AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a really strange problem I have spent my day scanning my directories to create play lists for some reason none of my gba roms will scan. I start the scan and it says scanning 1 of 111 roms then it stops. Could it be freaking out because I have exactly 111 gba roms lol. And sadly my PC is broke at moment so that's not an option for creating the rom list.

Turn7Boom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You can download them manually from here too.
http://thumbnailpacks.libretro.com/

Thanks, but is it important that the box art name and rom name are the same? If I have a rom called "Alex Kidd in Miracle World (U) (!).sms" do I need box art png with the same name or does the script look for the "Alex Kidd In Miracle World" and know what game it is looking at?

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks, but is it important that the box art name and rom name are the same? If I have a rom called "Alex Kidd in Miracle World (U) (!).sms" do I need box art png with the same name or does the script look for the "Alex Kidd In Miracle World" and know what game it is looking at?
Not sure I never had to set up Thumbs before :P

Reactions: Turn7Boom

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
It's better use the No-Intro naming convention, the one used in retroarch repository. Either you rename all your games, or get a clean No-Intro/TOSEC/Good set.

I think it looks for the name in the playlist (not file name) to match with the thumbnail.

Last edited by cucholix,
Reactions: Turn7Boom

Turn7Boom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's better use the No-Intro naming convention, the one used in retroarch repository. Either you rename all your games, or get a clean No-Intro/TOSEC/Good set.

I think it looks for the name in the playlist (not file name) to match with the thumbnail.

Thanks for the help! Looks like I got my research cut out for me, haha.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting, so I changed cores using the auto detect method (or rather, choosing a ROM and selecting the core that it works with), from Snes9x to Genesis Plus. No crash, but manually changing the cores is very unstable, unfortunately.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Interesting, so I changed cores using the auto detect method (or rather, choosing a ROM and selecting the core that it works with), from Snes9x to Genesis Plus. No crash, but manually changing the cores is very unstable, unfortunately.
So don't manually change them then. Why you manually change them anyway is beyond me.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So don't manually change them then. Why you manually change them anyway is beyond me.

Because it's a bug and that it shouldn't exist. It's a bug that devs need to know about. You don't just make a program, and when someone tells you there's a bug, ignoring it won't make it go away lol.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because the option/feature is there and doesn't work like it should?
Testing things out is key to feedback you know.

The more bugs are ignored, the worse things get. Like a disease, if you simply ignore it in hopes of it going away, good luck. Programs are the same, if a bug is left untouched for each version, it makes it harder to neutralize. I don't care if people don't use it, it shouldn't be a bug in the first place. Why don't people understand that? :lol:

Opoth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Because it's a bug and that it shouldn't exist. It's a bug that devs need to know about. You don't just make a program, and when someone tells you there's a bug, ignoring it won't make it go away lol.

Why do you insist on creating problems for yourself? RA in its current state in general is smooth as butter with the new launcher channel.

A Plus Ric

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does mgba and gambatte freeze for anyone else when trying to use fast forward toggle on gbc and gb games? Just curious no biggie but might be another bug.

Bidoofguy

Custom Title:
Trophies
XP
Country
Does mgba and gambatte freeze for anyone else when trying to use fast forward toggle on gbc and gb games? Just curious no biggie but might be another bug.
It's a bug, but it's easily enough fixed. Go to the Frame Throttle option in the settings, and change the Maximum Run Speed from 0.0x to 5.0x.

Reactions: A Plus Ric

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed an odd visual anomaly using the most recent Snes9x core in 1.5.4 playing Chrono Trigger. Maybe it's my settings with my monitor or with the emulator core itself, but whenever I engage in battle, and you hear the drawn sword (*shiing*) sound, the screen briefly flickers/shifts (for about one frame), anyone else have that issue? I remember it was actually fixed for a while, and the Wii port of RetroArch had it for a while, but was fixed. Can anyone confirm?:unsure:

I'll try to capture footage of it.

Last edited by the_randomizer,
D

Deleted User

When i load retroarch on the wii u i get ugly white background with no icons and also many cores doesn't work (they won't load).

Last edited by ,

rioray

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@rioray is .ipf format supported by puae Wii U? I'm getting "Not enough memory Guru Meditation error" when trying to boot any of those. Also is AGA emulation working?

For IPF I don't think so for libretro-uae , I think it require to build with capsimage support like for hatari (option to build IPF support) .
For AGA untested on wii U but on PC i use uae file like this:
for Aladdin
Code:
use_gui=no
show_leds=true
chipset=aga
cpu_type=68ec020
chipmem_size=4
fastmem_size=4
gfx_center_vertical=simple
gfx_center_horizontal=simple
gfx_width=640
gfx_height=420
sound_channels=mixed
kickstart_rom_file=./Kick301.rom
floppy0=./aladdin1.adf
floppy1=./aladdin2.adf

For an hd game :
Code:
use_gui=no
show_leds=true
chipset=aga
cpu_type=68ec020
chipmem_size=4
fastmem_size=4
gfx_center_vertical=simple
gfx_center_horizontal=simple
gfx_width=640
gfx_height=420
sound_channels=mixed
kickstart_rom_file=./Kick301.rom
;floppy0=./aladdin1.adf
;floppy1=./aladdin2.adf
hardfile=read-write,32,1,2,512,./wb3.hdf
hardfile=read-write,32,1,2,512,./scrusader.hdf

EDIT: BTW diablodiab wrote an good tutorial about using puae. It a very good starting point even with wii U.

http://lindqvist.synology.me/wordpress/?page_id=182

Last edited by rioray,
Reactions: cucholix and ploggy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la