AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi ploggy! I had a question, before, I could use amstrad games with normal speed on Retroarch 1.14.0
Now on Retroarch 1.15.0 , games like arkanoid *.DSK are unplayable, too slow ....
Is it due to an update of the Retroarch program or due to the update of the Core cap32_libretro.rpx?
If it's the core, anyway to get the old cap32_libretro.rpx I had before to replace the newest cap32_libretro.rpx?
Also, do you know a good cpc emulator for wiiU (not wiituka) or for android? (i've tried many) none work.
The best options is cpce194 but on windows it seems. It was working perfectly alright at a moment with retroarch on wiiU with 1.14.0. How can a amstrad emulator be so slow on 1.15 on a wiiu?? ;)
Yep can confirm many games now are mega slow when they weren't before. Also some games graphics are now all screwed up such as Burnin' Rubber which used to play perfectly but now the graphics are all jumbled up.

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Would it work if I put the RPX files that retroarch 1.14 had on retroarch 1.15?
The problem: it would update core when I update all cores....
Wiitukaa seems good on wii but it's interface for loading a rom doesn't work or is rubbish on wiiU/wii
Thanks for confirmation AmandaRose
Anyone would now a good x68000 sharp emulator standalone emulator on android or Wiiu? (that works fine)

Reactions: AmandaRose

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi ploggy! I had a question, before, I could use amstrad games with normal speed on Retroarch 1.14.0
Now on Retroarch 1.15.0 , games like arkanoid *.DSK are unplayable, too slow ....
Is it due to an update of the Retroarch program or due to the update of the Core cap32_libretro.rpx and crocods_libretro.rpx?
If it's the core, anyway to get the old cap32_libretro.rpx or crocods_libretro.rpx I had before to replace the newest cap32_libretro.rpx?
Also, do you know a good cpc emulator for wiiU (not wiituka) or for android? (i've tried many) none work.
The best options is cpce194 but on windows it seems. It was working perfectly alright at a moment with retroarch on wiiU with 1.14.0. How can a amstrad emulator be so slow on 1.15 on a wiiu?? ;)
I just tried Bruce Lee and Arkanoid on the latest Cap32 Core (1.16.0) and that seemed to play fullspeed (49-50 fps) for me?
Have you tried on 1.16.0? I would say its down to the Core but the fact they're both now nerfed? that's strange?
I don't know of any other Amstrad Emulators on WiiU, I tend to stick close to Retroarch for my emu needs :P
Yep can confirm many games now are mega slow when they weren't before. Also some games graphics are now all screwed up such as Burnin' Rubber which used to play perfectly but now the graphics are all jumbled up.
What was the last known good version of the Cap32 Core that burning rubber worked correctly?

Reactions: AmandaRose

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure as it was at least a year ago I last played the game sorry.
ok no probs ill check it out :)
Post automatically merged:

Ok some test results :)

Burnin' Rubber was broken on the v1.10.3 Core and was working on the v1.10.2 Core so somewhere in between those two versions the games graphics became messed.
But as for the games perf, I've gone back as far as v1.8.7 (2020 Core) and the game is still slow. :P
Post automatically merged:

Would it work if I put the RPX files that retroarch 1.14 had on retroarch 1.15?
The problem: it would update core when I update all cores....
Wiitukaa seems good on wii but it's interface for loading a rom doesn't work or is rubbish on wiiU/wii
Thanks for confirmation AmandaRose
Anyone would now a good x68000 sharp emulator standalone emulator on android or Wiiu? (that works fine)
You can get Retroarch for Android too, just because a Core is slow on WiiU doesn't mean the Core will be slow on Android as well, chances are the Core will work perfectly fine on the Android port :)
Give it a chance and see.

Last edited by ploggy,

Asin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I've been hearing about a PS1/PSX core finally managing to be ported to Wii U RetroArch, which is excellent news to hear. Have we any updates on DS emulation on RetroArch Wii U at all or is there nothing?

