Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Three questions, maybe answered but I can't find

How could I launch "mame menu" during game for config DIP switches? In fact I got it in retroarch Wii but I can find in new retroarch Wii U. I can't find in "quick menu" and can't find in "hot keys". I remember use a combo to launch it (L1+L1)

input for "acelerete" in "pole position" and "pole position 2". Again one of them I could play using right analog for accelerate but I can't find a way to do with retroarch Wii u

Last one. For some reason, last days I need to load twice times retroarch from forwarder channel in Wii U menu. I don't know why I launch the icon, see the splash screen but return to Wii U menu. Launch second time and it loads
I cant help you with 1+2 but for 3 you need to rename the 50_hbl_installer.rpx file in SD:\wiiu\environments\tiramisu\modules\setup to something else.. eg.. 50_hbl_installer.rpxno ;)

alfonsovin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I cant help you with 1+2 but for 3 you need to rename the 50_hbl_installer.rpx file in SD:\wiiu\environments\tiramisu\modules\setup to something else.. eg.. 50_hbl_installer.rpxno ;)
And what's happen with bbl? Is that have other consequences? Why does it happen now?

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know tbh, I heard the psp ps1 bios can help speed up some games. I guess its the same for ps3 ps1 bios.
I was wondering this also as the description in Retroarch says it will do the opposite unless I 'readed it not the right way' :lol:

I'll put it to the test shortly.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was wondering this also as the description in Retroarch says it will do the opposite unless I 'readed it not the right way' :lol:

I'll put it to the test shortly.
I did rename a psp ps1 bios before and tried it with the ps1 core, it did feel faster in some games but it could just be a placebo effect.

Reactions: Lostbhoy

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I did rename a psp ps1 bios before and tried it with the ps1 core, it did feel faster in some games but it could just be a placebo effect.
Another weird thing is I haven't even set a bios or have one in the retroarch folder, i just dropped the core in and made a playlist from my WiiSXrx ISO folder.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Another weird thing is I haven't even set a bios or have one in the retroarch folder, i just dropped the core in and made a playlist from my WiiSXrx ISO folder.
I think it can use a hle bios if there isn't one provided but the game compatibility will be worse? not sure tho I always had a bios in the system folder :P

Reactions: Lostbhoy

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think it can use a hle bios if there isn't one provided but the game compatibility will be worse? not sure tho I always had a bios in the system folder :P
Yeah turns out i do have them and in that very folder lol and booting through the logo definitely slowed down marvel super heroes when I tried. Even the logo was all crackly in the audio but meh, dont need to see that everytime anyway.

Reactions: ploggy

alfonsovin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
No Ill effects that I can see, though I tend to stick to Retroarch mostly ;)
I don't know why it happens, i just know renaming the file fixes it.
Not my case. It doesn’t fix the load and I can’t launch homebrew launcher

Rename the file again

I will install the channel again tomorrow and will try. Thank you anyway for your help

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
New Core time :)
This time we have a Watara-Supervision Core also known as Quickshot? not familiar with this Core myself apparently it was a Gameboy competitor :) I tried a game to test and seems to work fine, looks very much like Gameboy actually.
Compiled this one myself, thought it was already on the WiiU buildbot but no, so here it is :)

Attachments

• potator_libretro.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 18

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This time we have a Watara-Supervision Core also known as Quickshot? not familiar with this Core myself apparently it was a Gameboy competitor :) I tried a game to test and seems to work fine, looks very much like Gameboy actually.
Compiled this one myself, thought it was already on the WiiU buildbot but no, so here it is :)
Thanks @ploggy its always fun to try out a system I have never played before. Tried out a game called Treasure Hunter was a fun little Boulderdash clone.

Reactions: Lostbhoy and ploggy

Sowden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey @ploggy. You advised me the other day to make a issue tag over that the A800 github for a problem I was having with the Keyboard on the Gamepad. It seems like they did a update fixing a lot of things just last week. Do you compile new updats to be included with the Retroarch updates? I'm wondering if someone could update a new compile for me. Thanks.

https://github.com/libretro/libretro-atari800

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey @ploggy. You advised me the other day to make a issue tag over that the A800 github for a problem I was having with the Keyboard on the Gamepad. It seems like they did a update fixing a lot of things just last week. Do you compile new updats to be included with the Retroarch updates? I'm wondering if someone could update a new compile for me. Thanks.

https://github.com/libretro/libretro-atari800
If its been fixed in the main repo then its already on the buildbot.
...Looking at the latest commit it was added a week ago so its on the buildbot for sure.
Update the Core from the WiiU Online Updater and see if your issue is fixed. :)

Sowden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update the Core from the WiiU Online Updater and see if your issue is fixed. :)
Dude! It was fixed! Now when you have the keyboard on screen, pressing the fire button only activates the keystroke, not the keystroke AND fire on the game behind the OSD. Now I can play The Eddilon on my Wii U! Thanks for your help man.

Zeox-gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Very cool friends more core to WII U users

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi ploggy! I had a question, before, I could use amstrad games with normal speed on Retroarch 1.14.0
Now on Retroarch 1.15.0 , games like arkanoid *.DSK are unplayable, too slow ....
Is it due to an update of the Retroarch program or due to the update of the Core cap32_libretro.rpx and crocods_libretro.rpx?
If it's the core, anyway to get the old cap32_libretro.rpx or crocods_libretro.rpx I had before to replace the newest cap32_libretro.rpx?
Also, do you know a good cpc emulator for wiiU (not wiituka) or for android? (i've tried many) none work.
The best options is cpce194 but on windows it seems. It was working perfectly alright at a moment with retroarch on wiiU with 1.14.0. How can a amstrad emulator be so slow on 1.15 on a wiiu?? ;)

Last edited by mrmagicm,
Reactions: AmandaRose

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, don't impregnate her +1