Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I saw that, noticed a lot of cores in there for us to test. Gonna upload them to my SD card :P
Is there any reason to update all of the cores to RPX instead of ELF?
I only use Mame 2003 as RPX, while all the others I still use ELF, but I'm wondering what advantages would updating to the rpx format have for cores which do not surpass the 6MB in size?

Also @OriginalHamster, your icons are really good, I'd suggest giving it a try to submit them to the Retroarch GitHub page so that the next time they compile, they do so with the new icons you've made:
https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/tree/0a6e6d1abed81bf859eac3d2a4ce96f1bdf787dd/ctr/assets

I "believe" those are the icons which are being pulled for the Wii U build.
You'd only need to replace the ones which end in "_banner", since the others are the icons used for the 3DS Home Menu.

I'd suggest covering most if not all of them if you can :P
Yours are awesome!

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@LibretroRetroArc @aliaspider will this help towards the file browser speed issue?

Quote from Dimok in another thread..

Alright guys, here is an update to the library.

I added DISC_INTERFACE devices for sd and usb to the library. Those disc interfaces can be used in combination with libfat, libntfs or libext2fs to mount varios devices with different filesystems on the wii u homebrews.

One of a great improvements is that the SD speed is way faster than using the original FS library of nintendo. Another bonus is that mounting USB with other filesystems than the original nintendo WFS filesystem is now also possible. This could theoritically be used to mount the USB inside the MCP iosuhax module (aka wupserver) before the original MCP module starts to search for titles on the USB. Then force it to search on an NTFS/FAT32 formatted USB device through a hook. This is not done yet but it would be quite possible. Maybe with this some people that were sceptical above see some light in this now.

What's done for now as a demonstration on how it works is a version of ftpiiu everywhere that uses libfat for SD and USB mounting. You can just insert a FAT32 formatted USB device either as first or 2nd usb device and it will be mounted by ftpiiu everywhere. It first tries the first device and if that fails then the second. Be aware hat if you attach the 2nd usb drive inside the WiiU Menu it will tell you to remove it and reboot. So only attach the 2nd device once you are inside HBL. If you only use one device as FAT32 you can attach it at any time. ftpiiu everywhere will automatically mount FAT32 usb devices to "usb" and WFS usb devices to "storage_usb".

Where to find the new stuff?
You can find the new update of libiosuhax on my github here:
https://github.com/dimok789/libiosuhax/commit/918491b2db486dd3c6ddb45c009b14a9fefc3561

I adapted libfat a bit to use the new disc interfaces as defaults. With that you can simply use fatInitDefault(); and it will mount the SD card and any FAT32 usb devices. Of course you can also just use the manual libfat mount functions. You can find it here:
https://github.com/dimok789/libfat

The new ftpiiu everywhere version that makes use of the new changes can be found here:
https://github.com/dimok789/ftpiiu/tree/ftpiiu_everywhere
Here a compiled version: http://www81.zippyshare.com/v/2wnWV6Xd/file.html

Have fun with it

Last edited by ploggy,

colanwiser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I can't get fba 2012 neo geo to see the roms, I think this a romset thing, but basically I have a roms folder under retroarch in the root of my sd card... and each rom is in a zip file in a separate folder with neogeo.zip, but when I go to load my rom in fba it can't find them.. can somebody help me out here... did I get the rom structure wrong. Thanks..

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hi, I can't get fba 2012 neo geo to see the roms, I think this a romset thing, but basically I have a roms folder under retroarch in the root of my sd card... and each rom is in a zip file in a separate folder with neogeo.zip, but when I go to load my rom in fba it can't find them.. can somebody help me out here... did I get the rom structure wrong. Thanks..
The ROM structure is fine. I'd put the neogeo.zip in the System folder just in case (where all your other BIOS reside). Is your romset FBA 2012 compliant? Rule of thumb: if you can, check them on the PC version of FBA first, so you can quickly discard.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom

so you have each game zip in a separate folder?? u have all my zips in one folder and they all work not sure if that is why you have a issue but might be worth trying

colanwiser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, yeah I put neogeo bios in retroarch/cores/system.. still doesn't work. I'm going to tinker around with a single rom first, and see if I can get it working... any additional support is appreciated.

colanwiser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where should I get my roms For fba 2012? I cant wait to see what n64 and psx are like on wii u.. hope it's nice and smooth! And btw I converted all the music from freedoom phase one into mp3... anybody a fan of that like I am?

Last edited by colanwiser,

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
What you can do is set up an FTP server (FTPiiU) and update the files you need without having to take the SD card out, saving on wear and tear. I don't know what's causing it, as it is worrisome (and I don't have the means to get a new Wii U anytime soon). That being said, I wish that the HBL just kicked back to the menu and not lock up the console.
People should always use FTP for smaller files when they can to avoid wear and tear. These cheap SD slots aren't designed for the card to be constantly removed. The same goes for the 3DS and most consoles.

Only remove the SD card if you need to copy something big like a full Wii U game.

Last edited by sj33,

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People should always use FTP for smaller files when they can to avoid wear and tear. These cheap SD slots aren't designed for the card to be constantly removed. The same goes for the 3DS and most consoles.

Only remove the SD card if you need to copy something big like a full Wii U game.

The thing though is this card isn't cheap per se, as it's SanDisk and not a weird knock off product, but you are right, FTP is perfect for updating apps, which are only a few MB in size usually.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It's not necessarily the cards that will wear out - the SD card slots in the consoles themselves are super-cheap and may wear out if you take the cards out every day over a long period. It should be kept to a minimum.

Not saying it is the cause of your problems, it's just good practice in general.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not necessarily the cards that will wear out - the SD card slots in the consoles themselves are super-cheap and may wear out if you take the cards out every day for a long period. It should be kept to a minimum.

Not saying it is the cause of your problems, it's just good practice in general.

Could it be why I get the -3 error every now and then? That's the SD card not being inserted properly error, as -4 is an SD mount failure; I don't get the latter error, but the former randomly. FTP's the way I'm gonna go from now on for most things.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Do you have another SD card you can test? Maybe the one from your 3DS? You shouldn't need to delete anything on the card. This would be just to test if the card itself it at fault.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Stepcroc, I'm stuck.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Those are monitor lizards you dunce.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I'm funny. lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Eggs and roasted potatoes came out good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching the first omen and so far it's not the priest doing the scaring
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Shouldn't the kid be the scary one?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The second omen: the chior boy gets his revenge
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Reverse exorcist: it's when you hire a demon to remove the priest out of a small child.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hire Kendrick Drake possessed a minor again
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, I'd run away from his singing too.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wonder if Drakes still allowed to use his Instagram
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds like everyone has some great imaginary friends
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Yeah, that was insane.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Don't know what Drake was even thinking.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What every rich scumbag thinks that they can put their dick on anything and get away with it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I better hide my silicone Tifa doll
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What did Drake do, exactly? I don't follow celeb gossip.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Supposed accusations that Drake groomed a minor.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Allegedly groomed a 17 year old Instagram model or something along those lines
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yep, something like that.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1MJtV0UPI8