have a couple games that didn't pull box art. From what I've read it's because the rom may have a exclamation or some other random characters. Anyway is it easier just to find a rom that don't have random characters? Or can I edit the title via RA? Or is there a editor? I used playlist buddy to get all my boxarts it just didn't get a few is all.
That's something you'll have to do on PC.. Out of curiosity what was the game that didn't have box art ?

Also how do I make the keyboard "viewable"? Does it have to do with overlays? If so, I didn't see overlays in directory to set a path.
Retroarch's onscreen keyboard doesn't currently work on the WiiU :(

Marc1984

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's something you'll have to do on PC.. Out of curiosity what was the game that didn't have box art ?

Retroarch's onscreen keyboard doesn't currently work on the WiiU :(

All my NES boxarts are good, for snes chrono trigger, link to the past, seiken densetsu 2, seiken densetsu 3 theres a couple more too. Maybe 15 total

Last edited by Marc1984,

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
All my NES boxarts are good, for snes chrono trigger, link to the past, seiken densetsu 2, seiken densetsu 3 theres a couple more too. Maybe 15 total
Ahh, It should just be a matter of renaming the thumbnail to match the romname though so it not too bad plus it seems like it's only a few roms missing the thumbs :)

Marc1984

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahh, It should just be a matter of renaming the thumbnail to match the romname though so it not too bad plus it seems like it's only a few roms missing the thumbs :)

yes sir! believe me i am not complaining by no means! im a lot further today then i was a weeks ago

Reactions: ploggy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: I appreciate the insight!