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So, I've been hearing about a PS1/PSX core finally managing to be ported to Wii U RetroArch, which is excellent news to hear. Have we any updates on DS emulation on RetroArch Wii U at all or is there nothing?
Nothing on the DS front right now. perhaps if we get openGL support.

Last edited by ploggy,

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for the pcsx core and congratulations for everyone who waited!
Is the ps3's psx bios faster than original psx bios? thanks

Asin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, is the Playstation core fully functional or is there anything we need to know before using it?

EDIT: I forgot! What's the deal with multi-disc games, how would those work on something like this?

Last edited by Asin,

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Reactions: depaul

Asin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Core is fullspeed in most games, heavier 3d games are slower.
Multi Disc Games are explained here ;)
{cannot post link because I am too new for that feature}
Are there any games noted to be particularly slow or anything? Sorry for so many questions, I'm just curious on how well the core runs, since it's new and all.

Asin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3d Fighting games tend to be the worst performers in my tests
So stuff like Tekken then. Good to know!
EDIT: One final question: What's the next big focus gonna be for Wii U RetroArch in terms of core ports, once we finish getting PS1 core stuff ironed out?

Reactions: ploggy

grandosegood

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi everyone, i'd like to thank ya'll for the hard work. i had a few questions:

1) - is aroma compatibility still being worked on?

2) is there snes msu-1 support? in particular, i'm trying to find the best way to run nba jam snes hack. the only other option i can think of is to use a wii u to vwii forwarder for the wii/vwii snes9x emulator and load it from sd card.

3) is there a way to create a forwarder with retroarch so that it loads a specific game/core? (eg, i press an icon from the wii u menu, it loads retroarch snes9x 2010 core with a specific game, nba jam snes in my case)

Last edited by grandosegood,

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So stuff like Tekken then. Good to know!
EDIT: One final question: What's the next big focus gonna be for Wii U RetroArch in terms of core ports, once we finish getting PS1 core stuff ironed out?
Truthfully theres no focus on any other Cores right now, theres no WiiU devs looking into anything Retroarch, I wish I could do more than compile low hanging fruit Cores, but that's my skill level heh
I wouldn't mind getting the Saturn/N64/Dreamcast/DS Cores compiled for WiiU (even tho they would be VERY VERY slow) just to have them on the WiiU. but that's beyond me, I think its more than just adding WiiU to their makefiles :P
hi everyone, i'd like to thank ya'll for the hard work. i had a few questions:

1) - is aroma compatibility still being worked on?

2) is there snes msu-1 support? in particular, i'm trying to find the best way to run nba jam snes hack. the only other option i can think of is to use a wii u to vwii forwarder for the wii/vwii snes9x emulator and load it from sd card.

3) is there a way to create a forwarder with retroarch so that it loads a specific game/core? (eg, i press an icon from the wii u menu, it loads retroarch snes9x 2010 core with a specific game, nba jam snes in my case)
1. Aroma is on the back burner right now but the dev is planning on returning to it.

2. Yes! Snes9x Core on WiiU supports msu-1, I got TMNT working with msu-1 a few years ago :)

3. Not until someone can add a working procui loop to Retroarch so the forwarder can exit properly
(right now if we try to add per game channels to Retroarch the emulator will fail to exit and just freeze) :/
No offense but I don’t think DS support is high priority since injecting DS VC is very easy and compatibility is pretty high, I’d prefer PSP or Saturn tbh.
Your right, we're not gonna get a DS Core or any other "high end" Core anytime soon, not until they get a PPC Jit/Dynarec + OpenGL support, in truth we were lucky to get PS1 when we did.
But I still do have hope the we will get more high end cores in the future, we just need a dev that can do the work needed.

Yes Tekken 3 was very slow. For some reason it plays way slower than it does on the Wii ps1 emu's. .
The Wii port is doing GPU optimizations that are Wii specific so aren't compatible with the WiiU otherwise we would get a boost too :/ but I still think the there's more to it than that, I think there's a bug in current Retroarch/PS1 Core that's crippling the perf, but that's just me :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Good. I asked if the meta quest 2 was a good starter VR headset. And they said why not an Oculus.